“Excellent hotel and location. The best”

Residenza Argentina
Ranked #38 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We just got back from 3 night in Rome with our kids ages 12 & 14. We were in a quad room which was surprisingly a nice size room. The hotel is very clean and quite.
The hotel is in an excellent location. Truly central to everything we did. Taxi and bus is right around the corner but we never used them since we were so close to everything. We walked everywhere from here. 3-5 minute walk to Pantheon, Camp de Fiori, 5-7 to Pizza Navao, about 10-15 to Trevi fountain and Colessum, and 20 minutes to St. Peters.
To enter the hotel, you have to go through a courtyard, then a gate. The kids felt like we were living there vs. staying at at hotel. They kept calling it "our home"
The staff was very nice and attentive. Breakfast was sufficient and good with excellent cappuccino.
We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Parissadr

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We experiensed a very friendly staff. Our room no 2 was spacious, clean and well equiped with among other things a minibank. No noise from the street outside since the room was faceing a sidestreet. The beds were beautifully made and the bathrom smart looking. The breakfast was also good for Italian standards. Going out from the building dowstairs there is a button to push on the oposite wall from the gate inside. We had four different keys given to us and the last one we tried was allways the right one...:))

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Berit C
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I had originally booked a room, which I've done many times before, at Hotel Navona in Rome. Upon arrival, I was told they were overbooked and that I would have to stay in a smaller hotel that was part of the family properties. Needless to say, I was a bit concerned. But upon arrival, much to my surprise, Residenza Argentina turned out to be very comfortable and located perfectly within reach of all I would ever want to see and do. The small number of rooms made for a much appreciated personal treatment from the staff. I felt as though I had my own concierge! I now have a room booked for later this year and can't wait to return to Rome and have Residenza Argentina as my home base.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the rooms!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MusicByMikeG
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We stayed here for three nights in December 2012. The hotel is in a very good position, in an ancient building with a courtyard at less then 5 minutes on foot from the Pantheon. The lobby has a beautiful design furiture. Our room was medium sized and clean, with every comfort. Breakfast was included and alright, with a good choice of tasty food. The staff was helpful and kind.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank albus09
Reviewed 27 April 2013

We chose this small residenza (6 rooms?) based on the location and elevator since one of our party was limited in walking long distances. There is a taxi stand and many bus stops right outside the door, so I would definitely recommend it for these reasons.
It was hard to find many reviews of the place but we took a leap of faith and I'm glad we did. The rooms were comfortable, the staff super friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was a good way to start the day. Excellent cappuccino, and a variety of breads, hard boiled eggs, meat and cheese, and sweets. After 3 days it got a little boring but it was well presented and included in the price so we weren't complaining! We stayed in a Quad room which had a double (matrimonial) bed with two small cot like beds but my 11 and 14 yr old sons found them comfortable.
It isn't as hard to find as I feared...check out google street view if you need to. There is a sign on a door on the sidewalk, buzz in if its locked, and then you have to walk down the courtyard all the way through to the gated door on the left. There is a buzzer there for the Residenza.
The wifi was the best we encountered. No dropping out and string enough for Skype video.
This isn't fancy, I gave it 5 stars for doing its job as what it presents itself as. A comfy, safe, nice place to stay in a convenient location with nice staff. Not a fancy upscale place but not bare bones either...no complaints here at all!

Room Tip: We didn't find the rooms noisy at all, I'm sure any would be fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank laulipop
Reviewed 3 April 2013

After staying three nights at this hotel, I must say that I did not expected this much comfort and smiling staff in return of a reasonable price at such a central location.

It is a residence located inside an old apartment building accessed via its inner courtyard. So they give you the keys of all the doors during your stay. Silent and calm place and I gues that would also be nice for family travels.
My room was number 5, where the bathroom is located above the bedroom (I haven't seen the other rooms). It was nice with a large bathroom, but be reminded to ask for other room options, if there will be retarded or disabled guest.
Room was clean, comfortable, quite silent despite looking towards the side road. Unfortunately the street was under construction, so there was a noise but at the end it is not a continuous street noise.
Staff were such nice people with smiling faces, always very helpful and talkative.
Breakfast was satisfying with good coffee served.
Location is at a very central point, just acroos big bookstore Feltrinelli in Largo di Argentina. Very easy access to most of the sights in Rome and there is a bus-stop in front of the hotel where you can find a lot of buses to other sights.
As a summary, I definitely recommend this good value hotel for a comfortable stay with warm wellcoming staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank bunraku
Reviewed 14 March 2013

The location is perfect! The hotel is about 5 minutes walking to Colosseum, if you go one side, if you go another is 5 minutes from Pantheon. I went to everywhere walking, except The Vaticano which is a little far. The rooms are very nice, breakfast is great. The staff is incredible, very thoughtful to your needs. It's really worth your staying.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family