Siracusa Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbreakfast roomvia marsalalonger periodlarge cityreasonable ratesstay there againplenty of hot watershort stayroma termininoise from the streetair conditionerclose to the train stationpastryrooms are smallcentral locationyogurtblinds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2011

This hotel was dirty, old, noisy and the service was terrible. The beds are like old cots, with holes in the bedspreads and sheets. There is no shower curtain in the bathrooms so the entire bathroom gets soaked when you shower. The AC leaked in our room right onto the bed so we had to move rooms mid-stay to another old, gross room. Stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I'm 18 years old and I stayed at this hotel in Rome with my mom from August 13-16 2011. Let me start my review by saying that the location is just wonderful. It is directly across the street from the Termini train station, so you never have to worry about getting lost in Rome. Just find any bus stop and for 1 euro you'll take the bus to Termini. The location is phenomenal. And for a quick word of advice to anyone who wants a great grocery store in Rome, on the lower level of the train station there is a huge supermarket. It's definitely the place to get any food or drinks you want very cheap. Moving onto the actual hotel...personally as long as there is working a/c and water and a bed, that constitutes a good hotel to me. I'm not very picky and I didn't go to Rome to hang out in a hotel room. The hotel room was a good size and the bathroom was a surprisingly good size for Europe. The shower was very small though. The staff weren't the friendliest people ever though, but when I needed to make a phone call, they helped me. One thing that disappointed me was that there was no WIFI at the hotel. Overall, I loved Rome and I thought that Hotel Siracusa was a great hotel that met all our needs. I would recommend 100% simply because the location made traveling around Rome a breeze at all hours of the day and night.

Room Tip: Choose a room that doesn't face the train station because it will be a LOT quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank julesgrl215
Reviewed 15 August 2011

my friend and I, both 21 years old, stayed here from 6th-13th August 2011 as our hotel went into liquidation and our travel agent arranged this one for us. came onto trip advisor and read the reviews and was absolutely horrified and dreading my stay here.

i'm going to be as honest as possible, and for the record although we are 21, our standards of cleanliness, safety noise etc are high. when we first arrived we checked in and headed up to our room 207. the lift was absolutely tiny it was a struggle getting ourselves and two cases into the lift. we arrived at our room and although it was small, we did a once over of the bathroom and bedsheets and they were clean. in the cupboard there was also a safety deposit box, which we were glad of.

**positives**
clean room, comfortable bed, good location for reaching termini station (its just across the road), our room had a balcony which was nice for sitting looking out and hanging towels out to dry, no noise (there was a loud american family next door but we only really heard them during the day once or twice) staff were friendly enough to us, clean towels and maid service every day. good powerful warm shower. on our day of departure, check out was 12midday but our flight wasn't until later so we asked if the staff could keep our bags and this was no problem. they lock it away in a room for you until you need to go to the airport!

**negatives**
when someone flushes the toilet in another room or somewhere in the hotel, we heard a rush of water as if it was going down a pipe, sounded like torrential rain outside, the shower has no curtain like everyone has mentioned therefore when you take a shower, the bathroom will end up soaked. the maids do give you plenty of towels tho so it can be easily dried. our safe broke on the thursday so we had to lock our valuables away in our cases.

cant give an opinion of breakfast as we were never up in time to eat, breakfast was 7am-10am! also, although they never bothered us, there are a few homeless people who hang around termini station, so be careful.

this hotel is by no means the Ritz, but it is not as bad as some people are making it out on their reviews. Our room was one with a balcony, not all rooms have this. this hotel is fine if all you want is a base for your time in rome. it is also located just down the street from the Terravision bus service which takes you to the airport.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank nikki g
Reviewed 3 March 2011

the worst hotel service i have ever received, is the 4 stars self proclaimed? i have done many travels, from the most posh treatments to the cheapest backpacking lodge. but this is the worst i have even seen. THE STAFFS ARE THE ONES RESPONSIBLE FOR SPOILING THE ENTIRE TRIP, we were poorly greeted when we checked in the hotel, as our flight arrived an hour earlier than check in time, i was rudely told that i was too early and to return later in the day. the old man concierge always reply me in the utmost disgust, and it is clearly shown in his facial expression and body language, he doesnt even look at me in the eye when we converse- it doesnt take a genius to realize this is just poor courtesy.

i strongly felt disrespected by the staffs- when i was filling up water from the breakfast table, the waitress yelled at me for emptying their jug of water, perhaps it is my inability to understand italian, but never have i been yelled by a waitress before.

the shower and bath had no partitions with the rest of the washroom, so u will definitely wet the whole toilet by the end of the shower.

the tv set in my room was faulty too, as it is not capable to receive satellite programs.

never would i want to visit this place again although the location was a good one.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank shienchii
Reviewed 28 February 2010

The staff was very BRAVO ! :) The location of hotel is the best !

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business