“Nice place to have a beverage”
Review of Rockadile - CLOSED

Rockadile
Reviewed 11 December 2013

My second time at this establishment. There is new management. I enjoyed having friendly conversation with the bar tender and another customer. I didn't eat there but the food I saw looked good. The last time I was there they had a live band that was awesome. The bartender said they will have live music on weekends.

Reviewed 7 November 2013 via mobile

Quiet place, relaxed atmosphere with English rock music and wide choice in the alcohol menu. Prices a bit high.

Reviewed 16 May 2013

The service was horrible, the food was basic, insipid and plain. For being a wine bar they had limited choices. Recommend you continue on to a better place.

2  Thank Eldelil
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We headed to Ristorante Santa Cristina al Quirinale nearby but it was closed so we settled on this place instead. The place was pretty dead, just us and two other tourists - but at 18:00 it was still early, and hey they have FREE WIFI, cool huh? The sign outside said WINE BAR but they have a small menu offering, around 10 euros per dish. My wife got a cold rice based dish (it's supposed to be served cold apparently) and the peas were wrinkled, who knows how long that one's been sitting in the fridge! I got a lasagne which tasted like something from the supermarket freezer aisle. Tried to use their wifi but they said it's broken today sorry. The toilets were a bit run down, not unexpected in Italy but that did top off a very disappointing dinner.

See more reviews
Reviewed 30 January 2006

Best place in Roma I have found for:
- a proper-ish late night pint (when you've had enough wine/liquers/spirits) without mock English/Irish decor
- feel of a bit of real/young Roma beneath the tourist/glitz
- free 'relaxed' live music.

Only caution - the toilets are a touch more intimate than most English/Irish (who must be the continent's most sensitive in this area) are used. Much of is is also very dark.

6  Thank JandE-London1