“Exceptionally friendly staff”

Ranked #78 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Jyvaskyla, Finland
“Exceptionally friendly staff”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Trilussa is located in Trastevere, across Tiber river from historic center and the main sights. If it's your first visit to Rome, you're on a tight schedule, and want to see the main historical attractions, location is manageable but not ideal. However, downtown is a short tram ride away.
What impressed me the most about Trilussa is how every employee is truly friendly and offers their help. This made the atmosphere in the hotel very nice. Breakfast is fine, and the roof terrace is nice for pre-dinner drinks. We did not try the spa, which has an extra fee.
Our room was spacious and well appointed, but we had an executive room. I understand that standard rooms are smaller.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Antti A
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Greetings from Rome!
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your stay at Trilussa Palace Hotel and for your feed back, it's very important for us to know your opinions. We are glad to get aware that you did appreciate our services because for us the customer is our priority. We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again and to try our SPA!!
The staff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at this hotel. The staff were outstanding and the room and hotel was very clean. While there were some issues with the shower on balance we were happy with our stay. However the hotel bills itself as being is trastevere. This is really not the case and all destinations were a 15 min walk away. In fairness it was on a major road and cabs and buses were plentiful. Also there was an outstanding restaurant virtually next door called l'orange. Overall a good experience and we'd recommend it.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Greetings from Rome!
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words and for choosing our hotel. The staff of the Trilussa Palace Hotel is glad to read your positive review, it's very important for us to improve our services. We are happy that we were satisfied with the location, too. We are sorry for the inconvenience related to the shower and the due provisions have already been taken. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon and enjoy the new showers!!!See you in Rome.
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Stayed hear with a group off friends for 2 nights, hotel was clean with friendly staff, rooms were small but for what we needed the rooms for it was fine, breakfast was continental and was a good way of starting our day, the hotel has a spa though all this is at an extra cost, the roof top bar is a good way off relaxing though drinks are expensive, the location is ok the is bus service close by so buy a €6 travel card to get you around the city, again if I was travelling to Rome again I would stay at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Greetings from Rome
Dear guest,
thank you so much for your feed back,it's very important for us to improve our services.
We are glad to know that you did appreciate our services and you will come back again in our hotel for your next trip in Rome.
As you wrote on your review, our spa has an extra cost as we rent it only for an exclusive use and it is very appreciated by our guest who want total relax without being disturb by other people.
About our roof bar, you said that the drinks are expensive, but according to us,our prices are more then convenient respect to the location.

Looking forward to welcome you again soon!!!

Ambler, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2013

The Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel & Spa is situated in the Trastevere section of Rome, just across the Tiber River. My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel from 7-18 April 2013 and found the location to be exceptional. From the many local restaurants to the shops to the easy access to pubic transportation....everything that we needed and/or wanted was within our reach. The front desk personnel, the hotel staff, the waiters/waitresses could not be more helpful or friendly. No matter what time of day or night, all always had a smile and more than happy to assist with anything and everything. There was no request too small or too big for them to handle with courtesy, respect and grace. In this hotel, all of the staff put the customer first. The room we had was a larger room with a balcony and was smaller than the American equivalent but large for a European hotel. The room was always clean with fresh towels and toiletries. The breakfast served daily was a bit predictable and monotonous for 11 days but it definitely was more than adequate to begin a long day of walking and touring. When there was problems with the hot water for 2 days straight, we were not only graciously given a 30% discount on one night but free use of the Moon Spa for 2 hours with complimentary prosecco, fruits and beverages. It was apparent to my boyfriend and I that the Trilussa staff truly care about the comfort and satisfaction of their guests. I would definitely recommend the Trilussa Congress Hotel & Spa to anyone who is staying in Rome for any length of time and wants a quiet refuge from the center of Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Nean228
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2013
Greetings from Trilussa Palace Hotel
Dear guest,

thank you so much for your great comment and for recommending the Trilussa Palace Hotel to the other travelers. We feel flattered that you took the time to relate your experience with us.
All the staff is so happy and grateful for the beautiful words that you used to describe their services.
We are glad to know that you did appreciate the way we resolve the little trouble that you had during your stay and pleased to realize through your words that you did understand the hotel's aim: "Guest satisfaction is our satisfaction"

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again but until that day, we wish you the best for the future.

Warm regards,
Pacifica, California
Reviewed 19 May 2013

As third-times visitors to Roma, we had always wanted to stay in the Trastevere District. On the recommendation of a work colleague, we booked at the Trilussa Place. It turned out to be a nice, older style hotel with a spacious, well-appointed room. The room was not the biggest, perhaps, but certainly adequate for a touring couple. Breakfast was excellent. The hotel is located on a tram line which takes one over the river to the areas frequented by tourists. Stolling Trastevere to the river is a 10-15 minute walk. On the way, and off the main streets, are bars, cafes and restaurants. It is a delightful area. The hotel staff was wonderful and helpful, no more so than on the last day. On that last day when a taxi to the airport failed to arrive at the appointed time, a member of the staff accompanied me to the street in a drizzle and helped me flag down another. She didn't have to do that, but it was much appreciated.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a somewhat busy street so having a room in the back is quieter. we thought the room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pacdan
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Guest,
first of all thank you for having chosen Trilussa Palace Hotel: we are happy that you were satisfied with your stay and that you trusted your colleague’s advice ^_^ It’s a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the breakfast and that the service offered by the staff, together with the area, contributed to make your holiday pleasant and enjoyable. We are glad to know that you did not take for granted our wish to be helpful: thank you for your sincere appreciation: it is rewarding! We hope to welcome you back in the next future! Take care. Best wishes from all the staff ^_^
maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Nice to stay in Trastevere neighborhood. Easy public transportation is readily available, or put on your walking shoes for pleasant walk through leafy streets, where one sees more locals than tourists. Lots of very good restaurants in this area of Rome, including within short walks of the Trilussa. Front desk very helpful with suggestions and advice. Room was decent, comfortable bed, quiet area, good breakfast add up to good overall experience.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank thisisdumb
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Dear Guests,
thank you for your stay at Trilussa Palace Hotel and for having left your opinion. We are glad to know that you had a good experience here and that you were satisfied with your stay. The staff is happy to have been helpful to let you enjoy Trastevere area, and that you appreciated so much our effort in order to make you stay something nice. We hope that, keeping nice memories about your stay, you will be back in the next future. Take care. Warm regards.
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

I have just returned home today after 3 nights in Rome! I wanted to review this hotel as it was Trip Advisor that pointed me towards it in the first place! So, whilst it is all fresh in my mind..

The staff are all brilliant: Everyone had a smile, and were extremely helpful. This began with email contact before my trip (all questions I had were answered quickly) and gave me confidenc;e that I was booking into a hotel that cared about their customers. Whilst there I was extremely happy with the service from the warm and insightful welcome (including information on how to get about), to the staffs patience and willingness to let me try to speak a bit of Italian (whilst not always successful and to much amusement on occasion).

Room: My room was a single (as I was travelling solo). It was more then enough space for me (as I was only there to shower and sleep). The bed was very comfortable (appreciated after the long sightseeing days). The bathroom was adequate, my only grumble was that (at a pretty average 6ft), I found the shower to be a tad cramped. The room was very clean and kept that way during my staff.

Breakfast and Roof Terrace: The breakfast on offer is your standard continental affair. Perfectly acceptable to set you up for a day out and about. I really enjoyed the roof terrace bar for a post dinner glass of wine in the evening. I didn't have dinner in the hotel (I don't believe there was any on offer) but the roof terrace did offer a small selection of food.

Location: I found the location to be perfect for me. I was looking to walk as much as I could (as it allows you to see more). For example, i quite enjoyed the half an hour or so walk up towards the Pantheon. There is a tram stop conveniently located nearby you can use though which would greatly reduce this time. I guess it is all down to personal preference/opinion. There is a very nice square about 10 mins walk away, and there are some decent shops just off it. I ate in one of the restaurants just off the square and found it perfectly acceptable. One of the hotel staffs best recommendations was a restaurant called l'Orange (which is just a few doors away from the hotel).

Summary: All in all I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. It was nice and quiet, had a mixture of couples and families with younger children. 3 nights was maybe enough for my tired legs but I would certainly go back and see more of this brilliant city in the future!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
hoteltrilussa, Responsabile relazioni con la clientela at Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Greetings form Rome!
Dear Guest,
first of all thank you for your stay at Trilussa Palace Hotel and for having left such a detailed opinion that will be useful to other future guests. It is pleasure to know that you had a great time here and that you enjoyed the facilities of the hotel. We are happy that you liked Trastevere area too. We are just a little bit sorry about the size of the shower but, for your next stay, you will find plenty of space since the management is taking provisions to change the shower facilities. We hope to welcome you back in the next future. Warm regards from all the staff, who is full of appreciation for your rewarding words. Take care. See you in Rome.