A great hotel with very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Room spotless, breakfast superb (open till 10.30am!). Whilst it is in Trastevere, the No 8 tram to Argentina is just outside the front door - then it's a 62 West bound to the Vatican, a 62 East bound to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain. The 3 bus from outside (replaces the 3 tram) goes to the Colisseum. The brilliant evening restaurants of Trastevere are a 4 tram stops away or to Argentgina again for central restaurants - use public transport it's great value - you can buy tickets at the front desk. Taxis are about 10 Euros to the centre.
However, a few caveats: if, like me, you are larger than average (I'm 6' 4" and a 5XL) - you'll need to shower in the basement gym as there's more turning room! Don't get me wrong, I could still shower in the bathroom - it's a matter of comfort. If you want to eat on the Roof Garden, great view and soft breeze, then you must book at the front desk as the staff upstairs say "I'll see what I can do" which is a kind way of saying "No" - but I expected an answer! There's also no Tea/Coffee in the room but the mini bar had half bottles of wine at 3 Euros - very drinkable.
I'd recommend it to anyone as it's so friendly and comfortable (despite the shower).
As to Rome itself, forget the sights and stroll down the Via Giulia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Lastminute, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome