We booked the hotel through ebay - there was this special offer that cost 299€ for 3 nights in a superior room, including breakfast and a 40€ voucher that could be used at the bar or minibar. That was probably the biggest mistake.
We travelled with another couple friend, who had already bought the voucher. The hotel confirmed that if our friends have bought the voucher, we only had to pay the 299€ at the hotel upfront upon check-in. We agreed to that.
Hence, we confirmed via email that we wanted to book 2 rooms. Turns out, the hotel was overbooked and there was only 1 room available when we arrived at 1am. We were flabbergasted.
On email, it was very clear that we wanted 2 rooms. The hotel said that because we didn´t confirm our stay, they didn´t reserve the room for us. We did confirm our stay and in our email we said "we would like to confirm our stay for the period ....". He said that we should have put "for 2 rooms"...however there was a chain of emails attached and in this chain, it was obvious that we wanted 2 rooms. We had even sent our details - i.e. our names and addresses.
We spent the first night sleeping on makeshift beds in the same room as our friends (4 of us)- really bad start to our stay.
We were subsequently upgraded to a junior suite which was nice.
However, upon checkout, the same confusion and frustration took place with the 40€ voucher. We used the voucher to empty our fridge (according to instructions from their staff). However when we wanted to pay, nobody claimed responsiblity for us emptying the fridge and they wanted us to make a list of things including the prices of these drinks that we have taken. Since there was an incomplete price list on the fridge, we were unable to do that. Manager / staff had no idea how to deal with the voucher, no idea what to tell us nor what to do.
Our first and last impresion were ruined by the bad service of the hotel. Rule of thumb: don´t issue a voucher for which you have no idea how to use! Besides the breakfast was way below average for a 4-star hotel. No warm food, only the usual cold ham and cheese and ammenities.
I would never go back to this hotel again. So ruined was my impression of this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Lastminute, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Cancelon so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome