Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights for a suprise 30th birthday holiday for him. We stayed in a Junior Suite (519) and we were very impressed. From some of the reviews i had read on here previous to our trip i wes expecting the room to be small but it was perfect for us. We had a Super King size bed and the mattress was so comfy it ensured every night we had a great nights sleep. The room was very clean and decorated very well. There was also a large sofa (which converted to a bed) and a good size bathroom. We even had a small balcony.Towels and bedding were changed everday, the only minor issue we had was we found the room to be very warm (there was air con in room which we could not get to work but we did not bother asking reception but if we did i am sure they would have been very helpful.) Breakfast was fine with yoghurts, fruits, cereals, pastries and some hot food such as eggs and bacon. Whenever we asked any of the staff help with directions, transport or excursions they were extremly helpful and their English was also very good. The number 8 tram which stops outside the hotel takes you straight to Largo di torre Argentina which is fairly central and from there we walked to Pantheon, Trevi fountain, Spanish Steps and Piazza Navona. We also decided to walk from Largo di Argentina to Vatican City which was very straight forward and took about 20min. From outside the hotel we also took the number 3 bus to right outside the collosseum. We paid 16 Euros each to enter Colloseum and this was entrance fee, audio guide and skipping most of the que. We did eat lunch in Piazza Navona in a restaurant called Dolce Vita and had just a Pizza each and a large bottle of Water. This came to about 30 Euros but it was very very good. In the evenings we stayed in the Trastevere area to eat we never went out to eat before 9pm but there are so many little alleys with restaurants you are spoilt for choice. We had a fantastic starter and Pasta each at a little restaurant that i think was called De Otello and i had a litre of House wine for 8 Euros i would highly reccomend this restaurant Great food, Great atmosphere and Great prices. The restaurants in the Trastevere area seem to be much cheaper than elsewhere. On our last night we went to a Place called la Scala the food was great however that night my boyfriend was violently sick all night and we put it down to the beef as that was the only thing he ate that i did not and i was fine. He was that ill that if it was not for our little boy back home we would have paid to stay an extra night and paid for flights later in the week when he was better. I had never seen him so sick and 2 days later he is still recovering!!!
If you go to St Peters Basillica and climb the dome be aware you have a choice of paying 7Euros and getting a lift then climbing around 321 steps or paying 5Euros and climbing 550. With my boyfriend being such a fitness freak he decided we should climb them all. After about 300 steps it starts to become very very narrow and quite claustrophobic. As you get higher up the dome the walls start to slant to the side so as you are climbing the stairs you are not even upright you are leaning to the right and using the wall as guidance as it is not very well lit. As you get nearer the top because most people who are ahead of you are tired you can end up walking up the stairs at a very slow pace, some people actually realised they did not want to carry on and stopped on the stairs but it is that narrow you can barely get passed. The last bit of the climb is up a very narrow spiral staircase which has a rope down the middle for you to hold on to but once you eventually get there you will see the views are totally worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome