My friend and I stayed at the Trilussa for 5 nights, and were delighted with everything.
When we arrived we found that the staff had upgraded us to a Junior Suite as it was my friend's birthday that day. The room wasn't enormous but perfectly adequate and nicely furnished, the best thing being the incredible memory foam mattresses, sooooo comfortable. Bathroom had very funky shower with a variety of settings which included jets in every direction, and a nice touch was the radio in the shower. Double glazing was very effective, the room was quiet despite overlooking a busy street.
The staff were fantastic, so helpful, nothing was too much trouble, they always had a smile and went out of their way to help.Breakfasts were brilliant, loads of choice - cereals, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, cheeses, ham, vast array of cakes and pastries and a selection of bread and rolls and all sorts of coffees and teas and juices available.
The location of the hotel is great, we particularly wanted to stay near Trastevere and we weren't disappointed. Central Trastevere is easily reached on foot in 15 minutes, or in 5 minutes by bus or tram from the stops outside the hotel, it has a huge charm with its cobbled streets, great cafes, restaurants and shops and of course the beautiful church of Santa Maria de Trastevere.
Our favourite restaurants in the immediate vicinity were La Fate which is only about 600 metres from the hotel and Sale e Pepe which is a little further on. La Fate had a wonderful ambiance, and fantastic food. The chef Andrea runs cookery classes which we did and what a great day it was, we were a group of 8, and learned to cook all sorts of things we had never done before, then all sat down to devour them with a selection of wonderful wines to complement each course, - highly recommended! Sale e Pepe was great too, incredibly friendly, on our 2nd and 3rd visits we were greeted like old friends and shown to what had become 'our' table! Marvellous pasta dishes, yummmmm.
Wouldn't hesitate to stay at Trilussa again, everything is very easily accessible from there with the frequently running buses and trams that stop outside the hotel. A great stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Trilussa Palace Hotel Congress & SPA is an exclusive place for who wants to spend a pleasant holiday in Rome. Thanks to its location is the ideal place for discovering the beauties of the city in comfort. The hotel offers different types of rooms to meet the different needs of its guests: who travels with family, for business, for couples and for friends. After a day of walking or working, guests can finally enjoy a relaxing atmosphere in the exclusive SPA and being pampered by massages, rose petals and hot drinks. The historical centre is easily accessible. The hotel is indeed located in Trastevere area, a few minutes walk from Santa Maria in Trastevere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Expedia, Hotels.com, Lastminute, Booking.com, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Trilussa Palace Congress & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trilussa Palace Congress Hotel Rome
- Trilussa Palace Congress And Spa
- Trilussa Palace Congress Rome
- Trilussa Palace Hotel Rome