“Price quality ratio is good!”
Review of Bellambriana Hotel

Bellambriana Hotel
Ranked #984 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed 6 nights at this hotel. Price quality ratio is OK. Rooms are spacious and clean. Outdoor restaurant next to the pool is good. Food are not too expensive.
Just a bit too far from the city center. However the hotel provides free shuttle service to the nearby metro station.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FHeibges

Reviewed 6 May 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our vacation in Italy, and it was a terrible experience. It was more like a run down, dirty motel you would find in a ghetto somewhere or one of those hotels you can pay for by the hour. Everything from the lobby to the room was gross. Our room was particularly skeevy. There was chewed gum stuck to the headboard that looked like it had been there for god knows how long, the window looked like all of Rome had come in and wiped there hands on it and no one had cleaned it in years, the bathroom sink faucet sprayed water everywhere, the shower sprayed water everywhere, the hair dryer was taped together, the toilet bowl seat was falling off, and the room was like a sauna. To top it off, they have some kind of night club on the first floor (we were one the second) so up until Midnight it sounded like I was trying to fall asleep in the middle of a club. In addition to all of this, I did not feel safe there. The room door did not seem to securely shut and there was no additional lock or peephole even. As a woman, I would not have been comfortable staying there alone. We even kept our "Do Not Disturb" sign up as I did not want to housekeepers around our belongings as it definitely seems like the kind of place you have to worry about them stealing from you.

This hotel is NOT worth any amount of money. DO NOT STAY HERE. From the outside it looks like it might be a decent place, but once you enter it is evident that the outside is clearly a facade.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kory R
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I have only one piece of advice... don't go! My reservation was made by American Express, and I stayed there only because I was visiting Telecom Italia which is just across the street. I arrived around 11:00 PM dead tired and feeling ill. Although the reservation was pre-paid by American Express, I was told that I have no reservation. Then, when I showed the AX itinerary, they said the price was in Euros, not dollars. In any case, they did give me a room and, dead tired, I ascended to the third floor. As the doors of the elevator opened, I was astonished, there was no light in the hall - pitch black! As I groped my way into the corridor expecting a proximity light switch to illuminate my way - no light! Making my way to the service elevator, I was able to get back to the Lobby. They then gave me a room on the fifth floor.

Again, I ascended to my room. This time there was light in the hall and as I opened the door to my room, I was astonished to find a drab environment with two narrow twin beds and no blankets on the beds. I called reception and they did quickly sent the blankets. Next, the wifi don't work. I will say the beds were ok and the room was clean. Finally, I had planned breakfast at 9:00 AM and was disappointed to find nothing but picked over leftovers - apparently they don't refill.

I will give them credit that they did call me a cab to the airport and the gentleman at reception was kind enough to bring me a cup of tea while I waited for my cab. So, they seemed to try to be more accommodating on my departure. I concur that whoever rated this poorly managed and maintained hotel a four star rating must have been bribed. My only advice is to avoid this property as poor service and bad accommodations are no bargain at any price.

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alan_Gottlieb
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Quite good hotel, location not so good. Half an hour from a center, but you take metro and a bus you get thee quite easily.

Rooms are good, despote ants running all around.

But brakfast sucks, as you have to get up early, to get food, they dont refill it, and seems that they save on it. Dark lady goes around if you ask her for refill she says is over. Food is just old - cold eggs, few breads, yougurt and thats it.

Dont eat in a restaurant - we ordered pasta on a first day, it was not cooked.

In general, quite good hotel for a good price, but restaurant realy sucks with dinner and breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 December 2012

While other hotels in Rome at least double expensive, this one is a good option to stay in good room and pay reasonable price. We spend here 2 nights before cruise. Hotel is far from metro station, but only 4-5 km from city center, so taxi is good and not expensive option for these who want to explore the city. Hotel also offers free shuttle bus to metro station, so reffer to itinerary.
Our group has own bus to explore Rome, so this hotel was perfect option for us.
Nearby you can find big supermarket with full selection of food and drinks. Ask at reception for directions.
Restaurant at the entrance offer good selection of italian food, and not overpriced. For 10 Eur you can enjoy big portion of italian dish. All 15 of us was satisfyed with rooms and food.
As on my opinion breakfast is average, but it's Ok for rate we paid. Just continental breakfast without selection.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Location is okay, if you have a car or don`t mind public transportation.
Rooms are okay, but very cold!! Needed two blankets..
No wifi in the rooms, only cable 10 Euros per day.
Really slow service.. only few englishspeaking among staff..
Breakfast very limited selection, and messy.. We had to wait for refill.. seemed like the staff wanted to limit the food, by letting guests wait.. or leave before they refilled..
We only spent one day out by the pool.. ants everywhere.

My son and I stayed at this hotel just because it was less expensive than staying in central Rome, so we didn`t mind taking the bus and subway to the city. Didn`t really expect much.., but still .. just okay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2012 via mobile

Staff speak poor english, no WiFi in the rooms. Only in the reception area. Bus stop is near the Hotel. Check their website for directions. The directions are good. Rooms are OK. Clean and nice. No heating. It was raining so we were wet and cold. But as I said no heating. Had to warm myself under blanket. Restaurant is little bit too expensive so we ordered pizza from outside. No shampoo in the room. Only shower gel. Asked for shampoo but they told to use the gel. There is a small outside swiming pool but it closes at 19:00 and open at 9:00 next morning. If you are looking cheap but deacent hotel near centre of the Rome it's good one to choose as the hotels in the centre are much more expensive. We bought the deal on www.lastminute.com so it's a good deal. This hotel is nothing special but good if you want a nice place to sleep and get out in the morning and come back in the late evening.

• Stayed: September 2012