“Perfect location”

Hosianum Palace Rome
Ranked #552 of 3,710 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed 6 nights at this lovely hotel. We were able to walk to almost every site such as Trevi Fountain, The Colosseum, Pantheon, Roman Forum, Spanish Streps and many more. The staff was very friendly and the rooftop garden is beautiful! The breakfast was a wonderful surprise. It was not your normal small hotel spread. The only complaint I have is the bed. It was Extremely hard and the springs poked through the padding. I can usually sleep anywhere but my back hurt everyday from this one. The rest of the room was nice and looked to be remodeled. I would stay here again if they replace the mattresses.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hosianum Palace Rome

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Rating this hotel very good probably wouldn't be accurate, it is between average and very good. Small rooms, no wifi, and static air conditioning. The staff were friendly, they sort of rushed you through checkin/out. However it is in good position for site seeing, but sightly longer walks to find restaurants and the evening. In comparison to other hotels we stayed in, I guess it is an average choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Where the heck is this a 4 star hotel!!! We were so disappointed that our stay in Rome was hampered by this horrible hotel and room. I was ready to move to another hotel in that instant but when I checked, most of the hotels were already sold out. We truly hated having to come back here after our days out. First of all, we walk in and the lady at the concierge just acted like she couldn't be bothered. She gave us a map and immediately proceeded to mark it up with a green highlighter and wrote bus numbers all over it. Uh, hello, how am I supposed to read the map now!! We proceed to the room - if that's what you want to call it. We went back to map lady to ask if they can upgrade us to another room, she told us we had one of the best rooms - you have got to be kidding, right!! Let me break it down with all the bad things - a) dirty/stained rug and chair (see photo); b) room and bathroom tiny (not even a shelf in the bathroom for toiletries); c) no blackout curtains (how the heck are you supposed to sleep); d) air conditioner right at the bedside; e) room smelled stale and old; f) felt the springs in the mattress; g) heard all the noises outside door (people slamming their doors, having conversations); h) had to repeatedly ask the concierge for extra toilet paper (which didn't come until many hours later); i) TV and air conditioning not working because they forgot to turn them on (REALLY!); j) NO WI-FI, only in the lobby (see picture of sign from the third floor); k) no currency exchange (even though their booklet stated they do); l) breakfast buffet disgusting (again dirty/stained chairs, fruit from can in the syrup - and I know this because my parents used to buy all the Del Monte fruit cocktail and peaches from the supermarket); m) items in the mini-fridge had sticky substance all over it. The only reason I give it two stars is because they do have a really nice rooftop bar/terrace and Anessa (hope I got her name right) was a very lovely lady. She was the ONLY bright star of this hotel. She was very friendly, always nice, made great drinks and always supplied us with snacks that she made fresh by hand and the location of the hotel was ideal. Close to Piazza Navona, Piazza Farnese, Via Vittorio Emmanelle, Via Corso, the Parthenon (among many others). But even with that, we will NEVER EVER stay here again!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just back from a week in Rome at this hotel. It was a perfect location in a quiet street of the main thoroughfares. Easy stroll to all Pantheon, Coliseum, Forum, Trevi Fountain, Piazza. Navonne etc.
CocktaIls on the roof terrace in the evenings and ask to take your breakfast there in the mornings. Friendly staff and good choice of local restaurants locally

Room Tip: Quiet location away from the traffic
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Good points: nice location between Piazza Venezia and Campo dei Fiori, very close to the ghetto, convenient for transportation with most tourist sites walkable, but in a quiet essentially traffic-free side street. Pleasant room decoration. Front desk is helpful. Good shower pressure, though the floors are slippery enough to be dangerous. However, there are bad points. Wifi works in the hotel lobby, not in your room, and not even in all other public spaces, such as near the lift on your floor, where it is meant to. And to get it at all, you need to use some personal information, for example, your Facebook login or your email address. One night it wasn’t working at all anywhere in the hotel. Rain was blamed. My bed was hard (some people prefer that), and the pillow was not filled with feathers, but with polyester and/or polyurethane. I doubt that anyone prefers that. It’s not conducive to a good night’s sleep. My little desk had barely enough room for a desk light and the TV, so it needed a bit of juggling to get my laptop on as well. The TV reception was poor or nonexistent for most channels.
Breakfast was the usual buffet, OK, but the coffee was not good. Ask for cappuccino or espresso, which are both fine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Brian_de_Kilburn
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have just returned from a week's visit to Rome . We stayed at Hosianum Palace in via dei Polacchi . The hotel is very centrally situated (Campi d'Olio area) , hotel staff very friendly and helpful, especially Front Office personnel , room was scrupulously clean - bathroom SPOTLESS - had LCD TV , Frigobar & a queen-sized bed, breakfast was very generous (Buffet type) . I think it couldn't be better - we have made the right choice definitely . Rooms are spread over 4 floors and there is a very nice & tidy terrace on the 5th floor where I gathered that breakfast is served there in the warmer months . I certainly recommend this gem ! My wife & I would like to thank the management & staff for making our tenth stay in Rome a memorable one :-0) See you all soon I hope. Regards Rita & Ronald DeGiorgio from Malta

Room Tip: I suggest you book in advance as the hotel is a medium size one and is quite popular with visitors...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ronald986
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Very Good Hotel very close to Capitolio , very clean and excellent service . The staff was professional and kind. The reason I dont give excellence rating was the fact that can hear the shower of the next room

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh