Novotel Roma Eur
US$207
US$954
US$468
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbusiness hotelsleeping qualitynice hotelrome fiumicino airportmetro stationbusiness districtfamily holidaycomfortable staysmall terracerooms are comfortableone night stayreception staff areroom keythe room was nicepublic transportmin walkcity tax
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The last stop in our fourteen-day trip around Europe was Rome, and we stayed at the OP Hotel overnight. The hotel looked interesting from the start - the decor in the lobby was amazing for one thing. Of course, ambience does not always matter.

We had dinner in the hotel (if I do recall correctly), but I skipped halfway due to the big platter and possibly some difficulty eating the dish. The dessert was nice, though. After dinner, we went up to our rooms.

For one, the rooms were very modern and new. The toilets were unbelievably clean, and bath salts were provided as well. It was very cosy and was suitable for the two of us - mother and son.

I opted to use Wi-Fi, which I believe was either a small sum to pay or free, but we had trouble accessing it. OP Hotel staff let us use the reception computers, which was a first, to help in getting my wi-fi ready. That service was pretty good, and even though there was a bit of a language barrier, all turned out well.

All in all, OP Hotel is a pretty nice place to stay in if you're on a tour or just looking for a hotel. I'm unsure about the location (it was about a 20-min bus ride from Vatican) and I heard there was some supermarket nearby. I wouldn't mind staying here again on a future tour.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I've been here for a one night business travel.
The hotel is new and in a very good position if you have an appointment in any office around EUR.
Even if the hote il brand new (I think opened just few months ago) there are some paint problems in the room I was staying in.
The bathroom is nice but the details are weird:
salts bath in a bathroom with a shower, what for? :-)

The restaurant is very good, an excellent choice of plates, pretty unusual for a hotel restaurant; and they are very well cooked as well. I'd suggest the tiramisù with Nutella drops in it as dessert: delicious!

Be aware that if you're in the unlukly situation where there is a group of tourist staying at the same hotel you may find out that the breakfast is finished before you can even have the chance to enter the bar ... I'd suggest the hotel to better manage big tourist group reserving them a dedicated breakfast room or the other guests may be QUITE upset!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LucaDea
Reviewed 14 December 2011

This hotel is really good of you news to accomodate in the Rome's business area and it is just besides Microsoft Rome's offices: if you're a Mieosoft partner, customer or employee this should be your first choice. Hotel is pretty new and it is really modern with gentle colours and silence in case you need some relax after the business rush. Rooms are well cleaned, HD TVs available in all rooms with very comfortable beds.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Hotel is not bad located if you're on business near EUR- about 15 min walk. Rooms are crisp, clean with good showers. main complaint would be that bar is not great ... Little atmosphere, even for a hotel bar, and shuts early at 11pm. They did shut it on my 2nd night as they are extending, so hopefully it will get better.
There is a mall 10 min walk away and a couple of decent restaurants ( try Manali in nearby suburb - very good).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My husband and I stayed here the first night of our Italy vacation. It was beautiful! We were greeted by friendly staff. The rooms were spacious, clean and beautiful. The only thing they could have improved was having a bartender behind the bar. All we wanted to start off our vacation was a "to our vacation" cocktail. There was no bartender in sight. After waiting about 45 mins one showed up, only to disappear again. That's not really important, but would have been nice! All in all the hotel was great!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple