“Great choice”
Review of Hotel Pichierri

Hotel Pichierri
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Hotel Pichierri
Ranked #982 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We state in Rome for 5 night, it was a pleasure. The hotel staff was very nice and helped us. The first night we state in a small room, but after they moved us in a larger one. The rooms are clean, have new furniture, refrigerator, hair dryer and free WiFi access. Every day they clean the room. The breakfast is continental type: just croissants, coffee, milk, tea and some cakes. The location is very good: it is 10 minutes walk to Pizza Republica metro station and 15-20 minutes to Termini. You will find touristic maps at the hotel reception. In conclusion I recommend it to those who aren't concerned about luxury hotels and just want to visit the city and to stay at a decent hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Pichierri

Reviewed 20 March 2010

We arrived at the hotel at noon and our fisrt night while we were sleeping from a long travel from Las Vegas, USA , someone violated our privacy--someone went inside our room and stole our money and a lot of our stuff. Thank God my daughter woke up and prevented the guy from stealing more valuable items. I will never ever recommend that hotel though 2 staffs in front desk were very nice and helful.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank carlabebilasvegas
Reviewed 2 June 2008

I would definitely not recommend staying at this establishment. The air conditioning did not work it our first room. We were moved, after we had been there for 3 nights to another room on another floor without our permission. This room was not adequate. None of the amenities that were list on hotel.com were there such as TV, fridge, or air conditioning. The continental breakfast was a joke, as well--dry bread and a yogurt. Our possessions were all unpacked and moved so when we got back to our room everything was gone! We were moved again the next day to another hotel down the road. Our bags had been opened. Not sure what someone was looking for.

At the end of the day you would like some peace of mind thinking your luggage would be where you left it and the hotel you were staying at is the same one.

It was an awful experience!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank HappyHolidayer07
Reviewed 9 February 2008

My boyfriend and I booked a 4 night stay and opted for this hotel mainly for its location and good price. It was by no means the greatest hotel we've stayed in but for £190 each including flights for 4 nights, we wouldnt have expected more and we had a great stay.

The room was clean - but quite dated. Great shower and clean bathroom. The only problem really was the air con which in our room didn't seem to function properly at all. We were advised on arrival by reception not to alter the settings on the remote control in our room but we did anyway and it improved things a bit - but in July it's pretty hot so was a little uncomfortable at night! It may have been better in other rooms though and i guess it would be fine if it wasn't the height of Summer!

Location wise it was fantastic - walking distance from nearly everything and close to metro! Would recommend it to those who aren't concerned about luxury and just want a budget hotel as a base to explore the city.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2008

My wife and I booked this hotel for our final stop in Italy. We were looking for something nice, but not extravagent. We booked through another web site that showed pictures of a clean, modern looking room.

The first thing that you should know is that this is not a hotel in the traditional sense. It is an old office building and the "hotel" occupies a few floors. There is an elevator that brings you up to the floor with the lobby that worked maybe once for us in 4 days. Be prepared to use the stairs and heft your luggage.

When we first walked in to our room, what we actually found was an old, dirty room, that was not well maintained. There was a dirty beadspread, marks on the walls, stain on the carpet, light fixtures hanging from the wall, wires hanging from the ceiling, and air conditioning that did not work. The only thing that was true to the pictures we saw were the newer bathroom faucet and toilet. After complaining to the management, they offered us a different, bigger room, but in similiar condition.

I complained again to the manager and was told that this is the level that we should expect in Rome. I told him that the level of the ammenities have nothing to do with the cleanliness and upkeep of the room. His only defense was that they were given thier rating by the web site and were fully inspected by thier representative.

We would have immediately left and gone to another hotel, except we would have been out hundereds of dollars because of the cancellation policy, so we decided to tough it out.

The next wonderful (sarcasm) part of this beautiful (more sarcasm) hotel was the bathroom. As I mentioned, there were some newer fixtures, such as the sink faucet and toilet. That's about it for the positives. There was mold in the shower. The water was cold 90% of the time and scalding hot the other 10%. Water leaked onto the floor from the shower. The towels though were the worst part for me personally. The smelled like they had been soaked in Curry. I immediately requested fresh, clean towels and got towels that smelled just as strong as the first. I don't know why, posibbly laundry was done in the same place as cooking?

My final complaint is that the window shades/blinds in our room were broken and would not lock. This left us with a very insecure feeling about security in the room. Although we were on a high floor, the small balconies were connected and it would have been possible, although unlikely for someone to break into our room.

The only possible positive thing that I can say is that the staff seemed overall pleasant, although I definately didn't feel my complaints were addressed properly.

Bottom line: Would I stay here again? Heck no! Would I recommend this place to anyone? Only my enemies!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Heresthetruth
Reviewed 1 October 2007

we booked four rooms in this hotel three were on the 6th floor and were adequate but the fourth was on the third floor and was sub standard we complained and were given a room on the 5th floor this was adequate. The hotel staff were helpfull howerver do not book a taxi back to the airport with them as it is more expensive and the driving was very scary breakfast was not worth paying for and the room where you eat it is like a transport cafe

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank lyd7
Reviewed 25 May 2007

We booked a three night stay via Lastminute.com.

The hotel bears no resemblance to the that depicted on the website. The room was clean but very basic. On arrival my DIY skills were tested when I had to afix the toilet seat to the pan. The air conditioning is none existant and considering the temperature reading in the centre rose to 43 in mid afternoon air con is essential.

The breakfast was described as continental. You had the choice of an inedible prepacked croissant in celophane , bread (not fresh) for toast and a yogurt. Hardly continental. I have eaten better and in cleaner conditions at work !!

The reception to this hotel is on the third floor with accomodation on the floors above (we were 5th) all you need is a temperamental lift that rarely worked.

I would heartly recommend Rome , a wonderful City , but do yourselves a favour and don't consider the Hotel Pichierri

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple