“Holten Golden perfecto!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Golden
Ranked #18 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We had a wonderful 3 nights at the Hotel GOlden. Guiseppe & family treated us as if we were family. They gave us wonderful family owned restaurant suggestions which is exactly what we wanted, they helped us book wonderful tours, the entire experience was perfect. We will be back and highly recomend them.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in mid-May in Rome and selected the Hotel Golden for our 3 night stay. We were most impressed by the family who manages the hotel! They were super kind and since it was our first stay, they provided us with a map of Rome and the best routes to travel so we could see everything we needed. They also provided us with a few restaurant recommendations-We only took one of them, but it was indeed delicious! Breakfast was yummy-Certainly enough food but the breakfast room was a bit crowded. The room itself was very spacious (we selected the superior room)--Very comfortable! The bathroom was nice and big too! In terms of location, Hotel Golden was exactly where we needed to be. We didn't want to stay right in the middle of the city because of noise, but we were close enough to be able to walk to everything. We would definitely go back and stay with them again! The nicest family we met on our honeymoon!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

Hotel Golden was a fantastic hotel for us - very good value for money and a convenient location for visiting the Galleria Borghese. Good access to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. Best of all, it was clean and very good value for money. THe family was so nice to us and gave us really good recommendations for food etc. The airport transfer is good value!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Golden for 2 nights. The room was large and very clean. The decor was charming and the family that owns this hotel is very attentive. Not only is this hotel in a great location, but we felt very safe in this area as well as in the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

We stayed here as a family for 3 nights in June. Giuseppe and Marco gave us very good tips about what to do during our stay and especially where to eat! The hotel was clean and our family room was ample space even with a teenager. What impressed us most was how welcoming and friendly the family were. We would stay again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Harriet H
Reviewed 8 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Golden for 6 nights in May, and I returned alone after some solo traveling at the beginning of June, for 2 nights. This is a remarkable place, run by the nicest family I met on my travels. Every time I walked in the door, I was welcomed warmly, and after my solo travels for 2 weeks, I was greeted with "welcome home," and that is exactly how it felt. The breakfast was delicious every morning, and most importantly, the room was quiet every night; which was not my experience in other cities. I received excellent directions and suggestions of sites I might not have visited otherwise. I hope to stay here again. What a delightful experience - my favorite place to stay in 5 weeks of travel!

Room Tip: We started with a double room, I moved to a single room when I started my travels, and after returni...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank greenheather3
Reviewed 6 June 2012

My wife, myself and a friend stayed here in late May. We had booked on line and had a double and a single room. Both rooms were very good, welll appointed. clean and comfortable..

The general feel of this small, family run hotel is warm and friendly. We were given good advice about our stay and they recommended restaurants that were close to the hotel, these lived up to expectations and saved us time and trouble finding somewhere on a "pot luck" basis (especially valuable when arriving in a new City after tiring travel).

The only slight qualification is that the beakfast area is rather cramped, but this didn't detract and is a minor detail.

Overall an excellent stay in a small, well run, friendly hotel which is conveniently located. To be highly recommended.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends