Hotel Golden
US$512
US$467
Hotels.com
2,931 results
All reviewsloria familyvia venetofamily run hotelmamma teresavilla borghesefamily suitespanish stepswalking routeshome away from homeevery morningtrip to romerecommend hotelborghese gallerytrevi fountainwithin walking distancesmall hotelfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Hotel Golden is really good value for money. It's my second trip to Rome and I paid three times less than what I paid on my previous trip. The room is clean, the service is excellent and breakfast is decent. The two brothers are also very helpful when it comes to giving advice on where to eat, how to get to places and what to visit. I will be back to Hotel Golden next time I visit Rome.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights by myself and another 5 nights with my family. I have never been made to feel so welcome or been so well taken care of in Rome. This is a great hotel--family-run, family-friendly, good sized rooms, great air conditioning, nice showers, outstanding breakfast and a good location. I will definitely be staying here again and would recommend it to individual travelers or families, whether for a day or a week or longer.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4 different rooms and all were good.
1  Thank Kristian H
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Just finishing a four night stay, 2 teenagers 18 and 16, four people total. Not an easy task to find a large almost king bed and 2 single beds in a major city and not pay a fortune. But we did here. Great air conditioning, really cold even as temps are 93F during the day. The 2 singles are high end sofa chairs that pull out into single beds. They have flexible wooden slats that support the mattress instead of wire springs. Very comfortable as compared to an American style pull out couch. You can read about all the other good stuff in the other posts. I searched hard for the family room. They also have larger rooms at higher prices, but the 3 beded room fit into our budget!

1  Thank TokyTravel
Reviewed 26 June 2012

From the time I made my booking by email Marco and his family made my stay at their hotel a pleasure.My room was clean and comfortable and had lots of storage the air con was much appreciated as Rome was very hot during my stay i also made use of the well stocked mini bar for cold drinks. Everyone is helpful and looked after my bookings for tours and also shared information about the area where to eat etc. Breakfast was plentiful and I enjoyed Moms omeletes.the location is perfect easy walk to Metro and bus and just across from Borghese park. I would certainly reccomend this hotel to all travellers very reasonably priced this is a small hotel but one of the best.When visiting Rome this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bowdy2
Reviewed 25 June 2012

What can I add about Hotel Golden that isn't covered by all the great reviews? Clean, comfortable rooms, a safe quiet neighborhood not far from the city center, delicious breakfast, but most of all a friendly family run business that makes all the difference to first time visitors to Rome like ourselves. The entire Loria family and especially Giuseppe were so welcoming and helpful, offering advice and recommendations for restaurants and activities. It was very helpful to my wife and I, especially traveling with an 8 and 9 yr old. One morning we had a problem coordinating a time for a Vatican tour we were taking (turned out to be all our fault). Giuseppe got right on the phone and contacted the tour company for us, explained the problem (in Italian), and before you know it, it was all straightened out. You can't put a price on service like that. We will definitely return to Hotel Golden on our next trip to Rome.