Hotel Golden
Rome 103(Rome)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
2,928 results
All reviewsloria familyvia venetofamily run hotelmamma teresavilla borghesefamily suitespanish stepswalking routeshome away from homeevery morningtrip to romerecommend hotelborghese gallerytrevi fountainwithin walking distancesmall hotelfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This was our first visit to Rome, and we found this hotel on Trip Advisor. This family-run hotel is a wonderful hidden gem. It is located near the US Embassy and is 2 blocks away from taxi stands and the Villa Borghese. The owners gave us great advise on how to navigate the city, and great locations where to eat and visit. The best part of the hotel is the staff: it is truly a family-run operation. The brothers and father run the front desk at all hours, while the mother and sister cook a wonderful and filling breakfast in the morning. We could not ask for more.

The staff is truly multi-lingual, and genuine in their demeanor. My mother, daughter and I were truly impressed with the service. We truly felt at home in this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Even my wife, who ALWAYS asks for the Hilton, was pleased with the Hotel Golden. It is a clean, quiet, well-run hotel with maybe a dozen rooms. (I'm guessing on that number, but as I never saw more than one other guest at the front desk, I think I'm close on that.) As a result, you feel like a real "guest" in a family's house, which I think it is. As in most parts of the world outside the USA, the floors are tile rather than carpeted, but that's OK. The bed was firm but comfortable.The neighborhood is safe, with 2 great Italian restaurants within 100 yards. The hotel is practically across the street from the Villa Borghese (sort of the "Golden Gate Park" of Rome.)

What everyone else has said is true - this is a family-run hotel and they take care of you. One of the sons actually lent me 20 Euros as he had called a cab for me before I realized I needed to go to an ATM first!

When we return to Rome - and it is said that one always returns to Rome - we will again stay at the Hotel Golden.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2012

My family of 5 Stayed here in July 2012, what a warm and friendly family that run the hotel. The family room had two bedrooms and was very spacious. The breakfasts were great and overall service was fantastic!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rossco1970
Reviewed 13 July 2012

My husband and I just returned from Italy and while in Rome stayed 2 nights at Hotel Golden. It is a family run hotel in what felt to be a safe neighborhood within walking distance of several popular sight seeing spots. The family went above and beyond to help with any of our requests, ranging from help with directions, making dinner reservations, and arranging a private car to the airport. They were extremely patient and helpful with my numerous questions!! The breakfast was very nice as well. One huge plus for us was the excellent WiFi that was available that made connecting with our children back home easy and also the good air conditioning; a rarity we found in our travels! We booked the double room and although a tad cramped with our amount of luggage it was very comfortable and kept extremely clean and tidy. We will definitely book again on our next trip to Rome!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jodyedsnyder
Reviewed 12 July 2012

This is a family run hotel that makes you feel like family. They take care of you from the moment you arrive. It's also very handy to the tourist area. We walked to all the main attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple