“Great place to stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Golden
Ranked #18 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I stayed in Hotel Golden with my sister last week for 4 nights. We had great time in Rome and got a lot of useful tips from the staff. They do treat you well. The hotel price included a good buffet breakfast and wifi access. We were also lucky to get our room upon arrival, which made our day. Weather in Rome was much warmer than back home, so it was nice to be able to change before hitting the city. We had a good size room next to the reception with some, but surprisingly little, noise from the reception or breakfast room. We found the outside scaffolding extra helpful when getting back to hotel. It was easy to spot.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aneelanna
There are newer reviews for Hotel Golden

Reviewed 25 April 2013

I stayed at Hotel Golden during a business trip as I sometimes am tired of the atmosphere in "chain" hotels. Upon arrival (early monring) my room was quickly prepared while I had a tea in the breakfast room, got internet access and could work.
The room was not so big but had everything I need and was nice and clean. Due to the very useful recommendations given I used the cheap electro bus to have a comfortable trip down town. In the afternoon I used the park across the street to lay in the gras a read a book and then went to one of the recommended smaller restaurants with authentic food for small price. So location is very convenient. It is a family hotel and you can feel it. Breakfast is good and fresh prepared in a broad variety. Very good value for the money. This is the hotel I will get back to with my family to introduce Rom to them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dagmar K
Reviewed 25 April 2013

As a solo woman traveler, the Hotel Golden fit my requirements perfectly. The staff (all one family) was warm and always helpful. The room was always clean and quiet and breakfast was excellent. Bus access after a long day was very easy. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.
From Portland, Oregon

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jmbkjeldsen
Reviewed 21 April 2013

My wife and I stayed twice at Hotel Golden during our travels this Spring. As we arrived at the hotel, we were first surprised that the exterior was covered with scaffolding as the exterior of the building was undergoing restoration. The interior was quite nice by contrast. The hotel is small but recently remodeled. The rooms are clean and comfortable with tasteful decor. Some of the large shuttered windows look out on the street but ours had a spectacular view of the Aurelean wall inset with a very large Roman bust that gazed across to us.The hotel is family owned and run. In particular I must mention the brothers, Guiseppe and Marco, who are very nice and were very helpful with directions for transportation and recommending several great and relatively, inexpensive restaurants in the neighborhood. The hotel is across the street from the Villa Borghese. where there is opportunity to stroll the large beautiful park and museums. This is a good location for joggers. It is an easy walk to the Spanish Steps. Wifi was sketchy in one room and OK in the other.

1  Thank Steven G
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I chose this hotel because of location (we wanted to be near friends staying at a different hotel) and price. We usually choose 'chain' hotels when travelling and were extremely happy with Hotel Golden. The room was not huge, but clean and comfortable, the location convenient (just steps from the taxi stand), and the Loria family made us feel as welcome as family. The complimentary breakfasts were freshly made and delicious. They helped me obtain advance admission tickets for the Colosseum and even accommodated us when we arrived before check-in time as I had warned them that we may be arriving earlier than planned. We also appreciated having an air conditioned room and free wireless for internet. Most larger hotels we encountered on this trip did not offer either.

Room Tip: Ours was considered an upgraded room. We had twin beds pushed together - not sure how other rooms w...
1  Thank lisa042013
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Both my wife and I thought this was a lovely little hotel that met all are requirements. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the location is excellent. They showed me how to easily access all the main sights in Rome from the hotel by foot. The room was quiet and the beds were comfy.Rome is an expensive city but I found this hotel very good value for money and would be happy to recommend it.

1  Thank PETE095
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I selected this hotel for our first trip to Rome based on reviews from TripAdvisor members like you. I've had good success in the past with all the recommendations. I based my selection on the availability of a top rated hotel to accomodate our family comfortably. It was a family trip with our two young daughters (9 & 11) so the family suite was perfect, a large two bedroom suite with a nice living room. The high ceilings make the rooms even larger. There is a mini refrig with drinks and snacks in each bedroom. Super clean and the bathroom is large with lots of water pressure and some cool colored halogen lighting which my girls loved. I'll not repeat the stuff that's already been mentioned, such as the great breakfasts and personalized services and help from the Loria family. We enjoyed meeting and talking with the other guests at breakfast. The location is really great and you can make it much easier if you learn to use the bus routes in conjuction with the metro, esp routes 116 (the small electric bus) and 61 which can get you up the hill from Barbarini metro stop in a few min. For those of you who bank with Bank of America in the US, there is a BNL d'Italia bank / ATM right across from the American Embassy on Via Veneto a couple of blocks away. It's a quiet location at night and the elevator is helpful for getting your luggage upstairs. There was some renovation noise (to be expected in a cool building that is 150 yrs old) that began slowly and got louder starting at 8 am. Guissepe and Marco suggested some really nice closeby restaurants and helped with our daily tour route planning. The price of the hotel is quite reasonable, we would be sure to stay here again on another trip. It really is like staying with family and friends.

Room Tip: get one of the family suites for more room
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family