“Roma!”
Review of Hotel Golden

Hotel Golden
Ranked #18 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our family of 4 (two older children) stayed in the quad room at Hotel Golden and totally enjoyed ourselves. The beds were comfortable, air conditioning worked great, and the location is really ideal (Via Vendeto 2 blocks away). We especially liked the wonderful breakfasts each morning. They treat you like family and make you feel comfortable right away. It was our first time visiting Roma and will stay again at Hotel Golden if we ever get a chance to return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 4rabbits
Write a ReviewReviews (2,829)

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently back from a five night stay at Hotel Golden. Have stayed in many hotels throughout Europe the past 5 years and I have never experienced the level of personalized service and genuine warmth that we received from this family run hotel.

Rome was our last stop on a month long journey through Italy with my 81 year old father. Unfortunately, he had injured his knee a day before our arrival which severely limited his mobility. We were both depressed as Rome was to be the big finish to our trip.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Guiseppe. I told him about our situation and he assured me not to worry as we are "home" now. He told me all about the area and how to get to some of the major tourist sights. He marked this in great detail on the included map. We were introduced to other family members including his kind father Mario and his mother, Teresa, who would be preparing a home cooked breakfast each morning. The room was cozy and clean with little details that inspired further confidence like a small bowl of hard candies and drawer knobs that had little floral designs on them. TV was a little odd to turn on but given instructions cleared that up and it worked fine with a handful of English language options.

The next morning Guiseppe asked me how my father was doing. I told him he was still pretty immobile and that I might look into renting a wheelchair or something. As I was coming back from breakfast Guiseppe and his brother, Marco, had found a place close by where we could rent a chair. They had all the details, prices, how to get there, what to expect. Never even asked, they took the initiative to help out.

We had lots of special requests during our stay and always got thoughtful answers. Directions on moving about with the wheelchair, calling cabs for us, how to order carryout from nearby restaurants, various recommendations. Saw this personalized service with other guests as well. A note on the wheelchair: Rome is not set up well for this kind of travel, however, it did allow us to get out. The hotel is also not large enough for wheelchair access but my father was able to hobble down to the front door.

A special mention must be made of breakfast. We had some threadbare breakfast spreads at other hotels in Italy during our travels. This one is as advertised. Homemade, varied, fresh and served with a smile by Teresa and Alina. Omlette slices, all manner of sweets, Italian rice balls and the usual were all well represented.

The hotel location is good, located on a quiet street near the action of Via Veneto. Public transport options such as a metro station and electric bus #116 are also close. Watch out for the cabs as the rates double in the early evening. I suggest San Marco restaurant nearby for tasty pizza and pasta in a modern high energy atmosphere. Hotel Golden, really nice people and a really nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This hotel is located a few meters form Via Veneto, close to US Embassy and in an elegant area.
It is a two-story "Palazzo". There isn't a big Reception or a big breakfast lounge neither facilities, but rooms are very comfortable, clean, quiet and full of amenities. Breakfast is big, varied and tasty: fruits, espresso, capuchino, bakery, pastries, cheeses, omelettes, cereals, cold cuts, yogurt, juices, jams, etc.
On the second floor there are 3 adjoining rooms with infividual bathrooms each very suitable for a large family or a group of friends. In the hotel surroundings there are all kinds of restaurants which are high quality. My favourite is Sardegna, but you can choose any.
Golden Rome is a family business. Everybody who works there are very helpful when it comes to eating well, shopping, sightseeing, and so on. They are very cozy and friendly, I will always remember Giuseppe and Alina.

Room Tip: Any is OK. If you like big rooms those are on the second floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I loved this hotel. The location was great - close to walking so many places. Great food options and the owners helped me find places to eat, get transportation to the airport and take care of a travel issue I was having. My room was clean. The Wi-fi was great. The breakfast in the morning was so delicious. I love that it is located right by the Borgese Gardens, a lovely place to walk.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Kara S
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I travel solo and stayed in Hotel Golden for 20 nights and am very happy to have done so. It is a family run hotel and everybody will go out of their way to assist you. Special thanks to Giuseppe and Carlo at the front desk who are most helpful and assisted me many times with great pleasure. The room was small but clean and well decorated. The breakfast was excellent and well kept up. Overall a great experience that I will repeat should the occasion arise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank John H
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I agree with everything other very satisfied reviewers have said about great location, value for money, lovely breakfasts and tastefully decorated, very clean rooms. But I'd like to particularly mention the wonderful service provided by this family-run hotel. It's like having your own family looking after you in Rome! I was in a group of five friends staying here to celebrate our 'golden' fiftieth birthdays, and we couldn't have made a better choice, or been better looked after. We contacted the hotel in advance of our trip with our outline plans, and they gave us great advice as well as booking transfers, restaurants, guides and tours. And they are so friendly!! I'm looking forward to my next visit already!

Room Tip: Check the hotel website, where details of each room are available.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ann57789
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were very happy we chose hotel Golden. The owners were very nice people, and very helpfull. The hotel is in a quiet neighbourhood, but on walking distance from everything we wantend to visit. The rooms are nice and clean and the beds excellent. Breakfast was also great. A lot of nice little restaurants in the neighbourhood. Next time we will be back and bring our doughters. There are also nice big familyrooms in the hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014