See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 November 2008

After weeks of searching for a decent clean & reasonably priced hotel, i came across Angel Hotel. Paid around 80GBP per night, which was quite cheap by Rome standards. The hotel is in an excellent location, less than a 10min stroll to Spanish Steps & Trevi fountain areas & 10 mins to Vatican in opposite direction.
The hotel is close to Piazza Cavour which is serviced by lots of buses which take you to all the major tourist sites & to Termini Station.

The room itself looked newly decorated & was clean & comfortable. Toilet was also clean. Our room was on the 4th floor which was reached by a tiny old-fashioned elevator. Reception area is separate from the hotel entrance & the staff were very helpful with any questions we had regarding buses, directions etc.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Very good location. Close to everything. Staff very friendly and helpful. Room small but clean. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2008

We stayed here at the start of September and the room was incredibly warm on the first night and the air con did not make much of an impact. Because the room was so small I did feel very claustrophobic on the first night of our stay. However by the second day the air con seemed to have kicked in a bit and I was much more comfortable.
This is a basic hotel and the price reflects that. We paid under 120 euros for 2 nights, any more and I probably would have felt cheated. But as it was I really don't think there was anything major to get upset about.
Location wise it was fantastic, and the street itself is very quiet. We found the man at the desk to be pleasant and welcoming and more than happy to share his knowledge of the area.
It would not go down as anywhere close to my favourite hotels but it was also far from my worst experience. To sum it up, you get what you pay for and it wasn't really that bad at all.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonnaMFriendly
Reviewed 28 September 2008

This hotel was terrible! Not only did our toilet never flush but they
made no attempt to fix it. They actually asked us to use the toilet in the lobby which was two floors down! Then, in the middle of my shower, the water turned off completely 4 times! When it did return, the water was cold. Last (but not least), we never received our wake up call.

The worst part of all of this was when I approached the front desk. I explained the issues and politely asked that some of my money be reimbursed. Not only did they refuse to provide me with restitution but they offered no apologies either. To add insult to injury, the man at the desk informed me that although the water did turn off multiple times, I did in fact have a shower. He also claimed that he was never told about our wake up call. Yet on the desk, I pointed to a piece of paper were the instructions had been written by the night manager. The
piece of paper remained in the same place and it clearly listed our room number and wake up time. When I pointed it out to him, he then stated it was a system error.

I was shocked at these responses. To have so many issues and not even receive an apology speak volumes as to this hotel's mentality toward their guests. It's one thing to have issues but quite another to be treated with little or no respect.

Do not stay at this hotel !!!!! Save your money and go somewhere else. Rome is a large city with plenty of options. Spend 10 Euro's more - it will save you much more in the long run!

• Stayed: September 2008
1  Thank anonymous2000
Reviewed 22 July 2008

The basics: I paid a substantially-reduced, last-minute non-refundable rate of €65 a night for two nights. If it hadn't been for an unfortunate incident in which €50 was stolen from our hotel room, I would say it was worth it for that rate...BUT if I had paid their normal rates (which effectively I did if you include the stolen cash) you can definitely do better.

The room: We were on the 4th floor in one of the small, standard rooms (which is still reasonably large by European standards) with a stand-up shower (water pressure was fine, but shower did "leak" due to poor design of its doors leaving floor all wet). It was fine, just a little rundown (bedspread stained, small fist-sized (?) hole in the wall along with lots of scuff marks. Not a problem for me and my 18-year-old sister who are traveling on a budget but wouldn't exactly inspire romance or impress anyone if that's what you're going for.

Bed itself was comfortable enough, but the bedding was of the very thin, two-star hotel variety so I'm thinking on a cold winter night one might freeze. Air conditioning was fine. There are packets of all-in-one soap/shampoo. We were facing the courtyard and noise wasn't a problem at all... only noise we ever heard was fellow travelers in the hallway.

Other stuff: The location is pretty good. It takes less than 20 minutes walk to the Vatican, Piazza Navona, Spanish Steps etc and the area itself was nice enough, well-lit and safe. No internet at the hotel but there's an internet cafe a 5-minute walk away that the staff will point you to. Didn't think it was difficult to find at all...once you reach the adjoining piazza there are yellow signs everywhere pointing the way to the hotel.

Regarding the petty theft: There is no in-room safe (though honestly I wouldn't have used it even if there was because I've never worried about money being stolen from my room before). I reported it when I checked out and the girl at the front desk was pleasant enough but seemed a little confused as to why I was telling her, which was so the hotel would know there was a problem, not because I expected them to do anything for me. At any rate I'm sure nothing at all was done. Moral of the story: Take your cash with you if you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends