See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I spent a week at this lovely and personable hotel. My first impression was my experience with the woman at the front desk. She understood I was traveling alone therefore took special care to explain the layout of the city and points of interest....even where I should use public bathrooms. I was delighted to see how clean the room was and how comfortable the bed was. The location of the hotel was perfect. Overall, between the friendliness of the staff and quality of the hotel, Im shocked that I paid sucha a reasonable price per night. I will definitely go back to the Angel Hotel again. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I choose angel hotel rather other hotels nearby because of the prices. Located near the Vatican City, is not far away from the rest of the attractions. There’s no breakfast room and lack of common places. The tiny reception is placed on the street and rooms are located in the first floor. This might be negative, but in the other hand, we discover that staff and location is everything for this cosy hotel. Lots of restaurants and bars in the area (so breakfast and dinner is granted!).
Last but not least, beware of taxi drivers!. While at the hotel, taximeter was 15 euro (from termini to the hotel). When I give him a 50 euro banknote, he give me back 10 euro telling me that “taximeter was 15”. When I told him that I just give him 50 euro bill he deny and pretend to not understand English. After a couple of minutes of discussion, I decide to call the police and after that the problem was solve. Overall our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

"Angel Hotel is a small hotel near the Castel Sant Angelo, and a few steps from the Vatican city. We booked a triple room with three separate beds in a room quite spacious. Attention has been phenomenal. Young people at reception desk. We were worried about some negative reviews but at the end we decide to try.The only problem is that breakfast is not included, but there's a bar infront of the hotel. This hotel meets the needs of a group of young men like us going arround europe and we will stay again. Regards"

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2009

We book this hotel because one friend of me stay in Angel Hotel two years ago. The hotel was easy to find, just a few meters from Piazza Cavour, near the Vatican City. Our room was located at the forth floor, at the end of the aile, number 410.
The room was nice and clean. For a two stars hotel you get the basis: one bed, one bathroom with shower, fresh towels every day, tv and thats it. Extremely helpful staf. We lost our luggage at Ciampino Airport so we tell our problem and the man at the reception, the one with glases, make a copy of our receipt and call the airport. At the end of the evening, the bag was waiting for us at reception. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We booked this hotel for one night because it was cheap and we are lowly budget travellers. On arriving we found everything to be good, was very efficient. Only thing we thought was a bit strange was that the man at front desk wanted to keep our passports back and said to collect them on our way out. Now having read the review previous to this I memorized exactly where my stuff was on the bed to see if anyone had gone through it when i got back. Of course when we left we had to go and collect our passports and the front desk asked if we wanted to leave our key with him which we refused. We were gone about 2 and a half hours. On return my boyfriend was actually the first to notice that everything was not right and i hadn't told him any of the other reports about this hotel. I then noticed that my stuff had been moved around and the zip on his backpack that he left closed was open. Luckily for us we took all of our valuables with us but I wonder if this hotel may actually be thieves or have connection with thieves. I would say this hotel is fine if you only plan to stay for a short while and take everything you hold dear with you, if not then spend a little extra.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple