Angel Hotel
  • Restaurant
US$429
US$410
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 August 2009

We booked this hotel for 1 night prior to joining a tour group in Rome. We heard (from TripAdvisor) that it had some problems with thieves, and once we checked in we realized why. It was obvious that our room had been broken into before - the door frame was mangled and I could push it open without much force at all, even when it was 'locked'.

I called down to the front desk and said we would not stay in that room - someone out there knows how to get in without a key! The receptionist came up a few minutes later to investigate, and she immediately switched us to another room.

Besides that, the hotel is clean and rooms are large compared to other 2-star hotels we stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2009

Do not expect a big room or a design bathroom. Hotel is well situated (10 minutes walking from Piazza Spagna or Vatican City), clean and quiet. Receptionist was friendly and compared with other hotels in Rome price was good (59 euros). If you return to the hotel after 21:00 you will have to go to another hotel in the same street to get your room key back.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I spent a week at this lovely and personable hotel. My first impression was my experience with the woman at the front desk. She understood I was traveling alone therefore took special care to explain the layout of the city and points of interest....even where I should use public bathrooms. I was delighted to see how clean the room was and how comfortable the bed was. The location of the hotel was perfect. Overall, between the friendliness of the staff and quality of the hotel, Im shocked that I paid sucha a reasonable price per night. I will definitely go back to the Angel Hotel again. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2009

I choose angel hotel rather other hotels nearby because of the prices. Located near the Vatican City, is not far away from the rest of the attractions. There’s no breakfast room and lack of common places. The tiny reception is placed on the street and rooms are located in the first floor. This might be negative, but in the other hand, we discover that staff and location is everything for this cosy hotel. Lots of restaurants and bars in the area (so breakfast and dinner is granted!).
Last but not least, beware of taxi drivers!. While at the hotel, taximeter was 15 euro (from termini to the hotel). When I give him a 50 euro banknote, he give me back 10 euro telling me that “taximeter was 15”. When I told him that I just give him 50 euro bill he deny and pretend to not understand English. After a couple of minutes of discussion, I decide to call the police and after that the problem was solve. Overall our stay was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2009

"Angel Hotel is a small hotel near the Castel Sant Angelo, and a few steps from the Vatican city. We booked a triple room with three separate beds in a room quite spacious. Attention has been phenomenal. Young people at reception desk. We were worried about some negative reviews but at the end we decide to try.The only problem is that breakfast is not included, but there's a bar infront of the hotel. This hotel meets the needs of a group of young men like us going arround europe and we will stay again. Regards"

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends