“Friendy and helpful !”

Piccolo Imperiale Guest House
Ranked #2,260 of 3,709 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 October 2011

The Guest house was no frills but the staff was very helpful.Location was quite ,about 10 min walk to Vatican City and Castel sant Angelo.From St Peter's church, you can get sightseeing bus tickets from there to all the famous places.
Everything was self service so you can have coffee and snacks anytime you like.
Just a little bit dispointed with the problem of our door cannot be closed from the outside,so we have another key to lock it .I would have expected them to either fix it or change another room for us but never mind we use the key .Bathroom was a bit small but the shower was good! Overall, it was good and value for the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Piccolo Imperiale Guest House

Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel (guest house) is really a good choice if you are looking for something very centrally located and a good value. The room decor was dated, but clean. The bathroom was very small and pretty much in the center of the room so there was not a lot of privacy.

The breakfast area was self service with prepackaged snacks, assorted spreads and assorted coffees, teas and juice. The good thing about that was that you are not confined to a breakfast 'schedule' and can grab a snack at anytime.

There is someone there to check you in and the usually in the morning, otherwise you are on your own. Any issues that we had with the room were quickly addressed and not worth mentioning.

The staff was very helpful in offering advice on where to go and how to get around. They are located near the bus line that takes you directly to the Coliseum. We rode the bus there in the morning and made our way back on foot seeing the other sights. No car is necessary while in Rome. There are a lot of good restaurants in the area of this hotel and great shopping within 6 blocks. The area felt safe and friendly, we let our teenagers go out and do some exploring and shopping on their own.

Over all we would stay there again because we pretty much just slept and showered there and I prefer to spend my money on food, shopping and sight seeing.

Room Tip: No pictures were posted because their website pictures are pretty acurate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank HotelJumpers
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My girlfriend and I recently came to Rome for a graduation trip. I booked this hotel after reading the mostly positive reviews. I must say the staff is awesome! Food was out all times so you could always grab a litle quick bite. It really is a no frills hotel but perfect! Everything was clean and Elena the help was awesome, she gave us great tips on everything. We got what we paid for and I couldn't have been happier with the neighborhood ( really safe since it's right near the vatican). We walked to most of the major sites including piazza de navona , Spanish steps etc all within 15 mins by foot! I would def come back if I am on the same budget! A+++++

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Awood1987
Reviewed 12 October 2010

Piccolo Imperiale was lovely. It was relatively hard to find (the address is correct, just need to press the buzzer on the door, as the hotel has no other outward signs - google maps had it right), but I would have been able to phone them and ask if needed. We only booked it a week before, but we were very happy with the hotel over the three nights we were there.

The hotel phoned me a few days beforehand to ask what time we'd be arriving, which put our minds at rest. Once there it was very relaxed - the lady on the desk was extremely helpful and very chatty. She gave us a map and marked on it the best places to go, touristy/expensive places to avoid, and suggested walks, and places/areas to eat. She wasn't there all the time but we could have always phoned if needed. But we liked being left to it really, as we weren't in the hotel a huge amount, there's too much to do in Rome!

The hotel is in a good position for the price I think. Rome is big, and you'd have to walk alot wherever your hotel is (we only used public transport on check in and check out because of suitcases, so otherwise walked everywhere in Rome).

The breakfast was always out (presumably to save on staff costs), but we liked that as it meant we could get up whenever, and have a nice coffee whenever too.

The room was nice and clean, lovely high ceilings, good air conditioning, and the toiletries were as you'd expect. We had a huge room, which was a nice surprise too. It is no frills, but it was perfect for what we needed.

We would definitely recommend it, the best bit was the staff and the way they explained everything on the map when we arrived. It made us feel like we knew Rome before we even set out to explore it.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bhayley
Reviewed 16 June 2010

My short but fruitful stay in Rome was memorable thanks in part to the very pleasant hotel accomodation that is Piccollo Imperiale.

From the moment I set-foot in the guest house, I was greeted by the friendly and welcoming Ms. Elena Silvia. She gladly showed me to my room and patiently showed me the map of Roma and highlighted the key sites for me to visit for my short 3-day visit & gave me several useful tips to get around the city. She also arranged a cab-pickup from/to airport to ensure that we won't get "ripped-off".

It's in very close proximity to Castel Sant'Angelo (5mins walk), Vatican City (15 mins walk), Spanish Steps and all other cultural sites.

Over-all, the hostel has met my expectations and real value for money! And with regards to the staff service I received, it far exceeded my expectations.

I will definitely recommend Picollo Imperiale to all my friends who'll be visiting Roma!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank ogster24
Reviewed 31 October 2009

Very clean and well managed guest house. The staff was very helpful and no problem for late check in arrangement. The hotel is siutated within walking distance from the river and the historic Castel Sant'Angelo. The only thing that should be better is the breakfast and the dining facilities. In the area you can find very nice resturants and enjoy you beer in a very peaceful athmosphere.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SabAnd
Reviewed 14 February 2006

Whenever my husband and I are in Rome we usually stay in this wonderful little hotel in the Prati neighborhood. They were already booked when we wanted to stay there in Italy's high season of early October. They recommended the Piccolo Imperiale which was just around the corner. We sent an email to them and we reserved a room. When we arrived there, they said they had no room for us, but could accomodate us in an empty apartment just down the street. Well, the apartment was huge and the only furnished room was the bedroom!! The apartment had no telephone which made it difficult for friends to get in touch with us or to even leave messages. I was very dissapointed that we were lied to. The hotel finally was able to accomodate us on our last day in Rome and put us in a room the size of a closet. I would not recommend this place especially if you have been on a plane for 14 hours and need a place to relax. I just wish they would have been honest with us upfront so we could have stayed somewhere else. That's all I wanted, honesty!! To make matters worse, I met 2 English ladies who were stuck in the same situation I was. They were also part of this overbooking scam....

Stayed: October 2005