Just good back from visiting Rome. Stayed at Domus Tiberina for 3 nights and I would have to say that calling it an Hotel is a big overstatement. While the location is excellent as its within walking distance from the Colosseum and other attractions the quality leaves much to be desired.
1) Although I had a double room reservation when I arrived they tried to send me to a different hotel called "Hotel Trastevere House" even when we explained that we wanted to stay there was we had friend already at Domus. When we got to this other "hotel" they gave us a single room without any windows and on the "basement". We refused to stay and only after we demanded our documents back and threaten to leave they took us back and gave us a room... They were lying when they said they did not had rooms and were trying to capitalize by sending guest to this even worse hotel that is owned by the same people.
2) The room we stayed was right next door to the reception. There was no sound isolation. To give you and idea I could hear the receptionist at night reading the newspaper... Every time someone entered the hotel we could hear them speaking. Only managed to get some sleep because I was so tired of walking all day long. The curtains were smaller than the windows so I would always get a "sunshine wake up call".
3) TV was not working. I had to reconnect everything and when I finally managed to get it working it was sad to find that there were no international channels. There was a lot of telesales though :p
4) The day we left we had to leave at 07:00 so when we asked for an early breakfast they told us we could only have it at 08:00... On any other place they would provide something in the room or at least some juice and coffee. Unfortunately the night clerk was lazy and did not help.
In sum what was best at this "hostel" was its location as it was close to Trastevere. There you have the best night live and restaurants.
For the price they charge you would be better at a real Hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Domus Tiberina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domus Tiberina Hotel