“Worked for us”

Ranked #628 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Chandler, Arizona
“Worked for us”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Yes this is a budget hotel, the rooms are small, the bathrooms are tiny, beds are hard and they have no elevator. All that being said, it worked out perfectly for us. The hotel is situated off of a small street so we rarely heard any street noise and it's walking distance to the termini. We were give a room on the top floor (4 or 5th I think). It was approximately 80 steps, the last 10 or so being a narrow metal spiral staircase up to the top. But this room came with a pleasant surprise! A shared terrace with a small table and chairs, perfect for sitting and mapping out the day ahead of you. The whole purpose of our trip was to get out and explore Rome, so for us the room did not have to be a 5 star room. Breakfast was a great addition. They served a typical Italian breakfast of deli meat, cheese, fruits and breads. Make sure to ask for a homemade cappuccino. We stayed for three nights and would highly recommend this to any savvy frugal traveler like ourselves.

Room Tip: Top floor means more steps to climb with luggage, but they have an outside terrace.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Nice people work and run the place but don't let other reviews fool you, it was a very below average hotel and experience. Rooms are quite small and antiquated and bathrooms need some work done.

I would never stay here again, we actually decided to move to another hotel during our last night in Rome just so we could have some nice and comfortable accommodations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Walvis Bay, Namibia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel in May 2014 for 3 days. All that I can say, this is the best budget hotel that I have stayed in. The room was clean, and cleaned properly everyday. The breakfast was good, althought the same everyday. But the selection was excellent. The coffee was great and availalbe through out the day. We received great advise from the front desk on where to go, what to do and where to eat. Would recomment this to everyone....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Uppsala, Sweden
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Close to the station, highly informative and nice staff. Quite like coming home - said by a person who does not like to travel, nor stay at hotels in general. Being Scandinavian I can always wish for a heavier breakfast - but this is continental Europe, so that's just the way it is. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This hotel located is conveniently located between Termini and Colosseum. It took us only 5-6 minutes of walking to Colosseum. If you are arriving at Termini and if you don't have lot of luggage, There is no need to get a Taxi, it's a downhill walk 6-7 minutes at the most from Termini. Santa Maria Maggiorre is right next to this hotel, You can take Hop-On-Hop-Off buses from here, they will take you to most major spots in Rome.

Our room on the second floor was big, all the fittings and flooring looks new, The Bathroom was also spacious. The double bed was comfortable. They do not have elevators in this hotel, so if you have a lot of luggage, you should probably ask for a room on the ground floor. However the staff did help us carry the luggage to our rooms. What was surprising to me was that they politely refused the tip that I offered for helping. I have never ever experienced this anywhere else.

The hotel staff was wonderful, They spoke good English and were knowledgeable about the city. They made good cappuccinos every day for breakfast. They provided croissants, Danishes , Cereals and Ham along with Orange and pineapple Juice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

So I have just got back from 4 days in Rome, I had a wonderful experience! The hotel is situated in a nice area and I walked to every place in rome, including Vatican City - although this walk did take about 25 minutes. The staff are friendly and the fresh cakes and croissants for breakfast are wonderful! As I travelled alone, the first night I stayed in a single which was quite spacious with an ensuite and dressing table with mirror- my only complaint would be that there was no hair dryer! The second and third night they moved me into a double and to be honest, I would have preferred to stay in the single. The double room was probably no bigger than the single but as it was wider, they could fit in a double. The shower wouldn't stay upright as the holder is broken and you have to hold it whilst showering! But in this room I could wash my hair as a hair dryer was provided. Also, in this room, you had to be in certain places to be able to connect to the wifi and it ran very slowly. However for the price that I payed, I am happy! I couldn't have asked to be in a better location in Rome for that price. At the end of the day, in Rome all you need is a shower and a clean bed to rest in after a long day of sightseeing and this hotel provides that. Thanks

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 6 April 2014

We visited Rome in the first week of March, and were very happy to stay at this place. The place is very close to the termini station, albeit we took some time to locate this. The place has an antiquated exterior with a modern interior decor. The staff was very nice and helpful, in helping us figure out the places to visit. The best part being the proximity to the main station, which takes care of any travel related hassles and you could come back to the hotel post midnight and just walk to this place. The only thing which could be a bit of a concern, is no lifts in the hotel and the stairways cloistered. All in all a great place, with amazing location and if you are looking to stay overnight or a couple of nights and see Rome, no better place at the prices they offer.

Room Tip: The room on the 4th Floor is definitely better, with the option to add another bed without any cost...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rome
Hotel De Monti