“Good service and location”
Review of Hotel Milazzo

Hotel Milazzo
Ranked #1,154 of 1,268 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This room was great for what we needed. This was super close to termini and walkable to all the major locations. Sergio helped us settle in and gave us a mAp. He also helped us communicate with another hotel that had kept our credit card. The room was clean and pretty average. The bed was a little hard. We are going back mostly due to the convenient location and sergios great service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susie G

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I wasnt expecting something good but was nicely surprised,cause staff was very friendly,even let us to leave luggages next morning for the whole day,so we saved for the luggage storage.Location is great,near Termini,you can see Termini from our window.I found room clean and nicely decorated.Its a budget hotel so sometimes I dont understand when people write horrible reviews.Would come back with pleasure.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank vsmitson
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Having paid about 65 euro for the hotel, I did not expect great luxury. I did, however, expect cleanliness, promises to be kept, and good customer service. I got none of these.

When we came to check in, we had to wait 10 mins as the reception was closed and there was a note on the door. Good hotels do not leave reception unattended late morning.

When she arrived, the receptionist called around to find a 'clean' room; she had to try three times before she found one that had allegedly been cleaned. When I got in there I found the lavatory to be dirty and the room relatively dusty, which fell short of my relatively relaxed standards. Although there were two of us, there was only one large towel and no hairdryer, so I felt the room was under-equipped. It was cheaply furnished and at one point my husband had to fix the door handle as it had come adrift in his hand.

Although I did not come to Rome to watch television, I was annoyed that the TV did not work; I discovered this on my third attempt at enquiry after I was given the wrong remote control twice by the aforementioned rather under-informed receptionist. During the 1 night I spent in this dive, I encountered 5 different members of staff covering reception and there seemed to be a lack of communication.

All of these are trivialities however; the main aspect that upset me was the meanness. On the twin wall-sconces, one bulb was missing on each for, I expect, reasons of economy. Two out of the four lamps had the bulbs unscrewed for the same reason, which we duly re-screwed ourselves. We were asked to pay 2 euro 'City Tax' which we did. No receipt was given either for this or for the amount we paid for the room. Having lived in Italy, I strongly suspect that no evidence of our stay was recorded and that that the established is rather dodgy.

On the plus side, the breakfast in a local bar was very good, and the hotel is in an excellent location for Roma Termini. However - as are most hotels located near to stations - this is a seedy dive. Avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Location of hotel is good; it is near to Termini station. Room was well cleaned. But here is the list of negative things
1). A.C. (Air conditioner) was broken. We called reception but they were unable to make it.

2.) In the morning there was no water in bathroom n shower. I called reception again but according to them it was ok.

3) They don't have any facility to serve breakfast which they mentioned in ads. We were provided coupons of bar/cafe to take our breakfast. But this was a really joke. In breakfast a cup of coffee/juice with a piece of bread was provided in that cafe.
So please stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

This hotel is disgusting. The showers leak. Power goes off for hours at a time. Reservations made months in advance are confused. Rooms reak of cigarette smoke.
Staff is rude and unable to answer simple questions. I have nothing good to say about this place. It has gone so far downhill that travellers should look carefully before booking into this place.

Room Tip: There is no good room left in this hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank voconnor2
Reviewed 31 October 2010

Overall good value for money for a budget hotel.The two males on reception when we arrived were not very friendly or helpful, however two girls were nice and helpful, as was the lady who cleaned the rooms.Room was clean and comfortable and bathroom and shower clean. Location was great, right next to Termini with lots of good bars and cafes with friendly staff although there were lots of beggars about. Best thing was location worst was the 5% added to our bill for paying by card which we were not aware of and which added £31 to our bill, quite a bit when you're on a budget.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HAM45
Reviewed 23 July 2010

We only stayed here over night as we had to catch the train early the next morning... The staff weren't overly friendly and we were taken from the reception to down another corridor up a lift to our room. It wasn't dirty it, but it wasn't very nice, the bed was hard - although a lot of beds in Italy are hard... The area did feel quite unsafe - I wouldn't have wanted to stay there longer than 1 night - I think breakfast was included but we weren't told where to go to get it and we just wanted to leave in the morning any way. I wouldn't staty there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple