“Roman Holiday”

Sunset Roma Guest House & Suite
Ranked #503 of 1,290 Hotels in Rome
“Roman Holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My daughter and I recently stayed for 2 nights at this property. We were given a very warm welome by the owner Andrea.
We had a 2 bedded room a double and single bed. Everything was spotless great shower and bathroom.
The location is perfect, colosseum at the end of the street and close to transport. Some great restaurants within a few minutes walk. La Tavernelle was my favourite. Old school family restaurant with signed photos of dining celebreties , politicians and the pope on the wall.
Andrea gave us information on the best coffee shop, gelataria, restaurants and also assisted in booking our taxi for airport.

If you want safe comfortable well priced accommodation in Rome do check out this place

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jcsyd

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We recently stayed at Sunset Roma for 3 nights and found it to be the perfect setting for our Roman holiday. After traveling for 2 days to reach Rome, we were greeted by Andrea at the front desk who informed us that despite only booking a standard room, he was upgrading us to the flat on the top floor (Inverno 6), which was an unexpected but hugely welcomed surprise. The rooms were amazing and so big! Everyday we went sight seeing and every day when we returned our room was cleaned and bed was made. It was perfect. Via dei Serpenti is within walking distance of everything, most notably The Colosseum. Each morning we would open our windows, look to the left and just at the end of the street was this magnificent piece of history. The free wi-fi was such a blessing and allowed us to book things like the Vatican Tour. Andrea also gave us great advice on where things were i.e places to eat and things to see. Sunset Roma truly is a perfect gem in the big capital of Rome. We are recommending it to everyone we speak to and will hopefully return someday. To all who read this, stay here!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Celeste T
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have just returned from a two night stay at Sunset Roma and could not recommend it more highly.
The staff were very friendly and helpful (their English was very good if that is one of your concerns). I was offered a map of central Rome with a few recommendations for nearby restaurants, breakfast bars and gelato! There are a lot of options nearby for breakfast since the hotel does not have a restaurant onsite. I had a double room on the second floor facing the street which had a nice sized bathroom. Both of which were clean to a high standard. I did not find the room to be very noisey as it was facing the street, but I kept the windows closed for the most part as the weather was hot and I didn't want the air conditioning to escape.
The location I must say was absolutely perfect. I have been to Rome before, but still planned to spend most of my time centrally. It is about 6 minutes walking distance to the Colossum, 15 minutes to the Panthenon and about 10 minutes to Termini train and bus station.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to both first time and return visitors to Rome. I would not hesitate to stay here again on my next visit to Rome! Thank you Sunset Roma for your warm hospitality.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank vanessm
Pescara, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

Reading the comments, I realize that some tourists do not know the reality of Rome. A chaotic and costly city, especially in high season. Location is very important and the Sunset could not
be better situated. According to my experience it’s the Guest House with the best value for money. That's right, I said Guest House not Hotel because I see that many people confuse the two. The hotel provides food service and if it’s a 3 or 4 stars hotel it also has a 24hr reception.
Sunset is a guest house that offers comfortable rooms with large bathrooms and a spectacular shower, satellite TV with Sky and wi-fi and if you need assistance just use the phone and you will have everything you're looking and will probably meet the owner Andrea, who will give you all the necessary information and great suggestions live for places to eat and how to visit the city at its best. I have not found efficiency of that type in a 4 star hotel and I assure you that the 4 star will cost almost twice as much in same period ...

Room Tip: I go there for work very often and they are all great!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank lilibeth2968
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013 via mobile

The host was very kind- giving us a complimentary bottle if fizzy for our honeymoon. He also recommended to visit negumbo on ischia for our future travels- it was amazing! The sunset Roma was a great location to see the sights of rome and the local restaurants, bars and cafes were superb and reasonably priced- for italy

• Stayed May 2013
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

We loved the location of this hotel. It was so fun to explore the Monti area with its authentic restaurants and shops. It is also within walking distance of the major sights. The street that it's on has a great view of the Colosseum. Amenities were basic as expected. The double room was large and even had an extra bedroom area that we used as a dressing room. The shower was great. The owner/receptionist gave great recommendations when he was around. The view from our room was lacking.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

An ideal place to visit, (right in the center of Rome, with 5 mins walk to Colosseum, 10 mins to the Trevi). A welcome pro and personalized advice which allowed us to taste the best of the Italian food. Wa had a clean and nice apartment. In the spring an accommodation of charm, as high as our expectations for our first visit to Rome.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family