“Terrible place - more like a hostel - be aware”

Bed and Breakfast Giovy
Ranked #2,184 of 3,735 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We booked this b&b in Rome after reading the reviews which can be very misleading. I have stayed in many B&B's and this is probably the worst. First of all it looks good on paper with all the amenities like free wifi, TV, breakfast etc. but the reality is that yes it has a bed but the mattress is of really low quality. We woke up with a body ache each night. The sheets and towels smell a bit and look like they need to be washed with detergents.
The Internet connection is not steady and hardly works. The TV is very grainy and does not have any English channels. The breakfast is quite bad. This is in a apartment complex with rooms in a building at the back. Looks more like a hostel. The room was a decent size but the bathroom is very tiny. Also FYI, there is no phone in the rooms. Every door that opens requires a key which I feel may be risky in case of a fire.

The flush in the toilet started leaking and flooded the bathroom one evening. The lady came running to our room and mopped up the floor and temporarily fixed it saying that we should be very careful when using it till next morning when she would have someone fix it. She said that she was aware of this problem. This should have been fixed if it was an existing problem.

This hotel is also in a not so nice neighborhood near the Termini with shady people hanging out on the street. We had booked for 5 nights but I decided to move out after the fourth night and go to another hotel near the airport. We will never go back to this place. I think for the same price or for a bit more you should be able to find much nicer hotels in Rome. This is not worth it.

I just want to warn fellow travelers about what to expect - the owners are really nice but their hotel is not what they have portrayed it to be.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank gogogreen

Reviewed 28 February 2013

The main idea to choose this hotel is the location near the Termini station. Rail station with the Leonardo express train from/to Fiumicino airport, both metro lines, a lot of busses and trams are in five-minutes walk from the hotel.

There are many hotels nearby, but this one has it's advantages - it is very clean and quite new furnitured, there is free and fast wi-fi internet access in rooms, good breakfasts with a lot of fresh and delicious things. Everyone in hotel is extremely kindly and helpful. And the price is below average.

I can recommend this b&b for everyone who is travelling without car and wish having very comfortable stay for the adequate money.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Awais_RU
Reviewed 31 January 2013 via mobile

Giovanna was so helpful the rooms are clean, breakfast included and close to train station we were made to feel like family we walked to many sites from the hotel you have to pay cash but there are ATM's at the station
We will stay again when we are in Rome

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lib54
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Situated a few blocks from Termini and the Metro, the hotel run by her and family members was a very pleasant surprise.
I won't prattle about the accommodations because you can see photos and descriptions elsewhere. Suffice it to say there were no disappointments.
More importantly, however, was the level of service, to wit: One night I sat on a ledge in a nearby plaza. It was upon standing I realized there was gum on my bum. The next morning as we left for the day I asked Giovanna if there was a dry cleaner close by to facilitate gum removal. She just smiled, put her hand out to take my pants and said she would take care of it. And she did, in-house using hands, ice and scraping.
For that alone I will not hesitate to give her my highest praise. She is friendly to a fault and is very fluent in English.

Room Tip: I don't really think it matters here.
1  Thank rennerlko
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We cannot say how much we enjoyed our stay in Rome at
Giovanna's. Giovanna and her family were always there to help in any matter.
You really fell like family, Rooms were good size fopr Europe, although they could use a little
more storage space. This is the best buy in Rome.
When taking the cab from Trimini be careful they charged us 25.00E for the two block ride.
We walked on our way to the station the next time.

LonnieK

3  Thank LonnieK2012
Reviewed 7 October 2012

We loved staying at this B and B. The room was spacious, the bed was great, and the bathroom was the biggest in our two week visit to Italy. Joanna runs this place. She is blonde, Italian, and so helpful. My husband sat in gum. We asked her where a laundry was and she told us. The laundry could not attend to this in our time frame. We walked it back to the hotel and asked Joanna for ice. We had heard that it was good in removing gum. When we got back she had totally taken care of it. Not only was that a surprise but she thanked us for teaching her something new. the breakfast here was good, the location to the train station , subway, and buses was superb. We would certainly stay here again.The desk gave us all sorts of help and advice in getting around Rome.

1  Thank Madge464
Reviewed 26 September 2012

My sisters and I booked B & B Giovy based on the wonderful reviews on trip advisor. We were not disappointed. For the price, B & B Giovy is all you need. We found the location to be ideally locatated for touring the city as it is a few blocks from the Termini (bus and train station). Upon arrival we met Giovanna who is very warm and welcoming. She gave us a map of the city and marked all the popular sites to see. Several days we walked back to the hotel from the sites as it was close enough and allowed us to tour more of the city on foot. Our room was small but clean and cozy and had a small refridgerator, a safe and an air conditioner. Breakfast consisted of yogurt, cereal, a variety of pastries, small finger sandwiches, juice and a coffee/espresso machine. My sister's birthday was during our trip, and Giovanna and her staff helped me to get a birthday cake and candles to surprise her. Giovanna refused to let me pay her and was happy to help with my sister's birthday! If I am lucky enough to make my way back to Rome one day, I will be staying at B & B Giovy!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family