All reviewsshared bathroompastrypiazza di spagnatowelsattractions
Reviewed 9 May 2011

A bit difficult to find the hotel (homestay) after darkness. Building is shared with other homestays and hotel Petros (look for Petros, door bell on the left side for Boccaccio) Otherwise very good location, 10 min to Trevi, 15 min to Spagna. Owner is very nice and friendly. Asked for silent room and my room was perfectly silent and clean. First time good sleep away from home. Had even own bathroom, although common was noted in booking. Huge room, nice decor, comfortable bed. The best hotel room I have ever stayed! I recommend it even for families! It is a gem in the heart of Rome old town for resonable price. I wish all hotels would be like this. I travel a lot, but never had such good experience, I wish my best for the owner (Patty) to continue this way!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank KrisztaHelsinki
Reviewed 2 May 2011

While all the hotels in Rome were booked because of easter and the beautification of the pope, we found this little hotel. Location is excellent, just by the metro, spanish steps and trevi fountain. Patty was very friendly and helpfull. We shared the bathroom with some other rooms, but everything was very clean and we didn't have to wait long to take a shower in te morning. Don't expect a fancy hotel, but if you are looking for good value for money in a cosey hotel in the center of Rome, Boccaccio is excellent.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I had a short and sweet one night stay at the Hotel Boccaccio. The place was clean, basic and very charming. The little interaction I had with Patty went easily and she was quite helpful.

Don't expect anything fancy and you should be quite content. There is no TV or hot water in the room, but everything was well maintained and the bed was comfortable. It was a great deal for the price. It seems that the toilet and shower rooms have been newly renovated and retiled and they were immaculate.

My only complaints are that the street was noisy and the location a bit touristy. The problems were really only a consequence of the location being so good, as these are two problems you can't avoid near any of the attractions of central Rome.

I would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank AMinSE
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This is a great little eco-friendly hotel. It’s centrally located and only a 5 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain. The Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Piazza Navona are all within walking distance. From Roma Termini take Metro Line A to Barbarini. (This is only 2 stops from Roma Termini) or you can walk and that takes only 15-20 minutes. Hotel Boccaccio is in the same building as the Hotel De Petris. When you enter the main floor area, you will see 2 lifts/elevators. The lift for Hotel Boccaccio is slightly to your right. The one that you will see directly in front of you is for Hotel De Petris. Just hop onto the lift and press “1” and when the elevator door opens Hotel Boccaccio will be right in front of you.
I arrived around 11pm and Patrizia was graciously waiting for me. Patrizia is the owner and this hotel is also her home. Once inside Boccaccio, the guest rooms are in front and slightly to the left. I had emailed the day before advising that my plane would be in late and Patrizia promptly replied that she would be waiting for me. Upon arrival I was given the keys. A key is given for the hotel room, the hotel entrance on the 1st floor and the outside entrance to the building. So basically you have 24 hour access. I booked a single room with shared bathroom and shared shower. There was never a wait to use these facilities which was great. There are 2 bathrooms one with a shower and one without and they are side by side in the hallway. The room I had faced Via Del Boccaccio. There is a great ambiance of Italian restaurants at night on this street so shut your window if you don’t like the sound.

My room included: Sink with mirror, towels, Eco friendly soaps & shower foam, bed lamp, large closet; desk with lamp, fan, lovely large window and double bed. Energy conserving light bulbs are used throughout the property. Also, because this is an eco-hotel, the towels are not changed everyday. I have taken a photo of their eco policy for further reading. There is free wifi available from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 pm in the lobby. Just take your laptop and sit in the lovely seating area. FYI, because these are old historical buildings the wifi signal does not reach the bedrooms. In the main lobby there are lots of brochures for Rome sight seeing as well as a complimentary maps of Rome.

There is no breakfast served at this hotel but there are lots of places to grab a cappuccino and something to eat. Also, there is a grocery store at the end of the street where you can grab fresh baked goods, fruit, water, juice, pre-made sandwiches etc.

I had complete privacy during my 3 night stay and if I had any questions Patrizia was available to answer them. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Patrizia is really nice and that adds to the great energy of the place. My room cost was $45.00 Euro per night taxes included and I stayed in this hotel September 4, 5 & 6, 2010.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank CinziaVancouver
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I wasn't kidding with the title I wrote for my review. This place is more like home. There is no reception, no flashy sign, no electronic rome keys. It's literally like you stay with Patty during your visit in Rome. It might not be for everyone, but for me it's perfect. I have travelled around the world and I always tried to stay with friends for the visits even for business trip because for me, it's always great not feeling like a stranger in a foreign place.

The hotel is a converted old apartment in Rome. The room is basic but clean. The shared bathroom and toilet are clean, more than I expected to be honest. Patty is a great host. She's really helpful. She will give you the keys to room and building so you can come and go whenever you want. The location is unbeatable. Close to the metro and bus stations. 5-10 minutes walk to Trevi and Spanish Step. There a lot of cafes and bakery store around the area.

Overall, I'm glad I decided to stay there. And I will be back next time I visit Rome. Not that because I can't afford paying more somewhere else. But I just want to stay at 'home' again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo