All reviews shared bathroom pastry piazza di spagna towels attractions
Reviewed 20 January 2013

The owner was very kind,,, these rooms are small,,, but affordable especially if you phone direct and reserve then pay cash. The location is great near Trevi Fountain, the Spanish steps , the Barberini metro station. The owner provides you with everything you need tips as to where to go ect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early October of this year, and though it's called a hotel, Patty - the owner, made our time there more like staying in the home of an Aunt, or friend of a friend. The location is great for access by foot to the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, as well as the Barberini metro station. Can't say enough about Patty's gracious manner, and her willingness to map out directions, suggest restuarants, and to even arrange cab/shuttle picks ups when needed. She even told us estimated cab fares, so we were well informed when an unscrupulous driver tried to overcharge us on our last ride from her location to the train station. If we're ever in Rome again, I can't wait to see Patty's smiling face when we check in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank West_on_40th
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Hi everyone,
I just returned from a few night at the Boccaccio. Its my third visit spaced between many years, and it was, once again a very nice experience. You can't beat the location: a quiet small street right in the centre of the city, thankfully, a fraction off the beaten path.You can't beat the affordability of the rooms (in an expensive to stay city), and the bath and share areas– spotless and homey. Perfect for the solo traveler, day and night.
Patty, the proprietress was as helpful and nice as ever. With the transition to an "eco-hotel", the stay was actually more comfortable: with nicer towels, soaps and other more hotel-y details.
This is always my first choice in Rome, I hope only that the prices stay affordable so that i can continue to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank simone65l
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at Hotel Boccacio from the 20th to the 25th of September 2012 and I wasn’t expecting to have such an amazing time. The owner, Patty, was lovely towards me. She provided me with everything I needed to have the best holidays ever. My room was very clean, tidy & comfortable. The location is the best, it is just 3 minutes walking distance from Fontana di Trevi and 2 minutes from Barberini metro station. I shared the toilet with other customers, which for me was not an inconvenient at all as was clean and with a nice smell and the pressure of the shower was good. I will definitely come back there next time Patty! Tante grazie for your hospitality! Nice to meet such a nice people like you, ci vediamo presto! :) Lorena

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Pupi M
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. The owner, Patty, is very sweet and helpful. She helped book a shuttle for me to get to the airport at 5am to make my early flight. The room was small, but just fine for a single traveler. No air conditioning, though there is a fan in the room, but it can be a bit noisy. Had a shared bathroom, but never ran into any problems since I was taking my showers very early in the morning. There is no housekeeping available, so if you plan to stay long, you may want to bring your own towels. The hotel was a bit hard to find from the street. It's by the corner of Via del Boccaccio and Via Rasella. It's just a 4 minute walk from the Fontana di Trevi, and very close to the Spanish Steps as well.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo