“Cute and comfortable little hotel!”
Review of Hotel Boccaccio

Hotel Boccaccio
Ranked #623 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Only spent one night here but wish we could have stayed more! The rooms are nice and clean, the beds are comfortable. We arrived quite late on the Friday night and Patti was there to greet us. She was very welcoming and speaks good english and we immediately felt at home. There is a kareoke bar right under neath the hotel which is convinient (dont worry its not noisy from the rooms!) and around the corner plenty of restaurants and the train station is a 5 minute walk. The colloseum and main terminal train station is only 2 train stops from here or a 15 minute walk! Trevoli fountain is also a 10 minute walk away for the hotel. This was perfect for us especially having only 1 day in rome. Would deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 May 2013

we booked our stay at the Hotel Boccaccio merely off the rave reviews people gave Patty, the owner, we didnt really bother reading about the hotel itself. Im so glad we stayed here, its in the heart of Rome and the Trevi Fountain is only minutes away, we stayed 5 nights and walked past the trevi fountain twice a day....thats a very special feeling. Everything to be seen is easily accessible from this hotel, we walked all day everyday but if walking isnt your thing we noted plenty of pubic transport nearby. The hotel itself is charming, from the moment you step out of the novelty sized cage elevator into Pattys charming hotel you feel at home, the rooms are elegantly decorated and of a decent size, the beds were soooo comfortable you have to force yourself between seeing the sights of Rome and getting our of you comfy bed every morning and although the bathrooms are shared we didnt encounter another guest the entire time we were there. I would stay here again and again!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sarah C
Reviewed 26 April 2013

This is one of those hotels which is on a floor of a large grand old roman building. It's on the first floor and there is a lift. There's a beautiful central garden and all the ceilings are massively high. Buckets of character, feels welcoming and safe and it's on a nice street in a great area, lots of restaurants nearby and not far to walk to everything you want to see in Rome. The only downside is the shared bathrooms could do with a bit of a face lift. I liked that dressing gowns were provided from getting to the bathroom though, nice touch. Warm welcome from Patty who runs it. I loved it here, despite the bathrooms and slept like a log - dark and quiet rooms!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Medicdaisy
hotelboccaccio1, Proprietario at Hotel Boccaccio, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2013

I think your description is not correct as regards the bathrooms, because it have been restored 3 years ago. I hope see you again, grazie e arrivederci
patty

Reviewed 20 January 2013

The owner was very kind,,, these rooms are small,,, but affordable especially if you phone direct and reserve then pay cash. The location is great near Trevi Fountain, the Spanish steps , the Barberini metro station. The owner provides you with everything you need tips as to where to go ect.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 20 November 2012

My wife and I stayed here in early October of this year, and though it's called a hotel, Patty - the owner, made our time there more like staying in the home of an Aunt, or friend of a friend. The location is great for access by foot to the Trevi Fountain, the Spanish Steps, as well as the Barberini metro station. Can't say enough about Patty's gracious manner, and her willingness to map out directions, suggest restuarants, and to even arrange cab/shuttle picks ups when needed. She even told us estimated cab fares, so we were well informed when an unscrupulous driver tried to overcharge us on our last ride from her location to the train station. If we're ever in Rome again, I can't wait to see Patty's smiling face when we check in.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank West_on_40th
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Hi everyone,
I just returned from a few night at the Boccaccio. Its my third visit spaced between many years, and it was, once again a very nice experience. You can't beat the location: a quiet small street right in the centre of the city, thankfully, a fraction off the beaten path.You can't beat the affordability of the rooms (in an expensive to stay city), and the bath and share areas– spotless and homey. Perfect for the solo traveler, day and night.
Patty, the proprietress was as helpful and nice as ever. With the transition to an "eco-hotel", the stay was actually more comfortable: with nicer towels, soaps and other more hotel-y details.
This is always my first choice in Rome, I hope only that the prices stay affordable so that i can continue to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank simone65l
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I stayed at Hotel Boccacio from the 20th to the 25th of September 2012 and I wasn’t expecting to have such an amazing time. The owner, Patty, was lovely towards me. She provided me with everything I needed to have the best holidays ever. My room was very clean, tidy & comfortable. The location is the best, it is just 3 minutes walking distance from Fontana di Trevi and 2 minutes from Barberini metro station. I shared the toilet with other customers, which for me was not an inconvenient at all as was clean and with a nice smell and the pressure of the shower was good. I will definitely come back there next time Patty! Tante grazie for your hospitality! Nice to meet such a nice people like you, ci vediamo presto! :) Lorena

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo