All reviewsshared bathroompastrypiazza di spagnatowelsattractions
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I wouldn't call this a "hotel". It's a room in a large apartment basically. Patty seems very nice at least. The rooms are pretty large too. However, the beds are rock hard. There's no AC and if you leave the window open it'll be too noisy. So pick your poison of sweating or loud noises. There's a shared bathroom for all 5 rooms. I wouldn't recommend staying here longer than a night.

Also, the WiFi basically doesn't work at all.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Nice, clean rooms and clean common areas (shower and toilet). Close to many of the most well known tourist attractions. No AC or TV in our room, but nothing that we were lacking in the end of May. Recommended if you need a place to sleep close to the attractions.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Nice but small room - nicely appointed. Shower no bath. Air conditioning not functioning in winter made sleeping difficult. Too hot with windows closed and too noisy with windows open. Via del Tritone is a very busy road with too many mopeds and motorbikes screaming about. Noise stops in the early hours and starts again about 5am. Only spoiler. Nice breakfast buffet. Charming and helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Rooms are clean, wide with a staggering gigh cieling (5 meter!). Patty is nice and willing to help. Bathroom and shower is communal with a price of about 94 euro pee night is a bit high. Great location to visit the surroundings. Hotel facilities are basically non existing so I would reccomend it for modest couples or singles

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2016

I 'shouldn't' like this hotel, but I do.

Left Venice a day early with no hotel in Florence, looked online before the train left and a nice hotel near station had availability. By the time I got there (A Thursday mid-morning) it was fully booked.

I asked if they could recommend a hotel and they called Boccaccio. Advised me it was 110 euro a night and they had room for me for 3 nights. I took the 5 min walk (very close to train station)..

The entrance is okay - looks like a typical 2 star / 3 star hotel near any train station. The front desk clerk informed me it was 120 euro a night. I could care less about 10 euro but for the sake of not being a rube I told them the other hotel had JUST called them and said it was 110.

They acted like they were doing me a HUGE favor by giving it to me for 110 + 3.50 (in cash) for tax. Sure, whatever.

Room is small, TV is smaller (think two cereal boxes side by side) - airconditioning is GREAT, my room had a nice window I could open, the bidet was cool, shower was one of the hottest i've had in Europe. Bed was hard as a rock, pillows were cheap, safe was ancient, no plugs near bed to use laptop with while laying down - and internet kept cutting out.

When I went down the second day they informed me the price had increased to 150 euro a night for the last two nights because now it's 'high season' - huh? end of Sept is not high season. I have a feeling I got car-jacked, but whatever - I paid it because at that point I wanted to go see the sights and not keep looking for hotels. So be careful with their rates - they seem to fluctuate based on whatever they feel they can get.

It's not quaint, charming, or romantic - it's just an inner city hotel with small rooms and old wallpaper.

Still - it was close enough to everything, and besides the hard bed was okay to lay your head for a few nights. MUCH better to do your homework and choose somewhere nice in advance.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo