All reviews shared bathroom pastry piazza di spagna towels attractions
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend and his parents. The hotel is actually a large apartment, that the owner, Patty, converted into a hotel. It's a little strange, as the hallway is open to her living room area, and I felt a little awkward having to go into her 'home' to ask her questions and check out. But Patty was always very nice, though, and enjoys sharing her home with everyone. Definitely better than staying in an anonymous hotel!

The rooms were fine, though no a/c, which we definitely could of used. I had no issues with the bathrooms, and like that there was one with a shower, and one with just a sink and toilet. Our room was a little small - but Patty gave us a good deal on it b/c of the size - and the parent's room was roomy. The hallways were noisy, and even though we had a room toward the back, we could always hear the floors creaking and doors opening and closing.

The location is great, close to the Trevi Fountain. The hotel is on a little alley. While I never felt unsafe, I did feel a bit uncomfortable walking around there at night. There are lots of cafes/restaurants around, and the metro is just around the corner.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Close to the trevi and the Spanish steps. Patty is a doll!!! Crispin is also great. We arrived really early in the morning and had trouble getting in but aside from that the stay was perfect. There is a great bar (Orazio) across the street and a nice little grocery next door. I wish we had more time to stay there. Would not hesitate to stay there again. There is even an elevator which was great for my parents. Thanks Patty for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 October 2009

My daughter (15) and I (45) were in Italy for two weeks. We stayed four nights in Boccaccio Hotel, in a room with privet bathroom; Patty was wonderful, very kind and helpful. The room is very simple, nice, spacious, and very clean. It was so nice and felt like being at home. The location is great too, a short walking distance from major sites like the Spanish Steps and Fontana di Trevi. We would definitely recommend it to our friends, and would love to stay in it again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2009

This is less of a hotel and more of a house which rents rooms out. We had no problems here but the key system is a little odd because anyone can enter your room when you are not there!! The bathrooms smelt of bleach and seemed clean, there was hot water any time we needed it. The price is excellent for the location (just 3 mins walk to trevi fountain). the room was quiet hot adn there was no air-con, id hate to be there in the height of the summer, also we couldnt keep the window open because there was a lot of noise from outside(which was less when the window was closed). Overall the location was brilliant and I searched a lot of places and found nothing cheaper for this location so if you want location and don't really care about having a top notch hotel then this place is for you. if you care about the little things then don't book this!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2009

It is a cute place, but difficult to find and to get to, on a slightly shady street. My biggest problem with this hotel would be its extremely loud location across the alley from an all-night restaurant. Despite industrial-strength hunting earplugs, I was woken up by loud laughter and shouting about once an hour until 5 a.m. Also, the key to the door never worked properly, it was an old-fashioned key that didn't fit, and as there was a large sign that the door was made of glass (?), it always took quite some time to close it. Staff did not speak English. Decor was nice, with lots of greenery.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo