All reviews shared bathroom pastry piazza di spagna towels attractions
Reviewed 25 September 2010

This is a great little eco-friendly hotel. It’s centrally located and only a 5 minute walk to the Trevi Fountain. The Spanish Steps, Pantheon and Piazza Navona are all within walking distance. From Roma Termini take Metro Line A to Barbarini. (This is only 2 stops from Roma Termini) or you can walk and that takes only 15-20 minutes. Hotel Boccaccio is in the same building as the Hotel De Petris. When you enter the main floor area, you will see 2 lifts/elevators. The lift for Hotel Boccaccio is slightly to your right. The one that you will see directly in front of you is for Hotel De Petris. Just hop onto the lift and press “1” and when the elevator door opens Hotel Boccaccio will be right in front of you.
I arrived around 11pm and Patrizia was graciously waiting for me. Patrizia is the owner and this hotel is also her home. Once inside Boccaccio, the guest rooms are in front and slightly to the left. I had emailed the day before advising that my plane would be in late and Patrizia promptly replied that she would be waiting for me. Upon arrival I was given the keys. A key is given for the hotel room, the hotel entrance on the 1st floor and the outside entrance to the building. So basically you have 24 hour access. I booked a single room with shared bathroom and shared shower. There was never a wait to use these facilities which was great. There are 2 bathrooms one with a shower and one without and they are side by side in the hallway. The room I had faced Via Del Boccaccio. There is a great ambiance of Italian restaurants at night on this street so shut your window if you don’t like the sound.

My room included: Sink with mirror, towels, Eco friendly soaps & shower foam, bed lamp, large closet; desk with lamp, fan, lovely large window and double bed. Energy conserving light bulbs are used throughout the property. Also, because this is an eco-hotel, the towels are not changed everyday. I have taken a photo of their eco policy for further reading. There is free wifi available from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 pm in the lobby. Just take your laptop and sit in the lovely seating area. FYI, because these are old historical buildings the wifi signal does not reach the bedrooms. In the main lobby there are lots of brochures for Rome sight seeing as well as a complimentary maps of Rome.

There is no breakfast served at this hotel but there are lots of places to grab a cappuccino and something to eat. Also, there is a grocery store at the end of the street where you can grab fresh baked goods, fruit, water, juice, pre-made sandwiches etc.

I had complete privacy during my 3 night stay and if I had any questions Patrizia was available to answer them. I enjoyed my stay in this hotel and would definitely stay here again. Patrizia is really nice and that adds to the great energy of the place. My room cost was $45.00 Euro per night taxes included and I stayed in this hotel September 4, 5 & 6, 2010.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank CinziaVancouver
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I wasn't kidding with the title I wrote for my review. This place is more like home. There is no reception, no flashy sign, no electronic rome keys. It's literally like you stay with Patty during your visit in Rome. It might not be for everyone, but for me it's perfect. I have travelled around the world and I always tried to stay with friends for the visits even for business trip because for me, it's always great not feeling like a stranger in a foreign place.

The hotel is a converted old apartment in Rome. The room is basic but clean. The shared bathroom and toilet are clean, more than I expected to be honest. Patty is a great host. She's really helpful. She will give you the keys to room and building so you can come and go whenever you want. The location is unbeatable. Close to the metro and bus stations. 5-10 minutes walk to Trevi and Spanish Step. There a lot of cafes and bakery store around the area.

Overall, I'm glad I decided to stay there. And I will be back next time I visit Rome. Not that because I can't afford paying more somewhere else. But I just want to stay at 'home' again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank LeoLHR
Reviewed 13 June 2010

Based on some of the other reviews I'd read I was a little apprehensive about staying at this hotel, but it was actually great. There was 24 hour access, the room and bathroom (I had a single room with a shared shower and bathroom) were both quite clean. Because it is an Eco-friendly hotel they didn't change sheets or towels everyday to conserve energy/water, but I think they would change them (the towels at least) as often as you needed. I also thought it was nice that even though the bathroom was shared, I had a sink and mirror in my room so I could brush my teeth etc without having to share the bathroom.

Wi-fi was only available during the daytime and not accessable from my room, but it was free.

The location really couldn't be beat. Very close to the Trevi Fountain, a few blocks from the Barbarini metro (just 2 stops from Termini, the main train station). This did mean some street noise till quite late though.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2010

I stayed here for two nights with my boyfriend and his parents. The hotel is actually a large apartment, that the owner, Patty, converted into a hotel. It's a little strange, as the hallway is open to her living room area, and I felt a little awkward having to go into her 'home' to ask her questions and check out. But Patty was always very nice, though, and enjoys sharing her home with everyone. Definitely better than staying in an anonymous hotel!

The rooms were fine, though no a/c, which we definitely could of used. I had no issues with the bathrooms, and like that there was one with a shower, and one with just a sink and toilet. Our room was a little small - but Patty gave us a good deal on it b/c of the size - and the parent's room was roomy. The hallways were noisy, and even though we had a room toward the back, we could always hear the floors creaking and doors opening and closing.

The location is great, close to the Trevi Fountain. The hotel is on a little alley. While I never felt unsafe, I did feel a bit uncomfortable walking around there at night. There are lots of cafes/restaurants around, and the metro is just around the corner.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Close to the trevi and the Spanish steps. Patty is a doll!!! Crispin is also great. We arrived really early in the morning and had trouble getting in but aside from that the stay was perfect. There is a great bar (Orazio) across the street and a nice little grocery next door. I wish we had more time to stay there. Would not hesitate to stay there again. There is even an elevator which was great for my parents. Thanks Patty for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family