“Great Hotel for exploring Rome from”

Welcome Piram Hotel
Ranked #331 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel for exploring Rome from”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We stayed here in September 2012 for 3 nights.
Hotel's in a very good position, really close to the Termini train station, Via Nazionale and all the important transport links. Clean throughout. Nice, if a bit chintzy, decor. Good breakfast. Great staff, really knowledgeable - ask their advice. Rooftop terrace is fantastic
Not really any negatives - internet's only available in the lobby and was temperamental. TV selection was rubbish but not what we were there for. The 'pool' is actually two hot tubs on the roof, but they're quite clearly described as such in the hotel description and the hotel website.
Recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Koeln
Reviewed 15 September 2012

They didn't comunicate that I needed to go to a different address than on my confirmation. Had to go down for help due to a strange door lock. Was told my luggage was in my room. It wasn't. Despise my polite call to reception to ask if I should pick it up or it would be sent up, the receptionist was very rude. She said it would be sent up but 30 minutes later it still wasn't there. Went down for it. Front desk guy was nice though. It's beautiful but poorly organized. Could also use signs in the hall to help you find your room. If you stay here you'll see what I mean. I'd stay here again for the very low price I paid but am kind of shocked that it is rated with 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank tab097
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed here recently for 4 nights and really enjoyed our time at the Piram. It is central close to the Termini so perfect as a base for sightseeing. The rooftop terrace is fantastic possibly the best 360 view there is.Rooms are excellent,clean and spacious.Breakfast is adequate not great.Do not eat in the hotel because there are wonderful bars and restaurants close by please try the Gran Caffe del Passeggero on the corner - the food wow.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank brewers8005
WelcomePiram, Owner at Welcome Piram Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2012

I hope you wil apreciate our restaurants, I know around here is full of restaurants unfortunatly are all for turists because they have all pre-cooked foods.
Reviewed 7 September 2012

1. ladder in front of the elevator.
2. Room service until 23h.
3. no free wifi in rooms.
4. Wifi only 30 min lobby
5. Air conditioning turn on alone and has no remote control.
6. Television stop to function every 15 min
7. E-mail Dosent work

Great location. Smal room, but confortable. I will not back

• Stayed September 2012
Thanks for your review,

Yes the lift is 6 speps up the ground floor I know for a lot of travellers It can be a problem, you should come from the restaurant where the lift stops st -1 Level.

The Wifi is just in the bar, hall, and roof terrace, in the room you have only lap top connectivity and wifi tv internet browser.The connection ids free just for 30 minutes a day and for extend your time is on payment.

The air conditioning is setting from the control pannel at the entrance of the room (just up the key card holder inside the room) and you decide the comfort temperature for you room.

Regards

Alessio
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights at the end of August.

Firstly, the good points:

The location was great for accessing the sights and I walked everywhere. Like others have commented it's not a beautiful location but I was there on my own and felt quite safe.

The roof top terrace is lovely, it was quite quiet when I was there and was able to sit and enjoy the jacuzzi and sun almost to myself.

It is clean.

As for the bad points:

Apart from the reception it's quite dated really, and the rooms have seen there best days. The shower was a dribble some days, certainly not the bathroom they suggest on the website.

The food is very poor, and the breakfast menu consists of very little choice, and you seem to be sitting in a passage way wherever you choose.

Finally - I found some of the staff to be rude. Breakfast is until 10.30 and one of the mornings when I turned up at 10.10 I was told very rudely that I only had 20 minutes and then she would be throwing the food away! The following morning I turned up at 9.30 as it was my last day and then had to stand and wait for nearly 30 mins for a table.

Finally - the lift. It takes absolutely ages - i'm talking 5 minutes sometimes and I just found this frustrating.

All in all, the hotel is ok, but please don't expect a 4 star, it's very much a 2 star.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank travellingellie_83

I am sorry for the breakfast, but we have to close the breakfast hall to prepare for the lunch.

Anyway you have the possibility to go to our bar (ground floor) and buy a breakfast vith a large variety of choice.

The breakfast at the moment offers:

Fresh bread
Toast bread (two choice)
Plum cake
Hand made cake ( chaccolate and lemo choice)
Ananas and fruit
Honey
Mousley
Rice and kellogs
Eggs scambled
and a variety of hot drinks.

Maybe you wait too long time because all the guest appreciate the varity of the food anyway the restaurant has mere than 140 seats (inside and outside)

For the lift:

we have two lifts

one is really "ancient" 1930's and one new for 11 people I am sorry you have find the lift too busy. Any way I think that a ride on the old one you can appreciate the all wood and lether seats in an ancient lift !!!

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed here recently for 4 nights and enjoyed my time at the Piram. I have stayed in this area of Rome before, so knew that it is not in best part of the city but it is central so perfect as a base for sightseeing. The rooftop terrace is fantastic - shame there isn't more room for a few more sunbeds, but we grabbed a bed every evening and enjoyed a glass of wine in the sun after a hard days sightseeing. The jacuzzi's are brilliant for sore feet! The rooms are basic and in old Italian style and yes the air con is a bit on the loud side but everything is spotlessly clean. Plenty of choice for breakfast and you can sit outside on the small terrace - no views but pleasant enough. For the price I cannot fault the hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Karen B
Thanks for your reviwe!!

I hope you eill raccomand the hotel to your friends in october we will have some work on the terrace to be used during the winter and offer hot water in the jacuzzi !!!

I hope to see you soon in my hotel

Alessio Piram
aberdeen
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The main complaint was the attitude of most of the staff-very rude ,patronising and unhelpful.(There was 1 exception).We lost our luggage and the attitude of the staff when we asked for help initially was total disinterest and I was told to "chill out as it happened all the time" .One member of staff on the second day did try to get phone numbers for us and was sympathetic.The breakfast was a disgrace!Tinned fruit,stale croissants and the worst service I have ever experienced.The waitress was very rude and completely lacking in any customer service skills.The evening meal was included in our deal and was poor.The waiter brought us a wine 7 euros more expensive than the one we ordered.Room was dark and old fashined with small window looking into dark internal courtyard.Avoid!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank annieroar
Thanks forr your reviwe,

in Rome a lot of guest lost the luggage, and we have send mail and we did all in our possibility to receisve your luggages.

Plese send us some suggestion of what to add in our breakfast buffet:

Croissan
Honey
Hot drinks
Fruits
Cereals
Fruit juce (we have only orange and grapefruit)
Hand made cakes (three choice)
Plum cake
Cheese
Ham
Variety of hot drinks

we will be glad to add t !!

Regards