Welcome Piram Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
2,220 results
All reviewstermini stationpiano barexcellent locationpastrieshop on hoptrevi fountaincity breakrooftop terracesight seeingpublic transportspanish stepsstreet noisearound the cornerby footmain attractionsvisiting romevatican city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for7 days last week and the day we booked in we met a very nice lady receptionist who give us our room key and welcomed us to the hotel the first three days went well the room was ok and the location was good for the train station then on the fourth morning the wife went into the shower and had a bad fall in which she fractured her spine in two places(No anti slip mat and no grab rails fitted) and then spent 7 days in an Italian hospital before we where both flown home in an air ambulance to England now the really annoying thing about all this is that nobody from the hotel bothered to stop me each day as I left for the hospital or even when I returned to ask me how my wife was until the day I left when I bumped into the same lady receptionist upstairs on the same floor as my room and I explained her condition. So if you want to feel like a valued customer do not book into The Welcome Piram Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GeordieRed
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Positive:
The breakfast was good and tasty, many things to choose from, although it's not special. The juice isn't fresh and the fruit salad neither, this is something a 4 star hotel should provide.
The overall infrastructure is nice and clean. There were two elevators, one very authentic old one which we loved.
Our room was spacious and our bathroom big, maybe we were lucky, because we didn't book a suite or anything. But again the room was clean and comfortable, the shower worked well and we were pleased.

Negative:
We went here during easter break with quite warm weather and yet the roof terrace was closed until the 1st of May!! This was a big disappointment. They should have opened it already, because many guests were expecting to be able to enjoy this.
The beds are hard and short. Im quite a tall women, so this wasn't very good for my sleep. I didn't sleep very good, but i didn't have any back aches, so thats a positive point. The blankets were very annoying though.
The Wifi is only free when you are sitting in the entrance hall. Today this should be free in the entire hotel. Also, the connection was really slow, so don't count on using much internet during your stay.
Also, one last tip: don't underestimate the distance from Termini station to the historic centre, its quite a long walk of at least half an hour.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotell with a really romantic room. Excellent service and the room was spotless clean. Location great, near the Termini station and only a few minutes walks from the center.
There's lots of nice cafe's near the hotell. Note that its cheaper not to include breakfast. It only cost ~4 EUR in the café to have cappuccino e cornetto for two persons. That if you stand and don't sitt down. For service you have to pay som extra.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We have just recently returned from a holiday in Rome. Rome was stunning and really everything I expected it to be. The hotel on the other hand was not. I travel quiet a lot and never book a hotel that is less than 4 stars. This Hotel advertises itself as a 4 star hotel, but in reality barely makes it a 3 star. If that, I would say a 2 star would be more fitting for it. When we arrived at the hotel it was pretty late. We were tired and very warm from walking to the hotel. As we received our hotel room card we made our way to the room. The first thing that struck me was, that when we walked through the hallway, there were no windows what so ever. They hung some kind of tacky tapestry on the wall to make it seem like there was a window there. As we opened up our room door, my face fell. The room was barely furnished and the bathroom was a disgrace. It had mould in all the cracks on the tiles (floor and walls). The toilet when flushed wouldn't stop running. But the icing on the cake was when I opened the window to let in some fresh air (the room temperature at the time was 26c) all I got was a waft of very warm air and a loud buzzing kind of sound. As I looked down I could not believe it. I was actually looking at a very dirty court yard with a generator in it. As I looked up, I saw another window, with its occupants looking at me in bemusement as I was looking utterly shocked at the state of the place. I had also asked the hotel for some extra pillows, as the ones we had were very thin and only one was supplied for each person. I was promptly told no, there were no other Pillows I could have as the hotel was apparently full. The next morning we complained about the room, and lucky enough were moved to another room. It was only a little better, but better non the less then the one we had to begin with. Would I go back to Rome...defiantly!! Would I used the same hotel...NEVER.....I have learnt to pay for the extra star, ie 5 stars to have a decent hotel and a decent view. If you can avoid room 154!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ella_uk73
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

There are many things wrong with this hotel. 1. There is no air conditioning in spite of this being promised when we booked on the Internet. As I lie in my bed writing this after a long day of touristing I can see the wire hanging out of the wall. We were very hot on the first night here and when we asked the man behind reception desk about air conditioning we were told to open the window. We didn't want to do this because if we did we were treated to a strange banging noise, police sirens, bins being emptied, bottle banks being filled and Italians arguing. This was odd because both the bedroom and the bathroom window opened onto grotty rubbish filled alleyways. When I pointed this out to the receptionist it was met with a shrug. 2. Contrary to what we were promised the roof terrace was not open. So obviously neither was the rooftop spa. 3. Wi-Fi. I know we are somewhat spoilt in England with superfast broadband and so on, but here every five minutes you have to re-log on to their Wi-Fi and when you do it's painfully slow. 4. Watch out for the creepy Troll like guy in the breakfast room. I suppose he is the catering manager. He is very friendly with women. And very very friendly with single women. Once I nearly intervened when I watched an American woman giving him please leave me alone signals which he didn't pick up on. I have yet to see him talk to a male guest and I have breakfasted here three days now. 5. This room (362) has a whirlpool bath. That's good right? Nope. It didn't work and when I ran a bath for the wife brown gunge floated out of the redundant pipes.
Ok, now for the positives. Breakfast is plentiful and a wide enough choice if not of particularly high quality. The location is great for traveling. The main bus terminus is about 100 metres away making bus travel around the city very easy. Some of the staff are charming but are probably powerless to help with decisions like air con. The room is clean and spacious and is well made up each day. This is a long way from a 4 star, I would say its a 1 star that needs some serious sorting out.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple