“Ok”
Review of Spagna Ave

Spagna Ave
Ranked #300 of 3,780 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The location is very good but the rooms are a little shabby, the walls aren't finished in my room and the lamp isn't working, there was something fluffy in my tea this morning as well and there was nothing much on the tray for breakfast but the lady was very nice and the elevator smells weird. The croissant and the coffee was very nice though. The staff are alright as well but when they fight in the night, you can hear them.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed 26 July 2013

Eva rooms great people they did all to help us .we had to children with us so it was quite an effort to find suitable accommodation .nicola the manager is great so is Eva and husband Francesco
The Aloi family

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was a single female travelling for a month in Italy in December 2012. I stayed 10 days at Eva's room, 7 at the start of my journey and 3 at the end. I highly recommend this hotel as the location is first rate a 2 min walk to the Spanish Steps and honestly every tourist attraction is within an easy walking distance. I found the staff helpful and the lady who delivered my breakfast each morning delightful ( she makes a wonderful coffee) I arrived very early after a flight from Singapore and even though my room was not available until noon they allowed me to freshen up, stored my luggage and even offered me coffee. I had a double bed in my room which had its own heating, bathroom and was more than comfortable and spacious. I loved waking each morning to the sound of the horses on the cobbled roads on their way to the Spanish Steps. Every patron has their own key and I felt safe at all times. A wonderful stay and next year when I return to Italy i will make Eva's rooms my hotel in Roma.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This guest house was perfect for seeing all the sites of Rome. We were 4 min walk from the Spanish steps & 8 mins from Trevi fountain, in fact we walked to all the sites, even the Vatican City was only 40 minutes walk away. So ideal. The rooms were clean and tidied daily. The breakfast was disappointing, brought to your room and due to,lack of space really had to be eaten sitting on the bed, the rooms are right of the road side so can be noisey late at night, but then it is in the centre of rome. I can certainly recommend Evas rooms to visit the beautiful city of rome.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the front of the building for less noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Excellent location between the spanish steps and fontana di trevi ( 5 minutes walk). the room is comfortable and cleanso is the bathroom and breakfast is served into the room. the stuff is friendly and helpful .

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We stayed at Eva's Rooms last week. We had a wonderful experience. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The breakfast to our room was a nice touch. The room was very large, good size bathroom (2 sinks). Beautiful artwork on the ceiling as well. Location was perfect! Only downside was that the street was a little noisy (probably not hotel's fault as Rome is quite noisy), also no English language channels on TV. All in all was a charming hotel and would definitely stay at Eva's again if we are ever in Rome again.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

We visited Rome on the last leg of our two week Honeymoon. The entire trip had been absolutely amazing until we got to Eva's Room.

First you walk off the street into dark hallway with a security gate. My wife is like "is this it". On the other side of the gate is a dingy little room with a small elevator. We get buzzed in and get in the elevator. This is where I start thinking what did I get myself into. The elevator stunk of mold and mildew. This moldy mildew elevator took us up to the second floor that included a very small dark hallway with a reception desk at the end. We were greeted with a friendly tone and proceeded with check-in. Once we got to our room we were less than impressed. From reading other reviews there may be some better rooms in the B&B but this wasn't one. You get two little shampoo pouches in a ketchup bag, internet that doesn't work, a moldy shower and two little beds. Keep in mind this is a $160 Euro a night. What a rip off....I've stayed at a Super 8 that is cleaner. It was a 180 degrees from the other 4 hotels we had stayed at on our trip. After unpacking and pondering if we should ruin our Rome experience with Eva's Room we packed back up and tried to check out. There was of course no one at the front desk so I tracked down the father on the second floor. He called his son who proceeded to tell me he wasn't going to give me a refund for the 3 nights. I even offered to pay him for one night, that I didn't stay, if he gives me a refund for the last two. He was rude and said he couldn't do that. Oh well, we left and proceeded to pay $40 euro per night more at Hotel Borroco just down the street that was just awesome.

From my experience in Europe it is extremely important to have a great Concierge service. They are a load of information on where to eat, how to get around, and booking restaurant reservations. Eva's room lacked this 100%. I'm dealing with the vendor that booked my trip to hopefully get a refund on my terrible Eva's Room experience. I really don't understand where some of these reviewers are coming from with different experiences than I had. You can't hide the smell of mold. My wife and I are very easy to please as you will see from my other reviews. I just want a clean room with an average level of service. Especially for over $200 usd a night.

4  Thank TDWtravelDr
eva l, Manager at Spagna Ave, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Dearest Guest
We normally do not answer to anybody but we can do an exception this time.
You really know that your review is not the truth so that you didn't post any kind of photo to prove what you affirm.
You booked a twin room through your agency and we got the voucher of it so we did our best to observe at your request.
Once you arrived at the hotel, at 2 p.m. you asked us for a double room but we couldn't satisfy your need because we were full and that was a mistake that concerns your agency; then you decided to leave at 10 p.m., because as you told me by phone, your agency reported you that "eva's room refund".
If you had offered the payment of the second night, I would surely accepted, because if you want to leave, I can amount you only one night and I can't force you to stay and it's strange because by phone you told me that you liked our hotel.
Maybe your young age doesn't permit you to have such a great experience and honesty: you were in the room 32, each of our customer can verify if what you are saying it's true or not and if there is mildew as you confirm or if there is a hall that can be compared as a cave: but I'm sure that on our official site, everyone can see that your review is fake.
However, we are glad that you found another good hotel in Rome but remember this thing:
in our hotel, there is an equipe of honest people that even at 10 p.m. were glad to be at your service.
And in the end, we'd want to say you that for the future, we will be very pleased to host you again, why not?
Best regards