“Great Location and Value!!”
Review of Spagna Ave

Spagna Ave
Ranked #456 of 3,711 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2006

This hotel was in a PERFECT location...just two minutes from the Spanish Steps and therefore...two minutes from the metro...which is just minutes from so many wonderful places! The room itself was just ok, but the hosts were very helpful. We paid extra for a room with a frescoed ceiling...which was nice since it provided a nice view while on our backs (which took away from the so-so view of the bed itself.) The fresco was damaged in an area and since the room was later divided to accomodate the bathroom, the fresco showed off that fact since it was sort of "off" center. Breakfast was so-so, but common for an Italian stay at a place of this sort. It included juice, packaged toast, a croissant, coffee, and jellies. Enough to get the day started, but not at all what we'd consider a breakfast here in the states. We enjoyed our stay...the location for the price was what sold us. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank cyndec
There are newer reviews for Spagna Ave

Reviewed 10 September 2006

Researched moreso for a hotel in Rome than any other Eurpoean city I've been to. In the end I went with a recommendation from a friend. Eva's Room website looked good and other reviews sounded promising. The hotel is very central a couple of minutes from the Spagna metro station which is a link to almost everywhere in Rome. The Spanish Steps are a stones throw away, the Trevi fountain a couple of mintues. The hotel itself although advertising as a guest house had more of an apartment feel. There is no reception area to speak of, instead a tiny pokey room where an employee sits throughout the day, doesn't come across as particularly welcoming or professional. There is a lift as you walk in the door and thats it by the way of communial areas. No breakfast room, terrace, balcony...lobby. We never bumped into any other guests whilst there for four nights! The room was fine, not pokey or spacious for that matter. Bathroom was very clean, we had clean towels every second day though no change of bedding. There was constant hot water and our air-con worked a treat. There isn't much of a view in any of the rooms but we used our room really a base point so it made no odds. Breakfast was a real let down, Upon check in we asked for our breakfast to be brought to our room at 9am, I chose coffee, my boyfriend tea, this stayed the same for our four mornings, no other choice! Breakfast consisted of a sugary croissant and tea/coffee everyday. Very dissapointing considering Rome's boast of fabulous pastierre. By day two we skipped it altogther. Don't think I'd stay in Eva's Rooms again should I visit Rome, not that it was by any means a disaster just not very enjoyable. I missed the frills of a hotel, I think when you're holidaying its nice to feel spoiled and taken care of. Its nice to have interaction the staff, some friendly banter. We really missed the option of a hotel bar. Rome has a huge restaurant culture which is great but tends to end by midnight, would have been nice to have an option for a few drinks in our hotel. Just a point hotel staff will recommend restaurants on their doorstep. We ate in Piaza di Spagna the first two nights though decided to check out Piazza Novana highlighted in our guide book. So glad we did, much more choice, likelier, buskers, street acts, art dealers, food far superior.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 5 July 2006

Hi there, my husband and I stayed at Evas rooms in Rome for our Honeymoon in May. The location was fantastic and less than 2 min walk to spanish steps, 5mins to Trevi, 10/15mins to Colloseum, we walked everywhere. However our room was an older style with a very high ceiling and Al fresco painting on the roof which was actually very freaky as the faces looked like devils. This made the room quite dark. They had a false ceiling in the bathroom, bathroom was clean, however our shower head was broken and we actually had to hold it for the other person to take a shower until Hubby went to man and he said it would be fixed that day, which it wasn't, it took hubby getting the tools and swapping it over with another room as the man looking after the hotel had no idea....
We saw another room which looked nice and didn't have the high ceiling, so maybe request that if you are staying here.
It was only Eur150.00 per night, bargain for location and it was clean....
Not sure if I would stay there again.

Reviewed 18 June 2006

Now I know that Rome is a very expensive city and I don't mind that. What I do mind is paying 150 Euros for a place that is lacking the charm of what a B&B should offer it's guests. First of all, I live in Europe and I expect traditional pasteries, meats and cheeses for breakfast. I guess Eva isn't a cook. I recieved pre-packaged toast and a store bought patery with some orange juice in a plastic cup. Yes, they bring it to your room, but our room faced an alley and even with the window's closed, it smelled like a sewer every morning as the garbage trucks ambled down the street. It was so strong, my mother was sick to her stomach from it. On our way to have breakfast elsewhere on our last morning, "Eva" made us get out of our room one and a half ours earlier than checkout. The rooms were very clean though... Warning- You can find better and cheaper....Even in Rome.

Reviewed 8 May 2006

This b&b was fabulous!! Very central (and you need to be for all the site seeing) very clean and very obliging people - would thoroughly recomend 'eves rooms' to anyone and would definately go back if visiting Rome again.

• Stayed: May 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Los Angeles, Ca.
Reviewed 17 April 2006

I stayed here for 6 nights with my husband and two sons, 14 and 16. Our room was large enough for all of us and even provided some sitting room. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was warm and friendly. The location cannot be beat. The only negative would be the noise from the nearby streets. I would recommend this place to anyone. You could not find a better place to stay. My husband has even said that he would stay there again if it was just the two of us traveling.

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed 9 April 2006

My husband and I stayed at Eva's Rooms with our 7-month old baby just before Easter 2006. What was important to us was cleanliness, a strategic location, a baby-friendly establishment, and of course, an affordable place. Eva's Rooms met all of our criteria. They provided basic supplies and breakfast in a clean and pleasant environment, and they accommodated our requests every morning & night for hot water to prepare milk for the baby (it would have been even better if they had a kettle that we could borrow instead of going to the kitchen - locked after breakfast hours - to boil water every time), and provided a baby crib at no charge. It was located near the Spanish Steps and the Spagna Metro station, which made travelling relatively convenient. Recommended if you want a clean, no frills place in a great location, and at an affordable price.

• Stayed: April 2006