“badly B&B”

Mi Casa Tu Casa Bed & Breakfast
Mi Casa Tu Casa Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2,969 of 3,743 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed in mi casa tu casa for 7 nights. There were no pans to cook anything in the midday or evening. They didn't changed our towels or sheets in those 7 day's. Very disguisting showers and sink and nobody did do the dishes even not the people who came to '' clean'' every day.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Maik H

Reviewed 27 May 2010

The staff was very rude. If you don't get to hotel at the specified hour, even if you announce your delay, they don't bother to let you in. They don't care if you are a strange and don't know where to sleep and where to go. It's not their problem that you booked to them. It was terrible stressing. Luckily there are other places with reception at the same price in the same area with better accommodation as private bath.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Miky81
Reviewed 2 June 2009

My wife and I booked this place online while traveling in Italy. When we arrived we found that this "B&B" was in a large apartment building located in the dirtiest part of Rome. When we arrived at the apartment the owners were not there to greet us, because the owners are a large corporation in Italy...it makes it kinda of hard for them to be at all of their so called "B&B's". The cleaning staff was there..very nice man. But when we made our way to the kitchen!!! Where is the kitchen...??? Breakfast is included...ya...not so much. The one 1950's washroom, was to be shared...yikes!!! and the room was extremely small, even on a European scale. It was not what was expected at all. The pictures and description online, on sites such as - Venere - makes you think that this B&B is a cozy and wholesome place...when in reality it is just a hole.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luso_O_Conquistador
Reviewed 5 May 2009

Location: streets/surround dirty and noisy, doesn t look safe, but there was no problem during our stay (so maybe it was just our prejudice), close to termini station (10 minutes walking,easily to reach), metro/tram/bus 100 m, small park nearby, near to S.Maria Maggiore (10 minutes walking), Coloseum (25 minutes walking). Supermarket 200 m, lot of chinese shops
Building: probably after reconstruction, nice and clean (mi casa has its rooms on 5th floor), elevator
Rooms: big, nice, clean, simply furnished, tv and some books, maps and tourist information at disposal
Breakfast: at choice croissants, toasted bread, biscuits, jam, butter, milk, coffee and tea, Kitchen: no ability to prepare own meal, microwave owen, ewer, fridge and hollow-ware at disposal
Staff: kind, friendly, helpfull, english speaking (maybe multilanguage :) ), fast response to emails
Other: two bathrooms for all visitors, foehn, tath towels at disposal, no reception (but they give you telephone no to call them in case of need).
We would reccomend it to our friends

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2009

My wife and I have stayed here twice now. Once for a week in the spring of 2005 and once for a week in the fall of 2008. We absolutely love the place and will continue to stay there whenever we visit Rome. Now keep in mind, this is Rome (Roma Bella) it is noisy. Romans are not consumed by their work, be patient. If you want a large hot breakfast plan on cooking it yourself. What is provided is a nice little kitchen with a stove and fridge and everything you need to cook your own pasta dishes every night. The owners do not live there but make frequent stops and are there for your check in when you coordinate it with them. There is a grocery store 1 block away and the train station is about a 10 minute walk. There is a subway station within 100 meters that will have you at the Spanish steps in 10 minutes for wine and laughter every night,

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 18 February 2008

I stayed with my daughter and her partner at the casa for three all too brief nights. It's an excellent B & B in a wonderful city. Comfortable, stylish, spotlessly clean and friendly. Very well situated for the metro, buses and the station termini. I liked having a kitchen and it was well supplied with all we needed for a light Italian breakfast. Those reviewers who criticised the neighbourhood, the breakfast, the number of chairs in the kitchen etc. cannot be aware of the general cost of accommodation in any big city these days. If they require more than the Casa offers they should open their wallets and go to a hotel.

Ernest Hall - London

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank kaneLondon
Reviewed 24 November 2006

I have been for 5 nights at "Mi casa tu casa".
The first day I had to wait on the street and telephone to ask for someone come to give me my room.
At the telephone there was a machine.
A lot of time after, a girl from Bulgaria? Russia? come and get my money for all the days.
She said to me that no one listen the aswering machine so she appears by chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I said I was coming, and I had payed one night before!
At night I suffer the high noisy place I hace ever stayed. Not because the noisy street, it was because of the neiboughs that were in the bed and breakfast. You can listen EVERYTHING of the peoble who stay at the room beside of you because the rooms are connected by doors!!!!! not by walls! so you listen if they sing, they laugh, they (---), they smoke, everything.

Vueling, the aereo company, lost my luggage. I gave the telephone of "Mi casa tu casa". They call to the hostel but as always, the answer machine. NO ONE OF MI CASA TU CASA say to me that Vueling bring me my lost luggage.
When I realize, I telephone to a mobil phone of the hostel that they only give you when you pay. A man told: "IT'S YOU LUGGAGE IT'S YOUR PROBLEM". Nice, very nice.

Moreover, the last days of my stay, one of the two bathrooms, was broken. A lot of peoble, just 1 bathromm.

About the breakfast? it's cheaper and better if you go for a capuccino and a cornetto to the street.

I wont come back there, I rather prefer a place where you can find the owners or workers of the hostel, a place you can trust.

Good luck,

Marta

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Manchuria