“great location”

Ranked #1,543 of 3,622 Rome B&B and Inns
Tipperary
“great location”
Reviewed 5 October 2010

I stayed here for 4 nights and found it very comfortable. the location couldnt be any better 10mins to the colloseum (walking) 5mins to metro which was so handy to bring you everywhere. I didnt really avail of breakfast as i dont eat much in the morning but it seemed nice but dont expect a full irish u aint at home. One thing I would say is the general cleanliness was good except for the curtains and condition of bed linen might need to be looked at. Oh and if your not used to the noise of traffic I wouldnt be that enclined to stay
All in all I did enjoy my stay you could go and come as you please and all the staff i encountered were very helpful.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
colorado
Reviewed 27 March 2010

Rebecca was wonderful in helping me secure the room at Basilica Square. It's a perfect location, safe, clean, great showers, newly refurbished rooms and fair price. She removed the stress from running the Roma Marathon. You can walk everywhere or take the Metro.
Ten minute walk to Colloseum, less than that for good reasonable food. And you get the feel of living in a community rather than hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Mythicalsoul
Reviewed 17 November 2009

This was of the places I really enjoyed staying at throughout my trip around Italy. It is apartment style, and our room was on the other end so to get to the breakfast room and front desk we had to walk up and down the stairs numerous times.

I stayed with my same sex partner in a double room with a bathroom that was ours, but not in the room. Breakfast was included, and we would bring it back to our room on a tray as the room came with a table, etc. The room was air conditioned, which I really enjoyed. It can get a bit noisy if the window is open, but that wasn't a problem since air conditioning was included.

The location is good, a ten to fifteen minute walk to the Coliseum, and right by the public transit so it was easy to access everything we wanted.

As we came in late, there was a cute note on the door saying to call a certain person whom had our keys. We had to wait for about 40 minutes, but that was because we stated that we were arriving later.

Without a question I would stay here agian.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mythicalsoul
Houston, TX
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I had the pleasure of staying at this bed and breakfast last week. Not only was it in a great location, but everything about the experience was great! The rooms were very clean, and had a great view. Also, everyone was very helpful, especially Rebecca. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone. In fact, I am planning another trip to Rome next year with my family and we are planning on staying there.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
milton keynes
Reviewed 14 December 2007

Not happy with the accommodation at all, very bad instructions to get there. Even though they advertise that they are open until 10pm, we had to wait 30 minutes to get the keys to get to the apartment - which was very badly signposted. We actually managed to get to the other apartment with the same key!Breakfast included consisted of a dry pre-packaged bread, and a coffee from the machine. No kitchen in the apartment. Paid for en-suite room and got a double with separate bathroom which was very dirty. Somebody got to the apartment during the night without us knowing about it - NOT RECOMMENDED, would never go back.

• Liked — staff were ok
  • Disliked — the whole 'accommodation'
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2006

This 'B&B' is actually a set of rooms in an apartment building. It is not easy to find, and when you do find it, there is a sign saying that the office is in another building a block away. The room was adequately clean. There were no towels and nobody came to clean the room while we were there. The hot water was intermittent. The breakfast was just some prepackaged pastries, with juice and milk. The location is OK. This would be fine as a budget hotel, but for the price I didn't think it was very good value.

• Stayed May 2006