“Great Location - Not so great accommodation!”

Casa di Iginia e Paolo Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2,968 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We stayed here for 6 nights in May, the B&B is in a great location, close to all the attractions and in a clean, nice area. Hard to find as no sign out. The staff are not helpful at all, on arrival we had no portacot for our son as was arranged and when we asked for it the guy told us to ring the owner as he was just covering the desk, so we asked to use a phone and he said we had to use our own (not cheap on global roaming!) finally got a hold of the owner and asked for the cot, along comes the other guy with a mattress and some bedding, we have to make it up and it is NOT a cot as promised! The room was large with a bathroom but we could not get any hot water, again complained at reception and were again told to ring the owner using our own phone! Eventually got hold of him and he told us we had to leave the water running for 10 mins before it got hot!!! Something that would be handy to know on arriving, not the cleanest, and our towels were not changed in the whole 6 days!! We had to make a real fuss and ask for them to be changed half way through the week. The breakfast was very average - the worst we have ever seen at a b & b, and not alot of room. No english speaking chanels on TV. Overall a great location but terrible service and average accommodation!!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 June 2009

Hard to find, because not specially mentioned. Is situated in a horrible way', NO SIGN for casaiginia e paolo!!! not a private bathroom as booked...triple shared!!! No mirror, no trashbox, no wardrobe some wooden pieces on the floor were left, the aircondition not very effective and not professionally installed. Breakfast very poor- only caffe and one packed croissant In general: a negative surprise!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2009

It was a pleasure staying here. The location is great and the staff is courteous and helpful. My private room was large, clean, and quite nice. What more could you ask for, especially at this price in Rome?

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2009

My friend and I stayed here for three nights while on a sightseeing trip to Italy. We are both in our early 20's and were traveling on a budget. Casa di Iginia e Paolo is perfect for travelers similar to us. We don't need any frills- just a place to lay our heads at night. The room we stayed in was large with a small balcony overlooking the street. It was bright and comfortable. The bathroom located down the hall was on the small side and could have been a bit cleaner. However, we are both college students so that didn't seem to bother us much. Breakfast in the morning is simple. We had toast and coffee each morning so don't expect anything extravagant. It is just enough to get the day started. The B&B is located a little out of the way from the Vatican and Colliseum but we used the metro and were there in no time. It is within walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and Spanish Steps so we spent evenings wandering around that area. Overall, it was a fine place to stay and I would recommend it to other traveler's in a similar situation to ours.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Booked this as it appeared to have rustic charm, but soon found out it was rustic but with no charm.
positives- very clean, shared bathroom very basic and a shower built for a child, very very small and a tight squeeze to fit.
Breakfast was very poor, toast, machine coffee, jams no cheese, meats or pastries usually assosiated with a continental breakfast.
Shared with very noisy guests, however that is not the owners fault, not a great location at all, very far out from main attractions.
my advice is dont stay here, you can get much better.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2008

We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Rome "the Eternal city". The accommodations were comfortable- walking distance to Villa Borghese, Via Veneto and the Triton fountain, and the Spanish steps. Rooms and bathrooms were clean and comfy.Our host was a gracious and welcoming , going out of his way to make us comfortable including answering any questions we had and even helping us with a small load of laundry.
Thanks

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank wannatravelalways
Reviewed 20 August 2007

This B & B was the worst I have every stayed in. It wasn't the accommodation or location that was all OK it was actually the owner. His name was Paolo at first he was pleasant but that didn't last long. I travelled with my mum & sister who were not happy with his attitude either. He was not very helpful at all. The bathrooms were dirty with mould in the showers, the toilets were not cleaned the whole 5 days of our trip. Me and my mum shared a room and our beds were made up for us every day (although sheets were not changed) but our waste bin was never emptied. My sister was in a room on her own and although her waste bin was changed everyday they never touched her bed. He did supply us with a map of the sights and outlined the attractions but when we asked basic questions he just kept saying "No No" while shaking his head and finger at us so we had no idea how to get to places, and as my mum and sister have physical disabilities, it was a daunting task but we managed and seen everything Rome had to offer. Paolo stopped me one day and asked me were we smoking in the rooms (My sister doesn't smoke but my mum and I do) I replied No and pointed out to him that we were aware of the fines given to anyone who broke the no smoking rule (there were notices on the back of the bedroom door) and I also knew that he had seen us standing outside on the pavement everyday smoking so I was quite annoyed at this question. Nevertheless the next day he had stuck a hand written notice on the mirror in our room asking us not to smoke - my mum was really upset as we were being accused in the wrong. We asked Paolo to book us a taxi for our return to the airport at 8.00am as our flight was at 12.20pm but he forgot so we had to trail our suitcases for about 30 mins to get a taxi on the street. When we asked for breakfast before we left he refused even though we had already paid. Breakfast was another scam the juice machine was out of order the whole time we were there the coffee & tea were freezing every morning (I suspect he used water out of the hot water tap instead of a kettle or geezer), croissants were stale as were the cornflakes. We were given a tea spoon to eat the cereal with !!!!!! I have stayed in many B & B's and this has to be the biggest disappointment ever. I get the impression that Paolo does not like his job and dislikes the general public even more as he had a very bad attitude and for that reason I feel I have to share this with other people so as there break is not blighted as ours was.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family