On arrival they tried to put us in a broom-cupboard, which they called a room (No.12). When we asked if there were any bigger rooms available, the initial welcome evaporated very quickly, and we were led to Room 14. We were told "don't complain tomorrow if this room is too noisy, you can't change again".
The shower head was dangling on a piece of plastic, the toilet roll holder fell off when you touched it - lots of minor repairs needed doing, which gives the impression that no-one gives a damn about the place. Our soap ran out, and was not replaced even though I asked. Even the soaps in the shared bathrooms were watered down so much you couldn't get a lather!
The breakfast was horrendous - croissants in plastic - cheese slices in plastic - I suspect the plastic would have had more taste...
Even the orange juice tasted rather strange.
If you don't want to run a B&B why do it? If you do, please be prepared to put a bit of effort in.
As for the location, it was the worst I had ever stayed in in Rome and the public transport there was awful - the 910 bus ran about every 30 minutes, but was often very late, and then two turned up together.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room to rent in central Rome, to sleep near via Veneto and Villa Borghese, with everything you need for a pleasant stay in Rome, Casa di Iginia e Paolo is just for you.We have well-lighted, large rooms and the entire house has wi-fi access. Breakfast is included in the price... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa di Iginia e Paolo Bed & Breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Di Iginia e Paolo Hotel Rome
- Casa Di Iginia e Paolo Bed And Breakfast