“Excellent location and price”

Residenza Montecitorio
Ranked #605 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Northern Virginia, Virginia
“Excellent location and price”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Perfect spot right off Via Del Corso. A little further from the Metro than indicated (but a write-up here had warned us and I'm very familiar with Rome anyway) and tricky to find (no street sign). But worth it. RIght in the middle of everything. I had my in-laws traveling with me and my wife and 6yr old and we had an awesome suite. Well-furnished and turned out rooms with nice bathrooms. Small balcony with a great view. Rooms were small (which is typical for Rome) but the comforts made it worth it. And, afterall, I'm not in Rome to hang out in my room!

Room Tip: Get a balcony room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Excellent location of the hotel. Nice clean bathroom. Helpful receptionists.
The window wouldn't close, so had to put the heater on maximum and really noisy one night. Room was quite small though but sufficient.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Sliema, Malta
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The hotel is in an excellent location just off Via Del Corso. The rooms are clean, warm and a good size. They have free Wifi. The hotel staff was very welcoming and efficient. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Erfurt, Germany
Reviewed 8 December 2011

I was sceptical of all the positive reviews on Tripadvisor, but when my husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in October we really enjoyed our stay. Our room was amazing, comfortable and bigger than we expected with a view of Rome. We agree with others that the bathroom was a little bit style over function - not enough light to apply make-up (me) or shave (my husband), and the shower design meant slight leaks on the floor. The happy hour was great, as were the free coffees (had at least one a day), free laptop set up with Wifi was handy. we also had some good advice on where to dine thanks to Mr. Paul, Porto of Ripetta really good restaurant All in all, if you can get a good rate, I would thoroughly recommend it.
Renette k.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Our family of 4 stayed here for 2 nights. This hotel is in a terrific location on the 3rd floor of a big building, just off the via del corso. We were in close proximity to all the main sights. Our room was clean, nicely decorated and consisted of a queen size bed and a set of bunk beds. [I suggest that the top bunk bed needs a railing around the top for safety]. We had a balcony but didn't use as too small, but it was nice to have a view of the street. The shower did run out of hot water one night but came back again after a short wait. When we first arrived we made our way up to the 3rd floor - half of our party at a time as the lift was not large enough, carted our bags up 2 sets of stairs - only to be told that we were in another part of the building and would have to drag everything down again to the bottom and over to the other part of the building and even more stairs! This should have been clearly stated to us when we first buzzed in - and were seen on the tv monitors. Apart from this, which was very annoying, the staff were very good and gave us a fabulous restaurant recommendation for dinner - we ended up dining there every night. The staff also booked us a transfer to the airport in a private car which was very clean [and fast].

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 28 September 2011

I have read three reviews some days before my journey and I was very disappointed, I thought of changing my reservation. This would be a big mistake! I and my friends stayed there for three days. The location of the Hotel is ideal. The entrance is on the third floor but we didn’t have trouble to find it. On our arrival Mr. Giuseppe was very friendly, he provided us with maps and useful information but the other stuff was also helpful. The room was clean and was reasonably priced for the location.

Room Tip: I asked for a sunny room
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Orange, California
Reviewed 16 July 2011

GREAT LOCATION! However, I just stayed 3 nights at this hotel and was terribly disappointed. The pictures are deceiving on the website. Where to start....the walls are thin, windows don't close all the way, bed mattress is thin and uncomfortable, bathroom desperately needs remodeling and has the world's smallest shower, layout of the room is poor, floors were dirty. I could go on-and-on. Staff seemed just as miserable working there and did not have enough manners to even greet guests. Every time you asked them a question or walked up to the front desk, they seemed annoyed. I must say that upon arrival, Aga was very nice. Other than her, the hotel was not worth the price (even based on European standards). Shame on me for not doing a better job of reading reviews and choosing a more decent hotel. The address of the hotel is not visible on the street. Thank goodness the taxi driver knew the hotel, otherwise we would have been looking for hours for the dump. Oh, website didn't mention that the hotel is within a building shared by other hotels.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels