Residenza Montecitorio
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Excellent 5/5
    Infinity Hotel Roma(Rome)
      Great 4.5/5
      All reviewsvia del corsospanish stepstrevvi fountaindouble balconyvittorio emanuele monumentwindow facingsmall elevatorsmall signterrific locationcentral locationstayed here for two nightsminute walkwalked everywhereheart of romenice stayhotel roompiazza navona
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 14 March 2013

Nicely situated close to everything. Unpretentious, clean and friendly. Our room was on the small side and a bit dark - mostly because of the blue wallpaper and heavy curtains, but also because one of the lamps was not working. No breakfast available but there are several places in the vicinity that serve coffee and a croissant. Great value for money that we would consider coming back to.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
      1  Thank katemil
      Reviewed 17 December 2012

We (couple in our 30s) chose this hotel due to its central location and the price. And you get what you pay for in this circumstance. Of our two week stay in Italy this hotel was by far the worst! I am not one to complain but almost immediately upon arrival my husband and I contemplating checking out and going elsewhere..... When we arrived we were directed through a dirty courtyard to an small elevator in the back (good thing we packed light) up to the third floor then up some stairs (you will find the elevator doesn't match with the actual floor?) into a small reception area
      The receptionist advised we would have to go back down the stairs/elevator and into another small elevator at the front. Then up to the forth floor and back down some stairs down a small corridor and then get buzzed into a portion of the building that is associated with this "hotel" and finally into the room. In addition to all this you also have to be buzzed into the main entrance on the weekends and at night. It doesn't sound too bad until you have to do it every time you come back to the hotel.

When we found our way into the room there was a strong cigarette smoke smell in the room. Despite the cold weather we had to open a window to air out the room.... (Maybe I neglected to req a non smoking room)... The room was tiny! About 2ft clearance on either side of the double bed. The term bed I use loosely. It was more like plywood with sheets and thin pillows. The bathroom was a little better but with a small shower. There is no breakfast included but there is a reasonably priced cafe across the street. Also, while I am hesitant to note but feel it important enough to include, one day upon return to the hotel there was also a strong distinct smell of marijuana smoke in the courtyard. It is a shared courtyard in all fairness but it was still alarming.

As for the positives it was a budget priced hotel so again you get what you pay for. There was free Internet and there is a small balcony that overlooks Via del Corso which is nice. Also the location is really good.

I wrote this review in hopes that others will be better prepared in the event they elect to select this hotel for their stay. Had I known what I was getting I would have spent the additional 50 euro a day and stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
      6  Thank got2getaway02
      Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed here as a couple (in our early 20s) for four nights at the end of October. Couldn't have asked for a better base for our first trip to Rome!
      First of all, the hotel is in an absolutely perfect location. No more than a few hundred yards to the Trevi fountain (especially if you get to know the shortcuts!) and within very easy walking distance of the Spanish Steps, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. We didn't use public transport at all, visiting both the Vatican and Colosseum by foot as well. Make sure and bring a good pair of shoes!
      The hotel itself is small, but from the looks of things, so are most Roman hotels. Our room was more than big enough for the two of us, with a comfortable bed and very effective air conditioning. There was some noise from the streets below, but nothing that would keep us awake or bother us. Very large bathroom and an excellent power shower. Rooms were cleaned every day and the bathroom was kept spotless. The staff in the hotel couldn't have been more helpful, recommending places to eat and organising transfer to and from the airport for us (we had awkward flight times and didn't want to rely on public transport).
      There are a couple of things which some people might raise issue with, but which has no bearing at all on how much we enjoyed our hotel and trip. Firstly, there is a small tax of 2Euro per person/per night to be paid at the end of the stay - luckily we read this both on here, and on the hotel website, so didn't have any unpleasant shocks when checking out! Lastly, after a certain time (not sure what the cut off was) you have to ring a buzzer to get back into the hotel. We didn't mind this at all, if anything the extra security made us feel all the more secure.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone I know and definitely wouldn't think twice about staying here again should we return to this beautiful city!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
      1  Thank Orla M
      Reviewed 3 November 2012

This hotel was a great find. It is right in the middle of Rome and just a few streets away from the Trevi fountain, the Pantheon and the Spanish steps. The Castel De Angelo is about 25 minute walk away and the Vatican about 30. Everything was so easy to access. We didn't have time to do the Colosseum but could have walked to that too. The hotel itself was very clean, towels changed every day and the room made up - they even folded our pjs. The room was a bit dark and didnt have the balcony we asked for but we didn't complain. Staff were very helpful with maps and directions. They suggested some lovely places to eat. The area has lots of places to eat which is just as well as the hotel doesn't serve breakfast but we were aware of this before we booked. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
      3  Thank Bridiew729
      Reviewed 31 October 2012

My husband and I vacationed in Rome for our wedding anniversary, and we stayed here for 3 nights. Nine of the Top 10 sights were within walking distance, and being avid walkers, we loved it. We rarely used taxi's, and all the walking we did helped to offset the amazing meals we had at nearby restaurants (one of the best was recommended by the hotel desk clerk). However- the bed (at least the one in the blue room we stayed in) was what we laughingly call a 'murder bed' because it kills you to sleep on it! It was the hardest bed I've ever slept on. But after I got used to it, I think it kinda helped my bad back. The noise level from the street below was pretty high (mostly on the weekends), but nothing a good pair of earplugs didn't take care of. The rooms are small, but most are like that in Rome- unless you're paying $800+ a night for super luxury. The bathroom was surprisingly big (though the shower was a tight fit). Whatever - we went to Rome to see Rome, not hang out in a hotel room. The hotel isn't the newest, shiniest place around, but who cares? The rooms were cleaned everyday and what I've listed as the not so great details, were completely acceptable to me. If I go back to Rome, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. It fulfilled what I personally need from a hotel room: cleanliness, great location, and it didn't cost an arm and a leg.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple