“Excellent value and location for the price paid”

Residenza Montecitorio
Ranked #589 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is in the heart of Rome, a 10 minute walk from the Trevvi fountain and spanish steps. 20 minute walk from the collaceum. Basic hotel but always clean and tidy with nice furnishings. I am a 21 year old female and was travelling with a friend we felt extremely safe in this hote. Near to station for airport access and in the heart of all the sights. Exceptionally helpful 24 hour reception and all staff were friendly and helpful. Perfect for what we wanted! Rooms on the small side would recommend for couples and friends more than familys. Felt very Italian and we had a fantastic stay here! Also free Wifi! And we forgot our travel adapters and hotel staff happily lent them to us!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank kristina d

Reviewed 25 July 2014

The location of the Hotel is ideal. The room was clean, good size. They have a free wifi (advantage for me). We stayed without breakfast, next to the hotel is cafe /small restaurant with breakfast menu. Good value...

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank E1492
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here 3 weeks ago for 2 nights before our Italy tour. It's a typical European size room. Modest and clean. But the wonderful staff is very helpful (their attitude sure beat the staff at the Romanico Palace which cost more). The 2 young ladies (Chiara & sorry I didn't get the other's name) are always there to help you - even tried to carried this old lady 50 lbs suitcase up the stairs. I like the comfortable home atmosphere here!! The location is GREAT!! So close to all main attractions and you can walk to streets of stores for shopping!! There's a store closed by, Despar (ask Chiara), 5 mins away, that you can get water, Coke, pastries, wine, fruit, etc. so you wouldn't have to pay the outrageous prices from street vendors. I would stay here again if I go back to Rome!!! It's so convenient!!! Thank you ladies & the gentleman that works the late shift. He recommended a wonderful place (5 mins away, I think it's Cirro?) for pizza and pasta. Great food & reasonable price!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank shihtzu02
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Residenza Montecitorio is a really quaint hotel on a variety of floors around a small courtyard. Very friendly and helpful staff, even when we had to check out at 4:30am!

This hotel is centrally located and is within easy walking distance to the Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain.

Clean rooms and cleaned regularly, the rooms are decorated very nicely.

We had a suite and it was quiet inside the hotel, although you can hear lots of life in the street (cars, music, chatting) from the balcony!

I would recommend this hotel for a stay in Rome as it has a great location, reasonable prices and great staff!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Laura N
Reviewed 20 April 2014

great location at 10 mins walk from the main central places to see: Spanish steps, Piazza Navona, Fontana di Trevi and Pantheon. located on two different floors in a very old building, service is very basic although staff is kind and keen to assist. a misunderstanding on the room forced us to change room after the first night, if we had been told we would have arranged things differently. anyway, room was clean and beds comfortable. bathroom could be better and overall it leaves you with a feeling of old stuff anyway. no bar or restaurant, so basically a room rental rather than a proper hotel. If you don't look for luxury and want to stay in the very center of Rome, this place is OK.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BoboRossi
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Rooms are super small, old, smell like mold, elevator for two people, you have to carry the luggage in different times because impossible to do it at once. The smell triggered asthma really bad . We had to take antihistamine. If you have any kind of allergies or asthma don't even go there. We tried to find another hotel and I didn't even care about the money I was going to loose, but almost nothing left in Rome. I wish I would've read a review like I am writing I would be more careful.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant in this hotel .
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Quinoafan
Reviewed 4 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, and my parents stayed as well. Our room was quite small and cramped, but had a large bathroom, while the room my parents had was larger and with a nice desk, but a smaller bathroom - so clearly the rooms vary a bit. Everything was clean though, and the bed pretty comfortable, and the free internet pretty fast.

The location is undoubtedly fantastic, right in the centre of things off via del Corso, you can walk everywhere, or get the bus if you prefer just nearby. Although there is no breakfast included, there are plenty of great bars just outside so that is not a problem.

It is not beautiful or fancy, but it's a very convenient base if you prefer to be in the centre of the city, and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple