“nothing wrong with this hotel”
Review of Hotel Camelia

Hotel Camelia
Ranked #132 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Ingolstadt, Germany
“nothing wrong with this hotel”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Very, really very nice staff. Clean and silent rooms. Very good located near Termini. Nice breakfast (for Italy). Stayed as family in a three-bed-room. Enough space, everything alright - except for windows (only roofwindows, no sight to the street). We can recommend this hotel, which is 3 stars, by 4 stars!

Room Tip: Maybe look for a room in 1st, 2nd or 3rd level, not 4th (roofwindows)
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Axel L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Selden, New York
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I traveled all through Europe for 16 days and we definitely missed the hospitality and kindness after we left this hotel. Every time you enter the lobby, whether you're leaving the hotel or just going to breakfast, you're greeted with a smile and a hello (I can't say the same for other hotels we stayed at!). The service was amazing and the people were SO nice. It's only a short walk to the train station, and there is an AMAZING gelato place right down the block. My favorite in all of Italy. There's also a cute little wine bar right around the corner. I would absolutely stay here again during my next trip to Rome. Everything we needed, recommendations, where to go, how to get there, they were there with a smile.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jennifer8412
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Hotel is an easy walk from Termini station, so it is convenient for using trains & buses to get around Rome.
My double room had a nice juliet balcony & was a good size for Rome hotels.
Staff on the front desk were very helpful & breakfast had a good selection to choose from.
I felt ok walking to/from the hotel at night but some solo female travellers may not.
I would return to Hotel Camelia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dianepatricia1406
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in great location, only 10 minute walk from the Termini but far enough away from the hustle and bustle to have a good, quiet nights sleep. The bed was like a super, super king size, and very comfy, the rooms were extremely clean and the breakfast was varied and catered for everyone. The staff were lovely and very friendly. I really enjoyed our stay here and am recommending it to all our friends and family.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank GeorgieSpen
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed a total of 4 nights here. The location is good as it is very close walking distance to Termini (Rome's train/bus main hub).
I would have to say my favorite part of our stay at this hotel is the breakfast. The espresso was AMAZING and the wait staff very accommodating (I miss my half espresso/half chocolate drink every morning). There was cereal, toast, croissants, yogurt, meats, cheeses, biscotti and jelly. We did a France/Italy adventure honeymoon and this was my favorite hotel out of the 4 we stayed at!
The front desk personnel spoke English, which helped tremendously. Our room was always clean and there is a safe inside the room (great to hold passports). Also loved the free wi-fi!
There was a very nice lobby area and breakfast area. The hotel is well maintained. I accidentally dropped the shower head (it was removable) and it broke. They immediately sent someone to our room to fix it for us! Such great customer service!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leslie C
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

,very nice hotel. excellent service. wonderful location. clean, pleasent and comfortable rooms. nice breakfast.
airconditioner, nice and clean bathroom
quiet place. ten minutes from the center of the old city
thank you very much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mylivni
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Myself and my boyfriend spent two nights in Hotel Camelia. We were just there to sleep, shower and eat breakfast because we only had two nights in Rome. The room was small, but wasn't an issue for us as we were hardly there. The whole hotel was spotless. All staff we encountered were friendly, helpful and polite. It has free wifi, which had excellent signal strength! The breakfast served was a continental breakfast, with a good selection of choice, better than some other hotels I have stayed in, in Europe. The hotel is very near Termini station, which was great for us as we arrived to Rome by train. It is about a 20 minute walk to the Trevi fountain area from the hotel. Not much around the hotel area itself, a few shops, restaurants etc.but we always ate lunch and dinner in another area of Rome as we were out sightseeing. Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for lovely, budget hotel!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple