“Extremely Angry and Disappointed” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Legends Hostel

Legends Hostel
Ranked #201 of 1,067 Speciality Lodging in Rome
St. Louis
“Extremely Angry and Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

I had an extremely bad experience at this hostel. I had a complicated booking at Alessandro Legends Hostel, (I was scheduled to change rooms twice.) On the third night I made a point of confirming with Mintu, the guy at reception, that I was in the correct room, and he agreed that I was. Later that night, around 2:30 AM, he came into my female dorm room, shook my shoulder and shined a flashlight into my face, and then ordered me to gather all my things and change rooms. Naturally this woke up the entire room as I began trying to pack all of my belongings at 2:30 AM, in the dark. Mintu ordered me into a room with three men who I didn't know. When the girl who was traveling with two of those men, who never wanted to take my bed in the first place, convinced him that she was fine staying with her friends, Mintu told me that I could move all must stuff BACK to my room. This pointless ordeal lasted atleast half an hour, and because I had a museum reservation in the morning and had to wake up early, I am physically exhausted and furious about it. I told Mintu that I expected a refund for that night and tonight, the last night of my stay in Italy, and he said Ok. I made reservations at a different hostel for tonight, and when I spoke to the staff about the incident, they informed that they could not give me a refund for cancelling my reservation. I would like to emphasize that I did not expect a refund for having to change rooms, or because I cancelled-- I expect a refund because Mentu's behaviour was totally inappropriate, pointless and inexcusable. Because the staff was unwilling to compensate me for my trouble, I plan to post as many negative reviews as I possibly can on as many websites as I possibly can. Take my advice-- find a different hostel.

• Stayed July 2006
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Elise S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Korean first