Hotel Beautiful
US$1,167
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
All reviewsreception guycafe next doortermini stationamazing locationpastrynice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Staff Mike Monjur he very wonderful Man ,Stayed here in early June ,Great location right at the heart of down town Rome, with pretty clean rooms, Staff were cool, they even go beyond to tell me the most convenient way to discover the city. There was free WiFi internet in my room no need to go out. Over all I had an amazing time at the hotel!! Thank you for all

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I really wasn't expecting too much from this place in light of its name but nothing prepared me for what we actually got. The place was absolutely filthy and I'm pretty sure we weren't the only living things in our room given the massive blotches on my skin the next morning. The bathroom was pretty scummy too so much so that I hedged my bets and skipped showering. As we were leaving the next morning, we noticed that someone had relieved themselves in the corner of the staircase. Glorious.

That said, if you're looking for somewhere cheap sans cheeriness, this could be your bag. It was literally steps from Termini train station which was super handy and it also had free WiFi. So, not completely awful, just mostly.

Long story short. I would never stay there again but that's not to say that it wouldn't suit backpacker types that don't mind sup par levels of comfort/hygiene.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michelle Q
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Well, I didn't have the best expectations for this hotel, but it was a nice surprise.
I got a room with a big bed and bathroom.

The clerk was a kinda weird guy, didn't really payed much attention to us (he was on the phone).
He gave us the key and we went up and the room was clean, the bathroom very clean, and the bed was very very comfortable!, I had a great sleep.

The location is kinda creepy, lots of homeless guys and funny smells (in the street, not the hotel), but hey, everywhere in Rome smells funny (lack of toilets I guess).

I had a very good sleep there, it was very clean and very close to the subway, I deffinitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Not recommended at all. The only good thing was the location of the hotel.
It was very expensive, the room was stinky (we could not keep the window opened, as strong food and oil smell came up from somewhere, probably from a restaurant below).
The whole place was weird and noisy, we could not sleep properly.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mico27
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband are at the end of our month long trip in Italy. We wanted a place that was farily inexpensive, and close to Termini for easy access. We knew we would not be in the room other than to sleep since we'd booked an online tour to Pompei from Rome, so our expectations were not too high. I knew it was a "budget" hotel when I booked, and I rate on Tripadvisor with the hotel rating in mind...so giving a 3 star hotel a 5 star review means it is super for only being a 3 star place. BUT, the Lam Guesthouse was poor overall.
The person checking us in was fine, but not overly friendly.
The room is not what we were told we'd be getting...a private double room with bathroom in our room. Our double room was small, barely fitting the bed and a small desk. And "our bathroom" was a separate room with a key. The bathroom had moldy shower curtain and felt yucky to me.
The air conditioning would only come on when it wanted to (we thought it might be on some sort of timer) so it got hot in the middle of the night as it would just shut off and you couldn't get it to go back on. AND to top it all off, as we were getting ready to fall asleep, the air conditioner above us began leaking drops of water...which we had to hear all night! Even for a budget place, I would not recommend this.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple