“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3,152 of 3,690 Rome B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

The outside looked pretty bad but then when I got to my room it was very clean and neat. The location was really good because it was so close to the terminal which was very convenient. overall my experience there was very pleasant. I would definitely choose this place again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hostel was everything that I needed for my stay in Rome. I stayed for 5 nights. It has a great location, Free WiFi and the employees were all very nice. The rooms were also very nice and clean which was cool. Grocery store next door underground in the Train station. I would recommend this hostel to my friends, my only complaint is that I had to pay for a locker which was 5 euro for my entire stay. Regardless, this was a good hostel for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The hotel advertises to have wifi in the room and throughout the hotel- yet, there is no wifi available in the rooms at all!, unfriendly staff, towels need to be purchased, elevator not working, the whole hostel is quite worn out

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We were staying in a hostel, so yes, we knew that our expectations should be adjusted. We have stayed in many hostels, all over the world and even twice before in Rome, unfortunately, this was the worse.
We were booked into a triple room, for 4 nights. This room was on the 3rd floor. Room 301.
Check in was fine, we were instructed to use the lift and meet the porter on the 4th floor. He was polite, spoke good English and showed us to our room, down stairs, one floor. The building was quite confusing, as there seemed to be two parts of the hotel.
The room was secure, always a good sign. However, first impressions weren't great. Our rooms was dark and smelt.
The porter showed us the basics and left us to it.
After assessing our room, we revisited reception and asked them to move us, however, apparently this wasn't possible. So our only alternative, was to ask them to fix the following:
- one side of our shutter wouldn't open, therefore leaving our room in shadow, all day
- the curtains were nearly falling off, meaning we couldn't draw them at all
- 2 of the 4 lights needed to be repaired, leaving the room even darker
- air conditioning, which didn't work at all, might have been the plaster/band aid over the control panel
- the shower head fitting, as the shower head wouldn't stay upright
- the leaking sink, meaning your feet were washed automatically when using the hand basin

We asked each day that these issues could be resolved, but we don't believe no one addressed them.
Our room was visited each day to have beds made and bins emptied. The cleanliness of the accommodation was poor. So much so that I was covered in bites, every morning. The bed was infested.
Being on the 3rd floor wasn't an issue, however we were visiting Rome with someone who struggles with stairs, therefore lift was vital. Unfortunately, not only did the lift not feel safe, but didn't work on 3 occasions.
Hostels are about enjoying the place you are staying and meeting new people. The only common room was also the 'hostel' porter's bedroom, meaning you did feel like you were encroaching his privacy in the evening. Not a problem too much, but this is the only place for WiFi connection too.

Overall, we were very disappointed and it left us with frustration and a feeling of being ripped off.

A real shame.

Positive points...
Close to Termini
Across the road from airport bus drop off point
Fridge in the room

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RebekahFord
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I booked this hotel for 5 nights but as soon as I arrived to the room, the smell was very bad so I stayed just one hour and I requested my money back. The television inside the room is a very old one 14 inches which in my town we threw away such long time ago. They charge you for towels 2 euros each. The bathroom is horrible also. You do not have the will to take a shower. I got my money back,they charged me 2 nights and I hired a cab driver to take me to Ibis, but he recommended me a hotel called Caravel Hotel which is a looooot nicer than Beautiful Hotel.

Some people here say best place ever. Don't believe them. They are not telling the truth. They are being forced by someone to write this review. The irresponsible act will guide people to wrong and expected place and probably may spoil the trip in Rome.

If you want to save your money and you dont care about cleaningness and safety you can consider this hotel by I do not recommend it for anyone.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I reserved 3 rooms for 3 nights, 2 rooms were fine the other smell wax and the windows are locked. I asked reception if they can open it but said they will fix it n the morning, but nothung has been done until we checkout. We went back to the hotel after a days out and found the lift not working. We informed the reception about this hoping they will fix it but was instead told to climb the stairs to the 4th floor to close the lift door properly so it will go down. I was expecting they will do it, but........ That's their customer service----customer will do the service. Our flight back home was on the evening so we checked out 10am that day and left our luggages in one of their rooms designated for luggages to be picked-up after checkout. I noticed that even though the room was locked, anyone can just borrow the key and get stuff from the room because their are no hotel attendants manning it. Am I going to book again here for my next holiday? Well, this will be my last option....

Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I don't know if I'm just used to the cleanliness of Scandinavian countries or if I'm just picky but I sure know that Hotel Beautiful was definitely not a good place to be. I stayed for six nights and I will not ever return to this hellhole of a hotel.
I'm an asthmatic and allergic to mould and this hotel made me sick. The air inside was very humid and smelly and everywhere was dust. I got an allergic cold from the mould and my eyes itched every time I was inside the hotel for more than an hour. So allergics and asthmatics - beware.
I don't know if the staff of this hotel even had a vacuum cleaner. Dust was absolutely EVERYWHERE and many surfaces were so yucky you couldn't touch them without being disgusted. The curtains and the lamp of our room (four beds and a bathroom) were the most horrible things - on the curtains you could see thick lines of dust which could have easily been vacuumed off and on the lamp there was a layer of dust you could just wipe away if you wanted to do so. The very least I expect from a hotel is basic cleaning from areas that can be easily cleaned - this hotel couldn't do even that. The corners were dirty and bed sheets full of short, dark hair (I suspect the arm hairs of the male staff - ew) and there wasn't a proper duvet, just a dirty and old blanket. Some other reviewers say that there has been bedbugs - we didn't have, but anything is possible for this hotel.
We were constantly out of soap and toilet paper and the staff didn't seem to notice. In the wifi room the staff watched TV so loud that our friends in that corridor couldn't sleep. The doorbell rang all the time and was very distracting when you were trying to sleep and one man of the staff tried to hit on my friend - creepy and unprofessional. We even suspect that some of the staff stole our friends two tops because when we were leaving they couldn't find them anywhere. Our breakfast was absolutely horrible - it tasted great, but one small, sugary croissant and a bad-tasting juice isn't worth of two euros when you can get a big panini from the nearby DeSpar for the same price.

About the only positive side was the location and one female member of the staff who spoke really great English and was friendly and not creepy at all. I wish I could recommend this hotel but I can't, it was just so dirty and horrible. I wouldn't stay again and anyone can get a better hotel for the same price.