“Really, really need a lift.”
Review of Hotel Cervia Roma

Hotel Cervia Roma
Ranked #257 of 1,072 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Really, really need a lift.”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My 2nd time at this hotel, and this time I was on the third floor. Lugging suitcases up those stairs was a killer so if you have medical issues or just generally unfit, ask for a lower floor when booking.

i went back here for the fantastic location, so close to Termini station, its a good base to explore the city.

The room was like an oven at night and this hotel would benefit from investigating in some air conditioning. The area is overrun with American students spending their Summers abroad and at nights the streets outside are filled with them all drunken and laughing so your choices for the night are a) bake to death or b) stay awake all night with the noise.

The hotel doesnt advertise that you have to pay 2 euros per person per night on top of your booking and they only spring this on you at the end. Im not sure if this is an Italian thing or not but I really think it should be advertised at reception or you should at least be advised when you check in. We didnt have much money left and had to 'copper up' in order to pay them.

Still, I like the hotel and the area and its workers are friendly, I would go back for the third time.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brussels, R?on de Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I just came from Rome, where I spent 3 days (and 3 nights). I booked this hotel online because I thought was well located and was honestly the cheapest "decent" hotel I found.
The problem? That my idea of "decent" does not include a hotel where you can hear EVERYTHING, and specially if you have groups of teenagers running and shouting in the corridor before going out, and doing the same (and waking you up) when they come back around 4 or 5 am.

However I must say that they were cleaning the bedrooms every day (not really difficult, as mine was smaller than a shoe box, 75 cm bed!!!!!) and the same with the SHARED bathrooms and showers, very clean. I was having a shower around 7,30am and never had to wait.

Finally, 2 small details that I did not like:
- Individual rooms were much more expgensive than a double room (per person/night) so I was at least especting a big room, and not a 75 cm bed!!!
- Extras. You need to pay 2euros/night that are not included in the original pric, if you want to have breakfast there, you need to pay 3euros extra/day. I think it was expensive enaugh to include the breakfast!!!!!!!

As I said there were good things (clean hotel) but If I go to room I will never stay here again, not in this area, not in this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Candi C

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights and booked it online because of it's price and location. This hotel/hostel is very near to termini, though it was easy to find the street, the google map I had sent me to the wrong end of the street so it took me a while to find the actual hotel (which shares a doorway with another hotel co can be a little confusing with the signage)

The room was small (but there was only me!) but adequate and clean. The shared bathroom was clean, though you had to be quick to get in there - even when I got up at 5am one day I still had to wait to get in the bathroom! There are a lot of stairs so if you are unfit you should maybe ask for a room on one of the lower floors. It is located on quite a lively part of the street so a little noisy with the window open but everything calms down (or retreats inside) by midnight so it's not too bad.

I did have a hairdryer issue as there was supposed to be one in my room and there wasn't when I arrived - I had to dry my hair in someone else's room the first morning. I eventually got given a hairdryer on the second day with a dodgy plug that I had to hold in place while I dried my hair. I recommend that if you need to use a hairdryer - just take on with you!

I didn't have breakfast there - preferring to try some of the cafes in the streets around the area. The restaurant next door served great food and the staff were friendly which is important when you are dining alone.

If you want somewhere that is near to the termini, but far enough not to be on the main streets and good value so long as you don't want any extra frills, then I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: There are lots of stairs and be prepared to carry your bags up them to your room (or ask for a room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Lyon, France
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

I just got back from my stay at this hotel, where I stayed in a room w 4 other girls (who I did not know) and had a great time here. The location is right next to termini station which is very convienant, and also is attached to both the A and B lines of the metro. The hotel is clean, nice and the people working the front generally were able to help me with everything I needed. The man at the front printed out my boarding pass for me, and also helped me with finding places to eat and do my laundry. Great value for the price, and I highly reccomend it for student travelers in Roma!

Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
England
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I stayed in this hotel/hostel in sept....i thought the location was not too bad at all in the day me and my partner walked 5min walk up the road and bought 3 day sight seeing pass (red buses) which u can either get red line or blue line. we were of stop 1 of the red line the price was reasonalble and helped us get around rome no problems as well as not missing any attractions, the buses were every twenty minutes you just goto the same stopas you were droppedoff at. the hotel was very clean, the cleaner came in everyday made the bed and cleaned room we were sharing the bathroom shower was small but bathroom was very clean. There was a fabulous pizza place just across the road which was AMAZING!! we also found a restaurant closeby 10 minute walk called Florians food in there amazing staff really friendly we had main course each shared a pizza a litre of wine and beer bill was 47 euro which i found cheap.

on the way to and from the station we got a coach which was 3.90 euro each there and back drops you as termini station picksupfrom termini station which was 5-10 min walk to hotel.

over all i think this hotel was in a good location not expensive and u get what you pay for.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wallington, Surrey
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Hotel Cervia is located about 5-10 minutes walk from Termini station. There are plenty of good priced restaurants in the vicinity and, despite what I had been told, the area seemed pleasant. You need to walk to Termini to get the regular bus service into tourist Rome or the Vatican.

The rooms are clean and a good size. The linen is also clean and the beds are comfortable.

Disadvantage 1:
There is no air-conditioning (which you would expect for the price paid) but I had to leave my window open (as it was hot outside) and the street outside was noisy so it was hard to sleep.

Disadvantage 2:
We opted for the shared bathroom and this was very small (a shower and toilet).

Overall, good value for the price paid

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not looking out onto the street (as it is noisy at night and, as there is no a...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2012

This hotel is near to termini. You can reach by 5 minute walk. The room is very small and bathroom is too small. Shower at my room is broken so water splash uncontrolable. No aircon in the room, and i have to open the window while sleeping because its very hot. But afterall this hotel is quite good because of its location

• Stayed June 2012