“Upgraded and a pleasant suprise”
Review of Dock Suites Hotel

Dock Suites Hotel
Ranked #215 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Just like everybody else, i was tranferred from Madison Hotel. I choosed madison hotel because it was located near termini. Somehow madison hotel transferred us Dock Hotel (upgrade from 3 star to 4 star hotel), and paid taxi fare to get there (€15). Dock Hotel was 5 minutes from termini.

Dock Hotel is in quiet residencial area, in front of police office, and 5 minutes walking to nearest Metro. You can find small resto and mini market on the way to Metro.

The hotel has a very nice interior, wood panel, modern bathroom aplliance, and complete kitchen equipment. The staff was nice but not so much speaking english.

We regreted the location at first time, but compensated with nice upgraded room. I could be happy stay in rome then.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Siskadityawarnan
There are newer reviews for Dock Suites Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Yes I have 4 nights booked for Madison Hotel, Via Marsala, but It was fully and they offer me a suite at Dock hotel and I was really OK there. I was with my wife ( better my lover), and it was really very good holidays. I was for my 55-th anniversary and we visited so much historical places. it was really good time passed there.

Room Tip: Rooms are all suites and OK
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lorus57
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Like others b4, I was upgraded to the Dock which was in a nicer, residential area near many cafes and a subway stop. Lovely marbled and wood paneled suite! My only complaint was the bed was previously slept in by a smoker and I had to air the place out.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 November 2011

I made my reservation in Madison Hotel but when I arrived they told me that they will move me to Dock hotel and they told me If you don't like it comeback to Madison. When I arrived there I decided to stay.The rooms there are very nice and clean. the place is so quite. The stuff was helpful during my stay (6 days). the hotel was only two stops from Termini station, you will need exactly 15 min from the moment you leave your room to the moment you leave Termini station. The only thing that I did not like was the breakfast, it was so poor. if I visit Rome again, I will come to hotel Dock.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2011

This is a nice hotel in a quiet residential area of Rome. There are not many tourist attractions nearby, but there are plenty of cafes, restaurants, and shops near the hotel.

Pros:
- Quiet neighborhood
- Great room. Large, clean, and well furnished. The floors are all marble, and our room had a walk-in closet with plenty of space for luggage. There was also a large desk and mini-fridge.
- Big bathroom with plenty of hot water and a fancy shower with 10 different jets that were slightly intimidating.
- Great air conditioning

Neutrals:
- Breakfast was typical Italian pastries and coffee. Not great, not bad.

Cons:
- None

Overall, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2011

I'm one of the person who was moved from Hotel Madison to the Dock Suite. it's just a short walk to the metro and you're 2 stops from Termini, which is good for us.

the room is big n the staff is nice. if not hotel madison, i will miss this lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Interesting... I'm another person who was moved from Hotel Galles to the Dock Suites due to water supply issues. Not to worry though, great to be upgraded from a 3 star to a 4 star although I picked this hotel for it's location - luxury in this case wasn't worth all that much. However it's just a short 4 minute walk to the metro and you're 2 stops from Termini, which is perfect. I can't imagine anyone willing to walk around rome not needing the metro on a daily basis anyway. You're also next to a police station, a mini mart and some restaurants close by (although a few are more for local residents).
The room itself really was something with very stylish polished granite floors in the hallway leading to the walls in the bathroom. Hidden away in the hallway is a kitchenette behind a large sliding door with a non-working electric hob and sink. Beneath is a sliding ironing board and mini bar/fridge. In the bathroom the bath has a "power shower" and fully working jacuzzi (fill the bath up first) and nearby there's a decent hair dryer and heated towel rail. The study(!) to the left of the hallway and the bedroom were well decorated with the same upholstery as those of the sheets and curtains! Very well thought out, with enormous mirrors in each room, especially the one over the bed.
For an upgrade this was all quite a bargain at €88 a night.
The only issues were quite small. Our fridge wasn't replenished when we had informed them that it had been used, and the rooms are a little dark. Breakfast here is what you'd expect from Roman hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple