“Great hotel, excellent location”

The Inn At The Roman Forum
Ranked #12 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
“Great hotel, excellent location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

Very cute and charming hotel right where you want to be in Rome. The roman Forum is a five minute walk, coliseum 10 min walk, Pantheon 15 minute walk, Trevi Fountain 15 minute walk, Vatican accessible via public transit. Hotel is set on quiet and charming cobble stone street. Everyone was friendly but we can not give enough praise to Valentina who works serving the breakfast in the morning. Valentina was such a delightful, helpful, and charming person and is a true asset to this hotel - she really made our stay a memorable one!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Christianwintter
Maria Rosaria M, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Inn at the Roman Forum for your stay in Rome.

We are grateful for your kind comments and really appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. As our main goal is our guest’s satisfaction, we are glad to hear our staff members left an impression and you had such a great time!

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next Roman holiday!

Best regards,

THE INN AT THE ROMAN FORUM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Inn with my husband and two children and I must say that the place is terrific. The property is a small wonder in itself, complete with part of the Roman forum downstairs and a small garden upstairs! And did I forget to mention the balcony with a view of Piazza Venezia? The inn is also centrally located (literally 5 minutes from the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Piazza Venezia and many more) in a quaint and beautiful neighborhood.
The staff was extremely friendly and personal, helping us every morning to find the best restaurants and sites in town. Beautiful, clean, comfortable, I could go on and on but I'll end with saying thank you for making our stay absolutely wonderful!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Lillian A
Dear Guest,

On behalf of The Inn at the Roman Forum team I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our terrace, the staff, and the rest of our property.

We look forward to welcoming you again for another wonderful roman holiday!

Receive our warm regards,
Calcutta, India
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I arrived along with my wife and 8 year old son at 11PM from Florence to the hotel on 10th April 2013. I had booked the hotel for Eu 300/night. Given the price, and being an SLH property, I expected this to be a 4-star property. We checked in, signed the necessary documents and proceeded to our room, which we found to be very stuffy. I called housekeeping and they said that the air conditioning was not working and they will shift us to another room. I then proceeded to another room and another and the situation was the same everywhere. Later in the 3rd room I was told that the "air conditioning for all rooms has broken down and nothing can be done about it”. I went to the reception and asked them if this was the case and they confirmed it and offered to shift us to a sister property: Inn at the Spanish Steps. I declined that offer and asked the aircon to be fixed. They said that is not possible and then having no choice, I had to move out of the hotel at midnight with my wife and kid and 4 pieces of luggage. I found a cab on my own since the hotel was not gracious enough to call one for me. After midnight, I started looking for a hotel in Rome and eventually found a room at The Intercontinental and checked in at a price of Euro 350/room/night.

To make matters worse, I had a package delivered the next day from my previous hotel to the Inn at the Roman Forum, which the hotel tried to withhold and asked for a 300 euro payment in lieu of that. I had to threaten them with a police complaint to get my package.

To make matters worse they lodged a claim for all the 3 nights with my credit card company and this was charged to my card last week. The hotel just gave my check in slip as a proof of stay. While I am going forward with suing my credit card provider, I also want to highlight the fraudulent behavior of the hotel: no intimation of the fact that the hotel ventilation was in-operational prior to check in, withholding my package for a ransom and false submission to recover money from my credit card.

This is not a 4 star property. My complaints to SLH for denotification of this property will follow this post.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
17 Thank Aditya_Agarwal22
Hildur J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so sorry to read your comment, which unfortunately does not tell the whole story.

First of all we are not accustomed to fraud our clients and what you have just mention in your comment is very serious. We have already contacted TripAdvisor in order to take all the necessary measured in defense of our property.

Secondly writing a comment a ONE YEAR after your stay claiming that we charged your credit card “last week” is absurd. We mostly receive only positive comments about our structure, service and satisfied clients that make me also doubt the reliability of this comment.

Anyway as the whole story has not been told, we like to add some point to the other side of the story.

1. In accordance with national/local laws, air conditioning may not be available during certain times of the year and usually come into action in May. Our property have self controlled A/C that can be regulated from the room, and during off period of the A/C it’s still function blowing constant air in the room if required.

2. The reason you where showed different rooms is because you did not like the one booked. (Standard Triple room) and in fact you ended up in Executive Triple room without any extra cost requested.

3. Not liking the given room, despite of the A/C we kindly offered you if you preferred to stay at our sister hotel at the Spanish Steps of the same category. You declined that proposal and at your own choice decided to find your own accommodation!
But that you needed to find your own cab is simple NOT TRUE and is a part of the serious lies that Tripadvisor has been informed as well, the receptionist on duty tried to find all possible solution for you without any of your cooperation and refusing to call you cab would be below any service standard our property is known for.

4. The package part of the story has also a very different side. The package that arrived to the hotel the next morning and we NEVER CHARGE OUR GUEST FOR STORING ANY PACKAGE THAT ARRIVE TO OUR HOTEL PRIOR TO THEIR ARRIVAL NEVER!) and your case was NO different. The front desk manager that you dealt with that morning, kindly explained to you that instead of paying any penalty for leaving the hotel (as to the cancellation policy that you had signed and agreed on) she offered you to pay 1/3 of the entire penalty amount and this you refused.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PACKAGE and in fact it was handed to you right away without any issue of the room payment. Nobody used the package as a withhold for the room charge! And calling the police is totally new to the story and is nothing similar to the discussion you had in the hotel in person as it did not come to that as we delivered you the package immediately no question asked.

As written before, we have informed both Tripadvisor and SLH as we take this very serious.

This behavior as you describe is not what we are known for and can be confirmed by hundreds of satisfied customers that have written their comments on this website.

Please receive our best regards

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend booked this a surprise for my birthday and the room and hotel was amazing! We got an upgrade to the executive suite and the room and service was impeccable.
Hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to everything. Great, friendly staff who made you feel welcome.
Would definitely come back on our next visit to Rome and would recommend to others in an instant.
Thanks for a great stay!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Inn at the Roman Forum for your stay in Rome.

We are grateful for your kind comments and really appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. We are glad you and your girlfriend enjoyed our executive suite. As our main goal is our guest’s satisfaction, we are glad to hear our staff members, our room services and our location left such a lovely impression.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel for your next Roman holiday.

Best regards,

Salisbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We have just returned from four nights staying at this great hotel. We had a lovely room which was very clean and comfortable. We loved the cryptoporticus and the other highlight was the roof terrace where we had breakfast every morning with sparrows sitting watching us from the plant pots. The location is amazing but very quiet despite being just behind the Roman Forum. The best feature of the hotel without a doubt is the staff. We have never had such fantastic service. All the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, helped with airport shuttle arrangements and restaurant recommendations, and William in particular looked after us very well. Cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hildur J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing The Inn at the Roman Forum for your holiday in Rome.

We are grateful for your kind comments and really appreciate that you have taken the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. As our main goal is our guest’s satisfaction, we are glad to hear you had such a good time and to hear that our personnel have left a good impression.

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Just enjoyed another wonderful weekend in Rome, staying at this fabulous little hotel. We were met at the airport by our very efficient limousine driver, no waiting – a mercedes really does get the weekend off to a great start! Though our room wasn’t ready for our early arrival (10.30am), we were greeted with some delicious complimentary Tira Misu to whet our appetites for our first footbound sodjourn into the city. On returning at around 4pm, not only were we welcomed with a complimentary, deliciously fresh fruit juice, but we were also told that we’d been upgraded – how good is that!!! We were upgraded to a superior room, in their adjacent facility, and it was amazing – very spacious, with an excellent bed, and powerful, hot shower.

Best of all though was the impeccable service received from all staff members we encountered, from the ladies on the front desk to William and Valentina up on the terrace for drinks and breakfast. Both William and Valentina are very friendly and chatty, which just facilitates a more personal touch and engendres one to the intimate nature of this small hotel. I cannot think of a better place to have spent my time in Rome. Perfectly located near the Colosseum, and the Roman Forum, and a very pleasant stroll up the Via Del Corso towards a host of other attractions like the Trevi Fountain (10 – 15 mins), the Spanish Steps (15 to 20 mins) and the Piazza del Popolo (20 – 25 mins). The Inn is also surrounded by some very nice restaurants, which the hotel will very gladly book for you, as they did for us. All in all, it was so good, my wife is making plans to return with her sister and mother later in the year. Thank you for a wonderful weekend Inn at the Roman Forum!

Room Tip: Despite not being in the main hotel building, our room (205) was excellent - very large, with good a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hildur J, Guest Relations Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
First of all thank you for share with all the travelers your experience of your recent stay at The Inn At the Roman Forum, our main goal is exceed the expectations of the travelers that decide to enjoy their Roman Holiday with us.

It was a delightful for all our staff to hear that you appreciate the service of all of them, specially Valentina and William and your comment encourage us to continue improving our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back for your next holidays!

Warmest Regards,

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Came to Rome for a 4 night trip with my girlfriend at the beginning of February. Paid a little extra and upgraded to an executive room. 101 to be exact. Was worth every single penny. The room was fantastic! Spacious, comfortable and homely.

The customer service was impeccable. Staff couldn't do enough to help! They booked restaurants for us and even sorted my transfer. Breakfast was fantastic.

I hate coming on here and reading stupid reviews like the wifi signal is weak. If you want that go to a big chain hotel. If you want a true rustic experience of Rome visit this hotel!

I would recommend anyone to visit this hotel!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Hildur J, Public Relations Manager at The Inn At The Roman Forum, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Thank you for giving us your nice feedback about the time you had on you recent stay with us.

We love to hear how much you liked the option of the upgrading and that you felt it was worth it!

I am glad to read that the staff provided good service and it has been appreciated by our guests.

We will very glad if you give us the opportunity to host you again in the near future!

Best regards